Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Attendances...

PatMan

... seem to be on the 'up' so far this season. Is this due to the "2 for 1" offer, the increased awareness since FA Trophy, the promotion in town on Saturdays? Might it be the better standard of football?

Spookily tho the attendances have been 1832, 1842 and 1872 with only Stevange cocking up the sequence! (something to bear in mind when doing the Prediction League!!)

I think next Saturday will show if there is a difference because the 2 for 1's have stopped now, bearing in mind the lesser away support with Woking it will be interesting to see if we can keep up this good start. Let's hope so.

I'm not going anywhere near the 1800's with my next prediction mind! grin

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Surprised that there are no more Friday night games. They seemed to be well attended (I think?)

Sorry Pat but I'm selfishly pleased that there are no matches on a Friday evening. All my Fridays are taken up, and what about my season ticket, I would probably lose out on it.

Here in the states, Friday evening is the traditional time for high school football (American style, of course). Saturday afternoon and evenings are for college games, and Sunday is for the NFL.

What I find amazing is that the high school where I teach has had a dreadful football team for years (while dominating in every other sport). There are only about 25,000 residents in this entire community, and yet we still get gates of 3,000 - 5,000 every Friday night. I can't explain it. And yet the soccer team, which has won our conference 11 years in a row, never draws more than a few hundred.

Not sure what my point is. I just think it's good to see us creeping closer to the 2000 threshold, even if it's partly from the 2-for-1 promotion. It brings enough in, some of them will come back. Right now we're at a 60% increase over last season's average. Let's hope we can sustain it through the "lesser" fixtures. (It didn't hurt that our first home Tuesday was Cambridge.)

I don't really want football at any other times than Saturday at 3pm, and Tues/Weds at 7.45.

But, when trialled before, the Friday evening games did prove fairly successful. (Would this be when Charlton were still a Prem side and at home?)

Its not something that should be done regularly, but anything that increases numbers through the gates is worth thinking about..

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
I like home games on a Tuesday. especially come February when Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool are on ITV Champions league and its chucking down with rain.

These games especially, where its quicker to announce the names of the crowd than the players.

YF - Traditionally, Fleet would have very few 'distant' supporters anyway.

but Cambridge and oxford brought circa 500 with them each... I think Cambridge brought more and we have a lower crowd - i worked out that home attendance was something like 1300 for that game and that is incl of circa 200 2 4 1 tickets... so in fact its nowhere near as good as the overall stat seems to state... lets see what lesser games crowds amount to...

I presume we are going to have the occasional Home game on a Sunday this season (2.00.p.m. kick-off) thanks to Setanta's Thursday night live games ?

If so, I won't be able to get there in time.

My Sunday League Team's matches (in the Enfield/Cheshunt/Hoddesdon area) don't finish until 1.00.p.m.

I was lucky when filming for Grays against Kidderminster on Sunday as we did not have a match.

It looks as if all Blue Square Premier clubs are going to start their Sunday matches at 2.00.p.m. so that supporters go in the bar afterwards to watch the Premiership match on Sky at 4.00.p.m.

If we kick-off at 3.00.p.m. I can make it no problem, but I wouldn't have thought the club would do that just for me. achso

Originally Posted By: StuThompson
Originally Posted By: Hannah
I love the Tuesday night games because Tuesdays are usually really dull and nothing interesting happens... apart from when there is a match to look forward to!

Normally the Tuesday night games are dull also, with us losing to some relegation fodder team.

Especially on those freezing winter nights when losing by a high margin..... But it's what football's all about.