Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

RS, are you being deliberately obtuse? I have not been banned. I actually wouldn't have cared about that, if at the beginning I had had an email saying "you are barred from this forum". What I object to is the fact that some computer technician has taken the trouble to make it appear that we are posting (when we view the new forum), when in fact no-one else can see our posts. This is of course because we are NOT banned and they want us to be banned - but as the CEO of the club wants an inclusive site and the few posts we made were positive and polite, there would be no grounds whatsoever to ban us.

If Harry had registered on freemyfc, had posted pleasantly and in a friendly manner and hadn't tried to discredit us elsewhere, he would also be welcome on our site. Remember, it is a private site set up by friends - not an official site set up by a football club. If you and your pals on here set up a private forum (it's easy to do it, as you know), I'm sure you wouldn't want people on there who were only there to cause trouble for you.

Anyway, I'm pursuing this directly with David now as he also isn't happy about it. So no point talking to the posters here any more, as some of you are determined to do what you always do on here - put the blinkers on and attack. Hempstead Gaz has as usual been helpful and friendly, and I thank him for that.

Good luck to you all!

Originally Posted By: Darter
Anyway, I'm pursuing this directly with David now as he also isn't happy about it. So no point talking to the posters here any more, as some of you are determined to do what you always do on here - put the blinkers on and attack. Hempstead Gaz has as usual been helpful and friendly, and I thank him for that.

Good luck to you all!

bigcry And I'm chopped Liver! bigcry

Good luck to you all!

Let it be remembered in the Ebbsfleet history that I was the original "building bridges" instigator. My thread did get hijacked rather, then was uncerimoniously dumped into the "The Pub", but it is still one of the FansFocus all time top ten for posting numbers.

I wanted, along with many other MYFC members, to enable Fleet fans to view, but not post on, the MYFC forum, simply to give the ordinary non member an insight into the MYFC workings, which in turn may have increased local membership.
Sadly, it wasn't to be, as too many wanted the whole MYFC thing to remain a private and closed club.

Their loss will ultimately be their loss, as it appears too few will renew to make the whole thing worthwhile.
Hands WERE held out from our side in a gesture of freindship, the handshake was refused by MYFC.
MYFC may well die a slow and lingering death, Fleet will continue, in 1 form or another, either PT or FT, in whatever league.

I still hold my belief that the non Myfc and the Myfc members can unite, rather than untie, it is just more difficult when dissidents and the brain dead such as Claudius invade and disrupt every constructive thread with their own embittered views.
And I thank you for your kind words, Sal.

Hmm, 960 postings, 8600 viewings, surely it must be worth remembering what all the fuss was about?

"Whilst there is a feelgood factor about Fleet at the moment, there is still an underlying suspicion about the whole MYFC thing from old and cynical supporters such as myself.

I would like nothing better than to fully accept everything that MYFC does and stands for. I'm not sure that will happen all the time the PTT thing hangs over the club - no doubt the apathy of most of the voters will dictate whether or not it will continue.

One thing that would go a long way to building the bridges between us would be to make the MYFC forum viewable to Fleet fans. I agree we should not be able to post there, nor would I be too fussed about the whole world viewing it - but it would give the Fleet regulars who are non members an insight into the general mindset of those that regularly post there.

Not sure how it could be done - poosibly an admin from this forum could supply names and details for MYFC verification from those on here who have posted - say 250 posts or more times.

Who knows, it might even persuade many of us they are actually just like us and join up.

Food for thought?"

I think the sentiment of my original post is as valid today as it was then.

It was a good post and you are a good poster but the main bulk of the thread was pointless off topic chat from the more annoying amongst us, who were posting for the sake of posting, so completely took the shine away from your original post.

There are only a few of the MyFC members who people are hostile to nowdays and with good reason.

Hope you've had a good birthday. smile

Hannah - the freemyfc forum is a private forum set up by a group of friends. It is hardly the same thing, is it? We banned no-one - we simply reviewed the membership, as many weren't posting, many were posting anonymously and some were just lurking and then telling tales on MyFC. A number of those we deactivated contacted us and explained why they wanted to be returned to the forum and we reactivated them.

That's total [****!!****]! Just because people have signed up and don't post, you deactivate them. Surprised I've not been deactivated then, as I haven't posted and can still get on there....

Originally Posted By: eufckev

Hannah - the freemyfc forum is a private forum set up by a group of friends. It is hardly the same thing, is it? We banned no-one - we simply reviewed the membership, as many weren't posting, many were posting anonymously and some were just lurking and then telling tales on MyFC. A number of those we deactivated contacted us and explained why they wanted to be returned to the forum and we reactivated them.

That's total [****!!****]! Just because people have signed up and don't post, you deactivate them. Surprised I've not been deactivated then, as I haven't posted and can still get on there....

It does all sounds a bit weird... the whole thing. I suggest a name change to "privatemyfc" if it is a "private" forum.

Originally Posted By: chris blanc

And Mr Rozanski isn't a moderator on the forum, so asking him would be a bit pointless I'd have thought.

you really are a quisling chris...you and I both know that the web team run the new forum and you and I both know that you were involved in the not very clever scam to make loose DD and sal invisible...

why you feel the need to come back here and deny your involvement speaks volumes for your integrity (or lack of it) you know exactly what has gone on...

have some balls man and stop hiding....!

There's no point in building bridges, but let's remember it's only the minority of MyFC/former MyFC who came on to the "Building Bridges" thread and ruined it. The huge majority of MyFC are fantastic people and aren't control freaks on the forums like this lot and start off a Free MyFC forum, of which hardly any people use (200 out of 33,000, and only a minority of them post regular)... and need I name them? I don't think so.

Originally Posted By: eufckev
There's no point in building bridges, but let's remember it's only the minority of MyFC/former MyFC who came on to the "Building Bridges" thread and ruined it. The huge majority of MyFC are fantastic people and aren't control freaks on the forums like this lot and start off a Free MyFC forum, of which hardly any people use (200 out of 33,000, and only a minority of them post regular)... and need I name them? I don't think so.

Are these the same minority who can be bothered to vote?