Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Building bridges

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
Tbh, apart from a few insults flying amongst us, which will never do any short or long term harm, the Fleet forum is pretty much united, especially amonst those generally against parts of the MYFC concept.
I haven't seen the MYFC forum, but from reports it is an awful place to be.
What else do we have to talk about with so little Fleet news?
There are are ourselves, and MYFC, and since they arevery private about letting us mere mortals what is going on, we have only ourselves to talk to and about.

But you know the old adage as well as I do, keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer. That how you find things out, not by alienating them.

AT the moment, the MyFC forum has these 3 threads being discussed most recently:

The playing budget for next season

The MyFC Voting Committee

The Football Festival weekend planned for 12/13 July at Stonebridge Road

It is getting very earnest on there, but not particularly unpleasant. There is a lot of talk about internal governance issues, like the Voting Committee.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut

But you know the old adage as well as I do, keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer. That how you find things out, not by alienating them.

spot on busta...,there is a distinct difference between MyFc and the people within it....MyFc is an entity created by people for a singular purpose...to buy a football club..they succeeded and bought fleet...thats it...end of... and it won't change unless they fck it up which will probably put fleet back in the rymans leagues...

the MyFcers are people of varied nationalities.. persuasions and character... some are decent folk...some are strange but harmless..some are self serving for personal glory (which you will always find in an organisation like that) and many are just plain fckn gormless as is the internet twighlight worlds want..

I am a member of MyFc for information purposes and to learn whats hapening..I am involved in NL football and the MyFc concept is an important issue for the future of NL football...along the way I shall take as I find and make a few friends amongst the members there...I shall take them on face value and treat those that deserve respect with respect...fools I shall ignore which is why I do not post on there and believe you me I am tempted at times..grin

harry is a MyFc member and he uses their forums...mostly he is ignored on there as his posts are transparently barbed and of a bullying aggressive nature and his presence there IMO does not help the future prospects of the unholy alliance working...for everyone's sake who cares about fleet and NL in general...it has to work...all parties have to be together..

and gaz you are correct..a few silly insults should never be taken seriously on these forums...

As I have said before, Karl, I not not totally behind the concept, just elements of it. I had shares in British Gas - but I didn't want to or expect to change the way in which it was run. MYFC should be the same. 30,000 extra shareholders all getting the rewards for their

my views on MyFc are already well aired gaz and I do not need to reiterate them....its a terrible concept... but the trouble is that its also now a real concept in practice and you just have to get on with it and make it work....

there is no other way I'm afraid..

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
my views on MyFc are already well aired gaz and I do not need to reiterate them....its a terrible concept... but the trouble is that its also now a real concept in practice and you just have to get on with it and make it work....

I think the big test will come, when the major renewal date is reached..a lot of people joined MyFc when they declared an interest in EUFC (Dec 07 ?)
Will they stay, or be bored by then ???

Originally Posted By: Greg_Dyke
Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin

I think the big test will come, when the major renewal date is reached..a lot of people joined MyFc when they declared an interest in EUFC (Dec 07 ?)
Will they stay, or be bored by then ???

What you say will play a big part, but also our leauge standing at that date to. If we are In the top six, people will want to be part of it, middle to bottom, they could well desert.

Originally Posted By: BustaGut
If we are In the top six, people will want to be part of it, middle to bottom, they could well desert.

there's a bit more to it than that busta..this is a post I picked at random from the cesspit and believe you me there are farsons of 'em....

The PTT issue is one that really annoys me. It was pretty much the sole reason I signed up.
Do I think I could do a better job than Liam?
No, most likely not, but that isn't the point.
This was meant to be an experiment and the experiment, at this point, is looking doomed to failure. We were supposed to be running a football club and are doing nothing of the sort.
I won't be renewing next year and unless the fleet have a good season then I fear things could come toppling down. I hope I'm wrong.

and therein lies the problem...the whole concept was built on sand own the club pick the team.....PTT has to go ...

• 4 weeks later...