Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dewani.....guilty or innocent

Personally I don't think Dewani will fly off into the sunset on 7 April, my guess is something will happen between now and then to prevent his unfair extradition

Personally I don't think Dewani will fly off into the sunset on 7 April, my guess is something will happen between now and then to prevent his unfair extradition

Well the good news is that your prediction was wrong Rhodesly. We won't ask your tips for the World Cup this summer will we?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26931880

Good news indeed !!

Why's that exactly, Dewani is clearly a very ill man and the 'kangaroo' extradition could well tip him over the precipice

Obviously, the medical staff in Britain deemed him fit and sane enough to be extradited.

Do I feel a claim of breach of human rights coming on ??

If I had arranged for my wife to be murdered and then got found out then I would probably play the 'I'm too ill to travel' card.

There's an awful lot of evidence there and he needed to be extradited.

If he is innocent, then I'm sure he will walk free after the court case.

It's a high profile case and I'm sure the South African authorities will conduct themselves properly as they will be in the spotlight.

Obviously, the medical staff in Britain deemed him fit and sane enough to be extradited.

Yes but we know what our own medical assessment 'experts' can be like don't we from a number of past experiences when people have died as a result of their advice

• 3 weeks later...

The trouble with his extradition is that Dewani is now likely to stand trial in a kangaroo Court, he is currently being assessed at the Valkenberg psychiatric hospital in Cape Town so lets hope that the poor guy is confirmed as mentally ill as if he is not deemed fit to stand trial within 18 months of his arrival he will be returned to the UK:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2598690/We-one-step-closer-justice-Brother-honeymoon-murder-victim-Anni-Dewani-speaks-familys-hope-husband-prepared-extradition-South-Africa.html

• 3 months later...

And the good news is that the doctors have seen through Mr Dewani's little ruse and found him... fit to stand trial, this will be in October. Let's hope his innocent wife's family will finally get justice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28801378

Loosely - Why on earth would Dewani go to those complicated and risky lengths to get his wife killed, if he really wanted to he could have waited until they returned from honeymoon in South Africa and hired a hit man over here from the St Pauls area of Bristol for example, money is no object to him so about 20 or 30k would have done a professional job 'with no questions asked'.

I think it was clear that their marriage was going to fail (Phone calls made by Anni just before she was murdered made it clear that it was immediately on the rocks) 

Anni, once back in England would have automatically walked away and filed for divorce.

Any 'accident' at that point would have immediately looked suspicious.

Much better to have a tragic accident for a couple of loving newlyweds than one with an estranged, divorcing couple over here.

There's an awful lot of evidence against him, a trial is required.

I believe that his lawyer is not going to contest the decision.

Such a waste of a life.

As you say cup of tea, a lot of evidence. I don't know about others but since his own defence are not going to contest any further and in fact have said that they AGREE with the three psychiatrists opinions you have to wonder what his play acting was all about, what was it going to achieve. At least he's going to get a fair trial and not just taken out to some shanty town and have a bullet in his neck. Bit of a contrast to St Louis.

At least he's going to get a fair trial

Is he though, I'm not so sure as some minds already appear to be made up

And the good news is that the doctors have seen through Mr Dewani's little ruse and found him... fit to stand trial, this will be in October. Let's hope his innocent wife's family will finally get justice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28801378

Lets  hope Amanda Knox also receives justice, and spend a very long time in an Italian jail.

Edited by missunderstood

Lets  hope Amanda Knox also receives justice, and spend a very long time in an Italian jail.

In actual fact while we'd all like to see her do the time if the yanks were irresponsible and did not keep to their part of the extradition agreement it will at least be satisfying to know that Knox will be denied the freedom all these yanks like to enjoy and she will be their problem, she is just another junkie problem kid who is just as likely to do something else, and we're safe knowing they deserve her.

I could be wrong, but this smacks of some sort of 'Honour Killing', which may well mean that his family could be implicated as well.