Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Urchins v Harrow Borough - Match Report

Serious Sid

Sorry but i usually take daggers report with a pinch of salt but to moan about the drum,when trying to recreate an atmosphere is ridiculous.

Probably shouldnt bother making noise and getting behind the team.

We may as well just stay at home and let those old farts who have hearing problems support the club

Edited by Eastside Urchin

Sorry but i usually take daggers report with a pinch of salt but to moan about the drum,when trying to recreate an atmosphere is ridiculous.

Probably shouldnt bother making noise and getting behind the team.

We may as well just stay at home and let those old farts who have hearing problems support the club

Thought they were going to be on here ;)

Anyway I know drums can be annoying to older folks, but surely it is the younger people that we need to attract into the ground.

I would much rather hear a drum than constant swearing and abuse being thrown at officials.

Many clubs and leagues are run by older folks who have had their glory days playing the game (no offense meant to anyone). Times change and we need to embrace what is good in this decade and support our clubs - whatever their status in the pyramid.

A club up north that I used to frequent every now and then had a trumpet player, (or was it a cornet) and that was always popular. I say more instruments the better. Encourage not discourage.

AFC Sudbury used to have tremendous support a few years ago (and maybe still have). They had dozens of fans blowing air horns throughout the game to spur on their team. I stood in their ranks for a couple of games (still have an air horn) and the atmosphere generated was superb. Don't tar all members of the 'Saga' Club with the same brush grin.gif

While I am sure everyone appreciates dagsy doing the reports,there have been a couple of reports recently which seem to be having a dig at our own fans,obviously the one from last night has now been changed but the eastside has always been the noisy part of the ground and long may it continue,drums and other things just add to the noise.Obviously it's not to everyones liking and I accept that but if it really does bother anyone then the riverside seats are just as comfortable,there is nothing stipulating that the person who writes the match report should sit in the directors box after all.I do however think that when we are shooting towards the windmill end that maybe we could move down a bit to the middle towards the goal giving some restbite to those who don't want to hear the noise.Also in another report for a capital league game recently certain fans including myself were criticised for playing darts while the game was on,those playing darts were mainly players in the darts team who were practicing but still paid to get in the ground and bought drinks,valuable revenue for the club.At a time when we are struggling to get fans into the club j fail to see how it can help by criticising the small minority that turn up at such games.

With regards to the noise,football throughout the world has co existed with fans who create all sort of atmospheres at games,we criticise those and it won't be 147 coming through the turnstiles but 47

Sorry couldn't make Tuesday as in North Shields to visit family but well done on the night. Disappointed to see such a low gate.

See you on the island tomorrow