Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results - 31st August

bomaya

Originally Posted By: wimb02
RPV 0 - 3 CHERTSEY

EASY GAME FOR CHERTSEY WHO CONTROLLED THE GAME FROM START TO FINISH.

100% correct. I made the the trip to "The Mecca of Football" Grand Drive on Monday morning and Chertsey seemed to not even get out of 1st gear. They forced no less than 11 corners in the 1st 20 minutes alone and the first goal was a great team goal, finishing with Steve Goddard crossing for Kevin Lock to score a great header.

2nd half, Chertsey continued to control and Raynes Park had there 1st and only shot at goal on the hour, Chertsey then wrapped up the game with a Goddard scoring a header from a corner.
In the muggy humid conditions, Chertsey passed the ball round and saw the game up and John Pomroy made it 10 goals in 7 games for the season with an excellent Volley into the top corner with 5 minutes to go, to complete the win.

Must say I was very impressed with Chertsey's midfield on Monday, Gavin Bamford and young 16 year old Andy Crossley, ran the game, and add to that the addition of Matt Francis from Merstham, they look strong canditates as previous stated on this site.

Sandhurst are proving to be the surprise package, anyone seen them play? Thoughts on there impressive start? Will it continue.

After seeing Camberley against Banstead on Saturday, and being un-impressed i must say. Give them there due, 5 wins from 5, you really can't ask for more. But they just don't seem the same side as last year.

Originally Posted By: Walter Willis
RPV 0 - 3 CHERTSEY

100% correct. I made the the trip to "The Mecca of Football" Grand Drive on Monday morning and Chertsey seemed to not even get out of 1st gear. They forced no less than 11 corners in the 1st 20 minutes alone and the first goal was a great team goal, finishing with Steve Goddard crossing for Kevin Lock to score a great header. /quote]

Hmmmm I thought he was suspended from the 31st Aug to 4th October according to the Football Mitoo site !!!!!

Might be out of date or appealing of course wink

Missed you to Kroons you old bullfrog,now then INKY its your problem if you didn't hear what was coming from BL bench regarding our facilities,all I will say is it is embarrassing to your club if your management team somehow seem to think that Cherrywood Rd is your ground,lets just hope that nothing goes wrong at Farnboro and you are allowed to share as long as it suits you.

RPV 0 - 3 CHERTSEY

100% correct. I made the the trip to "The Mecca of Football" Grand Drive on Monday morning and Chertsey seemed to not even get out of 1st gear. They forced no less than 11 corners in the 1st 20 minutes alone and the first goal was a great team goal, finishing with Steve Goddard crossing for Kevin Lock to score a great header.

2nd half, Chertsey continued to control and Raynes Park had there 1st and only shot at goal on the hour, Chertsey then wrapped up the game with a Goddard scoring a header from a corner.
In the muggy humid conditions, Chertsey passed the ball round and saw the game up and John Pomroy made it 10 goals in 7 games for the season with an excellent Volley into the top corner with 5 minutes to go, to complete the win.

Must say I was very impressed with Chertsey's midfield on Monday, Gavin Bamford and young 16 year old Andy Crossley, ran the game, and add to that the addition of Matt Francis from Merstham, they look strong canditates as previous stated on this site.

Sandhurst are proving to be the surprise package, anyone seen them play? Thoughts on there impressive start? Will it continue.

After seeing Camberley against Banstead on Saturday, and being un-impressed i must say. Give them there due, 5 wins from 5, you really can't ask for more. But they just don't seem the same side as last year.

WAS AWAY WITH FAMILY UNFORTUNATELY THIS BANK HOLIDAY SO MISSED SATURDAY AND MONDAY GAMES, BUT NOW ON TRACK FOR THIS WEEKEND.

SO WW CHERTSEY ARE LOOKING GOOD ? I'VE SEEN THIS SAID BEFORE ON PREVIOUS SUBJECTS BY OUR FRIENDS SO ASSUME THEY LOOK FAVOURITES THIS TIME ROUND. WHEN I LAST SAW THEM, I LIKED THEIR STRIKE FORCE
SO WALTER WITH ONLY 4 CCL GAMES THIS WEEKEND, THE BEST AND MOST INTERESTING FIXTURE I THINK SEE'S THE CHERTSEY BOYS AWAY AT MOLESEY WILL YOU BE GOING? I SEE MOLESEY COULD ONLY DRAW AGAINST BOTTOM TEAM BANSTEAD. WHAT WAS THE GAME LIKE ELF-MOLE WHO DESERVED TO WIN? IT DOES LOOK AS THOUGH BANSTEAD HAVE NEW PLAYERS NOW AND AFTER ALMOST SECURING A DRAW AGAINST CAMBERLEY BAR A LATE BARNARD GOAL, THEY LOOK AS IF THEY ARE GETTING THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

OTHER GAMES ARE BOOKHAM v BANSTEAD, EPSOM v HANWORTH VILLA AND NGU v CROYDON WHICH DOESN'T HAVE THE APPETITE OF MOLESEY AGAINST CHERTSEY. SO ELF MOLE I WILL BE THERE SATURDAY IN ALL EARNEST, HOPE ITS A GOOD GAME. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR CHANCES AFTER A GOOD WIN AT ANDOVER I SEE IN THE FA CUP ?

P W D L F A Pts GD

Sandhurst Town 5 5 0 0 17 2 15 15

Camberley Town 5 5 0 0 17 4 15 13

North Greenford United 6 4 2 0 20 6 14 14

Chertsey Town 5 4 1 0 15 3 13 12

Epsom & Ewell 5 4 1 0 10 2 13 8

Cove 4 3 0 1 7 5 9 2

Chessington & Hook United 5 3 0 2 9 10 9 -1

Bedfont 4 2 2 0 11 6 8 5

Badshot Lea 5 2 1 2 11 9 7 2

Ash United 5 2 1 2 7 6 7 1

Wembley 5 2 0 3 5 8 6 -3

Guildford City 5 2 0 3 4 8 6 -4

Horley Town 3 1 2 0 8 4 5 4

Egham Town 4 1 1 2 6 7 4 -1

Hanworth Villa 7 1 1 5 5 15 4 -10

Raynes Park Vale 4 1 0 3 4 8 3 -4

Croydon 5 0 3 2 8 13 3 -5

Molesey 4 0 2 2 2 9 2 -7

Colliers Wood United 4 0 1 3 4 11 1 -7

Dorking 4 0 1 3 4 12 1 -8

Banstead Athletic 5 0 1 4 2 15 1 -13

Bookham 5 0 0 5 3 16 0 -13

RPV 0 - 3 CHERTSEY

Guess it depends on when you see teams in this league, have seen a number of sides now and not one has looked good on both occasions. Watched Cambo v Ash and have to say they looked very good 2nd half against a useful Ash side. Seem pretty much same side as last year minus Stone who is at Chertsey and Johnson who Im not sure where he is?? And they seem to have replaced them with better. The keeper Gray was superb making 3 amazing saves and on that showing looks miles ahead of anyone in the league. And a winger Green who was impressive too, they also had Amara from Colliers Wood who seems to be scoring goals. Speaking to couple of supporters by tea bar they are still without Sills, Finnieston and Cornell who are all injured so would imagine them to be on Chertsey and North Greenfords tails.

Still yet to see Sandhurst, but hoping to get there Saturday to watch them in Vase.

From what I have seen in my opinion it will be between Chertsey, North Greenford and Camberley. Can see them 3 pulling clear by end of October.

Frimley 0 Hartley 2

Solid win for us in what was probably our toughest game so far. Was scrappy from start to finish on an awful pitch but after the second goal on 50 mins the game was over and some of the Frimley players lost their heads and all they wanted to do was kick us, blatently at times right in front of the ref off the ball they would kick out at us as we were running past but the ref never took control and let them carry on. One quote from one player "ill take a red card just to DO you".

Frimly will beat teams above them with their work rate and physical nature of their play but not alot of quality coming from them.

Very haappy with the 3 points

Cousldon next sat!!

hi brunty, i watched the game and thought apart from the 2 sloppy goals it was pretty even, as for playing football i think any side might struggle to play on the frimley pitch(no different from the last 20years then lol)as for quaility both sides lacked that on the day