Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: Hannah
It's been said before and I'll say it again - this thread is not building bridges between anyone but Darter and UU (who needs that here?) and some of the shoutbox regulars. Only a minority of the existing fanbase are posting here quite happily. You know this full well... but you want to carry on posting about bridges because I doubt you have anything better to do with your time.

Strange people indeed.

it has also been said before that your opinion hannah is just that...your opinion...therefore subjective and not by definition the opinion of others...(although some may share it of course as others will also disagree)all those opinions are worthy are they not...?

many people have posted on this thread and only a couple of them urchins....most are however moonie members and the whole point is to get those members onto this forum in tandem with the fleet fans is it not...?

and thank you for thinking of me but I have much to do with my time at the present...4 days a week for a charity and one day a week coaching youngsters....most enjoyable...smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
it has also been said before that your opinion hannah is just that...your opinion...therefore subjective and not by definition the opinion of others...(although some may share it of course as others will also disagree)all those opinions are worthy are they not...?

I'd say quite a lot of people agree with me here.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
many people have posted on this thread and only a couple of them urchins....most are however moonie members and the whole point is to get those members onto this forum in tandem with the fleet fans is it not...?

Why are they not posting where the majority of Fleet fans are posting then... surely that's the best way? Yorkfox and rsheard, for example, managed it by showing a genuine interest in the club and posting on the threads about the Fleet. How can you expect everyone here to welcome all these newbies in when they don't seem to be saying anything constructive about the club itself? Since when was the history of bridges relevant to the club?

Originally Posted By: Darter
Originally Posted By: cantos
I only come on here because i am infatuated with Darter.

Well, that's fair enough I suppose!! smile

I think you've just proved Hannah right! If you think this thread is building bridges with Fleet fans you must be quite naive. Building bridges with UU and shout box regulars yes, but Fleet fans, no!

And you wonder why we had reservations about MyFC members invading the forum.

Post what you like it's a free world, but don't kid yourself you're doing this for the 'greater good'.

Hi Hannah, I've posted on other threads on this forum. You'll see that I only signed up 3 weeks or so ago! It's just that at the moment, this thread is the one where the discussion has actually been about the relationship between the original Fleet fans and the new EUFC supporters from MyFC. I know it has moved around, but that happens on every interesting thread.

I am curious as to why people are bothered about it - to me, you post if you want to or you ignore it. I don't post on threads if I think they aren't going anywhere.

Originally Posted By: Emily
Originally Posted By: cantos
I only come on here because i am infatuated with Darter.

Well, that's fair enough I suppose!! smile

I think you've just proved Hannah right! If you think this thread is building bridges with Fleet fans you must be quite naive. Building bridges with UU and shout box regulars yes, but Fleet fans, no!

And you wonder why we had reservations about MyFC members invading the forum.

Post what you like it's a free world, but don't kid yourself you're doing this for the 'greater good'.

Hello Emily
I'm sorry you think this is an invasion, that isn't the intention. And I have been a Fleet Trust member since last November, by the way. I don't think we are doing anything wrong here.
Sal

This thread was never going anywhere Darter. And you say to ignore it, well I don't know if you have noticed but the majority of regular Fleet posters have ignored this thread because it is so irrelevant. Not the best way to get into the fold is it? You may be having so much fun posting on this thread but in reality you are no closer to building bridges with the exisiting fan base of this club than when you signed up.

Hi, fair enough, that's fine Hannah, I'm quite happy at the moment with talking to the people who have been posting on here. I can't get to know everyone straight away! I've posted on the other forum every day since August last year and I only know a fraction of the members.

I actually find it hard to believe the sense of humour bypass on here at times.....I am and have always been the most sceptical of posters when it comes to moonie HQ...its long term chances and the agenda of the ultimate owner and likely sole beneficiary..(although I have accepted that little harm can come to fleet in that long term)....

its a harmless thread free from ugliness and uneducated arguments....a rarity these months past on here....why spoil it...?

Hello Emily
I'm sorry you think this is an invasion, that isn't the intention. And I have been a Fleet Trust member since last November, by the way. I don't think we are doing anything wrong here.
Sal

Was that supposed to impress me? Didn't see you at the AGM.

As I said, feel free to post whatever mindless drivel keeps you happy. But don't delude yourself that you are building bridges with the Fleet fans here.

Several MyFC members post here already and build more bridges talking about relevant things than you ever will with your smilies and bike talk. I'm not interested what time you go to bed so tend to ignore those posts, there is after all a shout box for those comments.

You've got a long way to go to become integrated with the regular posters here. Maybe you should ask someone like Yorkfox for some tips, he's managed it quite successfully.

Jeff, I think the way this thread has developed this evening has been very relevant to the original topic of "Building Bridges". It's funny (and you know I like you, but this is true), you are someone whom on the MyFC forum can be relied upon to subvert a good debate on an on-topic thread by introducing off-topic material! I didn't realise you had a different style on here. wink

It's not a question of styles as I just say what I see. In this instance, I see pages and pages of rubbish. Discussion on here is usually based on CG's team selections, whether you can comment on a match if you weren't there and taking the piss out of Gillingham.

That is my point basically.
As for building bridges, I'm not so sure this has achieved anything to be honest.
If I were a MyFCer, I'm not sure I would even log onto this site, let alone post on it.

Thanks for liking me though :-)

Blimey the natives are friendly grin

Emily and Hannah you just aren't getting it are you? smile

I'm glad you two sour pusses aren't typical of the G&N fans i know or no one would want to come to the club, locals, moonies or non-league supporters.

Lighten up, it's more bridge building than pontification and alienation.

It's HG these days, Jeff. drinkies

Hempstead is much posher than Chatham.

As for the other stuff - let us all unwind and chill out a bit. Plenty of time for the vitriol when the new season starts!!

Scally bashing is still fair game though. Harry doesn't like it, though. duel

Emily, I'm not here to get into an argument. I live in Lancaster. I got to as many games as I could this year, home and away.

Er ... and I don't have a bike, that's UU's joke.

I know Keith pretty well, I have been to matches with him and Lorraine, his partner. He's a nice guy and has been really helpful to people on here and on the other forum. But I am not Keith and he doesn't need me as a helper!

I think it's up to each individual to decide whether they feel that bridges are being built or not - that's a perception thing, and my perception, the way I feel, is that things are going the right way. You obviously feel differently. No worries.

Sal

I really think the point is being missed here. This section of the forum is 'supposed' to be for Fleet related issues. There are plenty of other places where pointless threads can be posted. Am sure that we have all contributed to them. Lets move this to its rightful place, those who want to post on it still can, those who think it has nothing to do with EUFC will be happy.

Everyone's a winner...

Originally Posted By: Hannah
This thread was never going anywhere Darter. And you say to ignore it, well I don't know if you have noticed but the majority of regular Fleet posters have ignored this thread because it is so irrelevant. Not the best way to get into the fold is it? You may be having so much fun posting on this thread but in reality you are no closer to building bridges with the exisiting fan base of this club than when you signed up.

CLASSIC! There is a person claiming to be a majority of posters, and posting!
I have, and always will be against curtailing freedom of speech, but if I wanted to have a thread closed for being off topic, The Pat Gradley thread would be the first...............It went off topic the second Pat Gradley was no longer mentioned.........About post two I believe!
If you don't like this thread, don't read it and don't post!
That ought to get the haters posting and push us past their little thread! evil