Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

And can I say that over on the MyFC forum you will personally get loads of sign up to any intiative which is about bringing the supporters together. It's exactly the right approach to take, as there have been discussions for months about how to achieve this. I have enjoyed your posts on there from the beginning x

Originally Posted By: Darter
And can I say that over on the MyFC forum you will personally get loads of sign up to any intiative which is about bringing the supporters together.

Here's a great one - lets say we get together every 2 weeks or so, and watch a game of football? There's a great club near the majority of us who post here - more than happy to have ye all turn up every other Saturday...

Only downside is that LESS THAN ONE PERCENT of your lot would make the effort. Even when one of your own arranges very cheap, direct-to-door transport, ye can't be ar$ed...

Well PatMan, I can't comment on the other members, I try to get to as many as I can. I guess they all joined for different reasons. I would have hoped that the southern-based ones would have come to games at home, though. It's a whole weekend out for the northern members and a number of us do attend the away games anywhere north of Birmingham.

Am not knocking any of ye going to away games, but its been said on here many times, and Liam mentioned it during the week - the club NEED a big increase in home gates to push onwards and upwards next season.

The locals have proved themselves to be a lost cause - only turning up for the big games, but then they don't claim to be supporters and saviors of the Fleet.

Get on transport when its been arranged, get on trains when it hasn't been. Don't be using the excuses "Its expensive" or "Its a whole weekend", cos it doesn't have to be.

Prove to us we were wrong about ye. Turn up and experience the real atmosphere of the Fleet. More fans = more money = more success = more fans.

This will not only benefit the Fleet, but MyFC would gain an increase in membership having a team playing league football... Everyone's a winner!!

On the flip side of the coin, Pat, is that after speaking to many neutrals who went, a lot have already vowed to become regulars because of the surprisingly high quality of product on show. Many could not believe we were non-league.. I know that not all will keep up that promise. But some will.

If that feeling is replicated amongst the 15-20,000 odd locals who went, I can see no reason why we cannot see an inprovement in gates of 500-800 for the start of next season, especially if Liam is able to add some real quality players to the squad.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Am not knocking any of ye going to away games, but its been said on here many times, and Liam mentioned it during the week - the club NEED a big increase in home gates to push onwards and upwards next season.

The locals have proved themselves to be a lost cause - only turning up for the big games, but then they don't claim to be supporters and saviors of the Fleet.
Get on transport when its been arranged, get on trains when it hasn't been. Don't be using the excuses "Its expensive" or "Its a whole weekend", cos it doesn't have to be.

Prove to us we were wrong about ye. Turn up and experience the real atmosphere of the Fleet. More fans = more money = more success = more fans.

This will not only benefit the Fleet, but MyFC would gain an increase in membership having a team playing league football... Everyone's a winner!!

Pat, I agree 100 %, and I could give you a list of MYFC members who would do the same, such as Darter, Lorraine, Artithon etc. We can only do what we can personally, and we cant round them up and make them go :-) It is frustrating. But we will keep going at it, and try and get them, to go. I know maybe 100 or so go to a home match, but they wont be the same 100 each time. People circumstances vary week to week.

Personally, if I was within 2 hours, I think I would be there nearly every game.

Another factor which effects attendance, and I know people may criticise this, is involvement with other teams. Remember, we became involved with EUFC in November, a sizable percentage of MYFC members at that point will have had season tickets at another team. It will be interesting to see next season if this is a factor that helps us as a few maybe dont renew them.

I think the 5,11 match tickets will help, but despite trying to tell people about these, I still get told that they dont know about it. The

Originally Posted By: Jeff
I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life catchinh up with this thread.

You should be proud Gary as you have spawned a monster here. :-)

I cannot apologise, Jeff. My thread was started with the best intentions. I am not to blame for it being highjacked and diverted off topic.
It has become a monster of a thread, hasn't it.
Now in the all time top 10!!

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
My thread was started with the best intentions. I am not to blame for it being highjacked and diverted off topic.

ah but yes gaz...the best threads always get diverted off topic and then tend to jump around a bit but always returning occasionally back to the orininal topic....

hijacking threads on a friday night is normal aint it....grin