Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: Darter
Hello UU
I've just started a thread on MyFC about the attendance at home matches. I'll see what people say ...

evening butchy....evil

thats my whole point...it doesn't matter what they say...its what they do that counts in this ol' NL game...!

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Hello UU
I've just started a thread on MyFC about the attendance at home matches. I'll see what people say ...

evening butchy....evil

thats my whole point...it doesn't matter what they say...its what they do that counts in this ol' NL game...!

hello easy rider ... evil
yes I know, but all we can do is keep trying ....

hello easy rider ... evil
yes I know, but all we can do is keep trying ....

thats true....trying and taking part is important.....grin

I wonder if there is any merit in starting a MyFc harley chapter..we could all meet up for games at various service stations across the country and talk about leathers and white sox...crikey we could even start our own football team....

harleychester united....: bolt

Thanks for your reply. I certainly don't underestimate the amount of time you spend on this forum or on MyFC matters - it is plain for everyone to see. The crucial date to discover how well (or not) this experiment in Club ownership has worked will be the first renewal date. Sure, some have signed up for a second season already, but they are a fraction of the entire membership. Hopefully the FA Trophy win will encourage more to re-join than has been predicted. However, I do not underestimate that by that date a fair number will be moving on to the next big thing to capture their short attention spans.

kmj, you are right about the renewals worry. My guess is this. Those who joined after November will be more likely to stay. They knew which club and many joined because they already had an affiliation. Those who joined before then are the ones who may go. We'll know in February, I guess.

The success of the Harley Davidson "brand" has often puzzled me. Possibly American hype? Style over substance? John, you might be able to confirm this, but wasn't it the case that in the film Easy Rider that the "good" guys rode Triumph motorcycles, while the "bad" guys rode the Harleys which were slower and heavier machines? If I recall this correctly, how did the company turn around this image to the public at large?

Originally Posted By: kmj
The success of the Harley Davidson "brand" has often puzzled me. Possibly American hype? Style over substance? John, you might be able to confirm this, but wasn't it the case that in the film Easy Rider that the "good" guys rode Triumph motorcycles, while the "bad" guys rode the Harleys which were slower and heavier machines? If I recall this correctly, how did the company turn around this image to the public at large?

http://www.powerpassion.nl/harley/story-engels.html

Thanks for the link. I have read it quickly but cannot see any mention of the film. It did remind me of another film though - Electra Glyde in Blue.

It is true that the US market was able to largely withstand the Japanese imports while the UK market could not.

It comes down to the personal preference of bikers. Some will always support a particular make.