Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

floodlight failiar again

BBBG

Bet you would like a few more paying customers

Windsor's average gate this season 201. Slough's average gate the season 250. Only 49 more than us on average!

In answer to your question, yes we would like a few more paying customer but it would seem so would Slough. A 250 average is hardly going to warrant a full scale Police presence on match days.

I had to bump my gumbs as you did so about gate numbers again...

What are you talking about? Have you taken over from woody as the village idiot?

Have you not heard of preventive maintenance? It means checking electrical/mechanical equipment at regular intervals to ensure it does not fail. Something

you may wish to consider going forward.

Its called PPM ... Pre planned maintenance and you have hit the nail on the head WR...............

Edited by Weeble

Have you not heard of preventive maintenance? It means checking electrical/mechanical equipment at regular intervals to ensure it does not fail. Something

Its called PPM ... Pre planned maintenance and you have hit the nail on the head WR...............

So because you get [for example] you car serviced regularly that means nothing will ever go wrong with it ?

A brand new generator with a service contract in place suffered a mechanical failure, just how exactly do you prevent that?

How about a pre-service service and a post-service service and then there's the interim service that comes before/after the pre/post-service service or maybe even have an engineer on permanent duty stationed at the club! Or you could actually get real and accept that s**t happens !

Edited by Windsor_Sec

So because you get [for example] you car serviced regularly that means nothing will ever go wrong with it ?

A brand new generator with a service contract in place suffered a mechanical failure, just how exactly do you prevent that?

How about a pre-service service and a post-service service and then there's the interim service that comes before/after the pre/post-service service or maybe even have an engineer on permanent duty stationed at the club! Or you could actually get real and accept that s**t happens !

It all depends on the level of service agreement you have paid for.....1 star or 5.......

Just to get things right:-

PPM stands for Planned or Proactive Preventative Maintenance, and is part of the Lean manufacturing concept developed by the likes of Toyota, Honda etc. - it greatly reduces the likelyness of things going wrong and picks up on faults early through the use of condition monitoring techniques and structured daily checks at begining and end of shits - even brand new units need time to "bed in" and will need monitoring - thats why you have a basic service on your car after the first few thousand miles.

Silly question, but you have put anti-freeze in the radiator considering the time of year? If not the unit will run for a period of time and then overheat, causing the thermal cutout to trip.

structured daily checks at begining and end of shits

Yes Staines, it is always better to check before and after 'shits', wouldn't want any surprises before dropping a load and wouldn't want to walk away without a proper clean!!

Silly question, but you have put anti-freeze in the radiator considering the time of year? If not the unit will run for a period of time and then overheat, causing the thermal cutout to trip.

Not a silly question but not the problem. The issue has been traced to a problem with the filters which have now been removed and will be replaced.

With all things of this nature that you buy, you expect them to give you a decent amount of usage before something goes wrong.

Just to get things right:-

PPM stands for Planned or Proactive Preventative Maintenance, and is part of the Lean manufacturing concept developed by the likes of Toyota, Honda etc. - it greatly reduces the likelyness of things going wrong and picks up on faults early through the use of condition monitoring techniques and structured daily checks at begining and end of shits - even brand new units need time to "bed in" and will need monitoring - thats why you have a basic service on your car after the first few thousand miles.

I suppose you have been to unipart also it is nice to see someone else who understands Lean and its tools............................

What was one of the main reason's Slough got thrown out of the conference? Not enough seats, 40 odd short wasn't it, perhaps the 'Planned or Proactive Preventative Maintenance' concept would have useful then when looking at ground grading requirements those years back. Maybe the 'Planned or Proactive Preventative Maintenance' concept would have been useful again last summer when you had to cancel your friendly against Crystal Palace at the last minute. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it!

Lads, Lads! Can we have a little more decorum here. Tit-for-Tat can be humorous - and frequently is on this Forum - but we are working hard to eradicate the Tat. As for the Tit element : never have so many written so much so negatively for so little (with apologies to Mr Churchill). Sometimes one suffers a lot of pain to achieve some gain, and we hopefully learn from mistakes. If the (flood)light at the end of the (players)tunnel is to shine a lot brighter, then we know what we are working towards and shall reap the rewards.

