Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The new EUFC forum - deceitful tricks

Darter

What self-serving posts on here! If you read my original post, my objection is to the underhand bit of web trickery that has been used to make it look as if I and two of my friends can post, whereas in fact our posts are invisible. I have now had 2 PMs from David Davis and he isn't happy about it and is looking into it. I know and like David and have met him on several occasions, as well as exchanging emails with him over the last year. I believe that (as I said above) this is the work of the Web Team who have built that site. I have been told by technical experts how such a trick can be built into a site - it is perfectly possible. David will not want that to continue, as it is sly and deceitful.

I object to suggestions made on this thread that I might have received a PM banning me from the EUFC forum. I have not received any such PM, and anyway, there is no reason to ban me. People who can't post on freemyfc now might find that it is because they were happy to read what was said on there and then occasionally misrepresent banned members on the MyFC site. I think that is a little different, don't you ...???

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Where is Blanc BTW?

Has he really gone into hiding?

Quite funny that..:-)

Not gone into hiding, just drastically reduced any time on here because the place has been taken over by half witted imbeciles like yourself.

As for the matter at hand, as far as I know, no one has been banned on the EUFC site, nor have I received any messages from anyone telling me that they've been banned or anything like that.

Once again - we have not been banned, our accounts have been tampered with so that other users of the forum cannot read our posts. This is underhand and has not been sanctioned by anyone in a position of authority.

The new site is an official forum of a football club and it is completely inappropriate for the Web Team to do this.

Originally Posted By: Darter

I object to suggestions made on this thread that I might have received a PM banning me from the EUFC forum.

Aimed at myself, Darter?

Let me get this correct - you object about something I suggested that might have happened?
What are you objecting about? I made a quite reasonable assumption that the issue between yourself and the moderators of the EUFC had discussed the issue via PM, rather than hurl insults back and forth over the open forum?

Surely that would be a much more sensible way of dealing with things?

No of course not, PatMan. I do not believe this is Chris's work, anyway, unless he is an expert on coding and built the site. It is not a moderation thing - it has been built into the operation of the site.

Hannah - the freemyfc forum is a private forum set up by a group of friends. It is hardly the same thing, is it? We banned no-one - we simply reviewed the membership, as many weren't posting, many were posting anonymously and some were just lurking and then telling tales on MyFC. A number of those we deactivated contacted us and explained why they wanted to be returned to the forum and we reactivated them.

Originally Posted By: Hannah
"Lurking" on a free site. Surely that's allowed?

The banning of HJA still hasn't been explained by anyone... so until then I just see all your moaning as hypocrisy.

Hmmmmmm... banning somebody from one site for doing something on another and then moaning because something similar happened to you would seem to be massively hypocritical wouldn't it?

HJA was an abusive, obnoxious poster. His sole purpose of being on freemyfc was to insult people. He didn't make one constructive post on there. I'm sure he hasn't told you about that of course. He was banned from here for abuse, and has recently been banned from MyFC for the same thing - not for the first time. If you had the full facts, you would know that in the early days I always stuck up for Harry on MyFC. But of course, as a moderator Chris you have always been less than impartial yourself, so you wouldn't acknowledge that.

"Lurking" is of course allowed. But lurking and then using what you have read to stir up trouble for people elsewhere is not quite the same thing, is it?

Originally Posted By: Darter

"Lurking" is of course allowed. But lurking and then using what you have read to stir up trouble for people elsewhere is not quite the same thing, is it?

We dont know. Is it?

If you are so upset about not posting on the new forum may I suggest one of the following.

1) Raise a motion on MYfc to go to vote if you have enough people who care left in your litte group to force the club to open the forum to all.

2) Go away to another forum where plenty of people are in harmony and happy and discussing their club/hobby and annoy them.

3) Just bugger off.