Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tue 27th Games

Dorking FV v Leatherhead FC - The Dorking/Leatherhead Advertiser Trophy @ Meadowbank: 7:45

The worst Dorking side you've ever seen 1-1 Strong Leatherhead side. Tanners win Advertiser Trophy 4-1 on pens.

Tanners deservedly levelled in the 90th minute with Chicks being under the cosh for a lot of the second half, Chicks having taken the lead on 33 minutes.

Have to say, much better Chicks performance than I dared hope. It looked a strong Leatherhead side and whilst Dorking had to defend for long periods I thought overall it was quite encouraging. Keeper looked good (took a nice pen too!). Only one game I know, but if they show that spirit & endeavour against the lesser Prem sides then who knows. Completely different to the relative shambles of the last league game. Decent turn out too of 120 or so at a guess.

Knaphill 5 Met Police XI 4

Entertaining game and good work for all - Good to see Steve Flinn again, ex Knapper now player manager for the Met Police Reserves

Next up Newport Isle Of Wight.....Away!

Chertsey Town 3 v Ashford Town 2

Good game at Alwyns lane tonight and great to see Pearcey again. Might be a bit biased but I reckon Chertsey were quite easily the better team, looked really good in patches moving the ball around. Tom O' Reagan is different gravy and Jack Francis at centre back looks solid as a rock.

Look forward to hampton and Richmond on Thursday night then Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday

Ctfc boy,I thought the 1st half was slow,2 of your goals were deflections the other was a pen(a very good smash),tom o'reagen is a fantastic player and spencer has done the right thing in tieing him into a contract.but I thought you lacked penatration when he left the field.

Jack Francis played well,Bradshaw kicked well but wasn't loud enough,we had 3 youth team players playingand couple of trialists playing,I wonder if Baxter played if you might have delivered more in the box????

But goals win games and you got more than us and that's what counts! Good luck to you this season,and thankyou to the fans who were welcoming.

Ctfc boy,I thought the 1st half was slow,2 of your goals were deflections the other was a pen(a very good smash),tom o'reagen is a fantastic player and spencer has done the right thing in tieing him into a contract.but I thought you lacked penatration when he left the field.

Jack Francis played well,Bradshaw kicked well but wasn't loud enough,we had 3 youth team players playingand couple of trialists playing,I wonder if Baxter played if you might have delivered more in the box????

But goals win games and you got more than us and that's what counts! Good luck to you this season,and thankyou to the fans who were welcoming.

Pearcey, good response, I thought Chertsey were better in the first half than the second! If you talk about quality of goals your first was a poor connection that somehow went in and second was a pen. Definitely thought we looked lively up top so interesting to hear you thought we lacked something. Papali is really starting to look like a goalscorer and we have some good young boys coming through too. You will always be welcome wih us and shame Spencer and you couldnt agree on a deal, I reckon you might just have been the last piece of the jigsaw......

Best of luck to you and Ashford this season

Who scored your goals TC? I went along to watch Cove, they were winning 2 1 against a Leatherhead side when I left, Cove looked very good going forward new striker looked very good young keeper looks good but could have his workload doubled against a better side,I understand from what Koo tells me that they were missing a couple of players on this performance I would say Cove will do ok.

Chertsey 3 - 2 Ashford Town

Tend to agree with both Pearcey and CTFC Boy about the game. Although i felt Chertsey could have scored more. One chance that springs to mind was when Dean Papali was clear through on goal and the referee called it back for a free kick to Chertsey about 5 phases back in the move, where's the advantage????

Back to the game, don't agree with Pearcey that the first goal was a deflection more like a great finish from Papali, who might i add has scored in every pre-season game, can only be good for his confidence.

Chertsey looked very good for the last 20 mins of the first half and created numerous chances and looked very lively. Tom O'Regan again was the stand out player as Pearcey and CTFC Boy mentioned, he was un playable in parts of the game and I can't wait to see him play in the new season. Spencer can you confirm he has signed a contract? As we are very lucky to have him.

2nd half Chertsey completely changed the back four, which saw us struggle for 10-15 minutes, however i felt we shaded the game throughout and as i started i believe we should have had more. Looking forward to seeing Dean Inman and Tarpey back tomorrow night for Hampton. Two great loan players for us last year.

Lastly, although players said it still had a few weeds on (which are apparently being grown out), Chertsey's pitch looked the best ive seen it for 15 years. Well done the club and groundsman.