There is a Cunning Plan!

Victor Ree

Head of Cliches & Metaphors

Good results for both teams in the 2nd round of the league cup, so does anybody have any idea of the draw for the next round and presumably the league are still zoning the rounds?

And If any Slough boys want to attend the game on the 30th I am sure they will be most welcome (as long as the floodlights stay lit and we can see each other). Salisbury and Truro that week should be interesting tests to see how much we have improved over last season........

Good results for both teams in the 2nd round of the league cup, so does anybody have any idea of the draw for the next round and presumably the league are still zoning the rounds?

And If any Slough boys want to attend the game on the 30th I am sure they will be most welcome (as long as the floodlights stay lit and we can see each other). Salisbury and Truro that week should be interesting tests to see how much we have improved over last season........

There are some real idiots getting on here from Slough,but anyway our next three games are Chesham/Salisbury/Truro and yours are Barton Rovers/beaconsfield and Uxbridge,as you say it might seem farsical but the reason the lights failed was the extra power demand from our team,as has been mentioned before they are providing a shining example in dark times,banter is banter but you take it too far,there is alot of time and much effort going on behind the scenes and as yet the future rewards will take time,but as i mentioned if the flights do fail again i am sure the team could light up the stadium as they have done almost every week,having been given the title of relegation favourites in August,while i don't want to harp on what division are you in and when will that stadium ever get built,see we can all point the finger but maybe as supporters of non league teams we should show more friendship (NON LEAGUE FAMILY)

"There are some real idiots getting on here from Slough,but anyway our next three games are Chesham/Salisbury/Truro and yours are Barton Rovers/beaconsfield and Uxbridge,as you say it might seem farsical but the reason the lights failed was the extra power demand from our team,as has been mentioned before they are providing a shining example in dark times,banter is banter but you take it too far,there is alot of time and much effort going on behind the scenes and as yet the future rewards will take time,but as i mentioned if the flights do fail again i am sure the team could light up the stadium as they have done almost every week,having been given the title of relegation favourites in August,while i don't want to harp on what division are you in and when will that stadium ever get built,see we can all point the finger but maybe as supporters of non league teams we should show more friendship (NON LEAGUE FAMILY)

"

Deary me......some people do get quite sensitive. Just to enlighten people on here, I have been supporting W&E since about 1964 but happen to look at things objectively hence having a balanced view about our club and our friends across the river. Now then, back to my earlier question, does anyone know the draw for the next round of the league cup?

I suggest we go back to the original reason for the floodlight issue : two massive corporations failed to get their collective knowledge, professionalism, skills, experience and responsibilities together correctly. Between them, O2 and Scottish & Southern Energy managed to avoid installing their own power line to the O2 telecom mast and took the quick route via our power supply. Their expertise should have told them there was insufficient supply to power our site and their mast. How could they have got that so wrong? Why did they go ahead ? Did they not appreciate what would happen? You expect projects like that to be managed by professionals with a corporate image to protect - nay, enhance - so all the ire should be aimed at them.

How can a club run, in the main, by volunteer effort possibly combat the might of corporations like them? I suggest a campaign in the local press to embarrass them into putting the problem right. Given O2's HQ is on the Bath Road in Slough, perhaps we should be inviting them down as guests at a match, highlight their magnificent mast, and ask them to ceremoniously start the generator before the match? Afterwards we should offer them some Humble Pie (the meal, not the band) cooked over an open fire (the power being insufficient to light the oven) by Mr Du-Feu, all washed down with a glass of mulled wine (so they can mull over their predicament). Perhaps we could ask T-Mobile, Vodaphone and Orange to jointly sponsor the match and have their banners all over the place?

Let's get the originators of the problem clearly in our sights and go at them!

Just a thought.............

:492: