Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So Guernsey have won CCL1, who's coming 2nd and 3rd?

bomaya

tiggger says: guensey what ever the conditions are,are gona win this league.i think bedfont will end 2nd because there a strong organised unit. i can see hartley/spelthorne/eversley/lammas/warlingham scrapping for 3rd. spelthorne have gotta be considered wiv the return of key players and are now finding there feet in the league.

my order:

guernsey

bedfont

spelthorne

hartley

warlingham

eversley

lammas

Shame is Tigger if you finish top 3 you won't be eligible for promotion

yeah thats right mate, its a shame because iv watched alot of spelthorne football this year and there as good as anyone in this league

tigger is an avid follower i reckon

I think Tigger used to manage Spelthorne...........well ?

no i never used to manage spelly, there just my local side and love watching them play. with the lights,im not sure but they have already bought the floodlights so cant imagine permission being a problem

Can I throw another spanner in the promotion / relegation / end of season reshuffle lark?

Rayners Lane enquired about switching to the CCL last season but they didn't follow it up.

They've now got lights and are top of the Hellenic Div 1 East. If they apply to switch across at the end of this season and are given the nod by the FA they would go straight into the Premier Division if they finish in the top two this season (I think it's only two that can go up from each of the Hellenic Division 1's). Will that mean another club not being able to go up from our Division 1?

The chances of three being relegated from the Premier Division look high this season.

And then we've got Epsom Athletic looking good for promotion from the Surrey Elite. I doubt Weston Green Sports would consider it as they'd have too much to do to get their ground up to standard. Probably won't be allowed anyway. I'm keeping an eye on Abbey Rangers as well. They're flying through the leagues but I don't know what their ground's like.

These promotion and relegation topics are like the build up to Christmas. They seem to happen earlier and earlier every year.

I'm still trying to get my head round who goes where when promoted/relegated. This is not me thinking GFC have two promotions sewn up, but trying to expand my knowledge of the pyramid system now that my island is part of it.

CCL 1 is level 10 of the English football system - http://en.wikipedia....l_league_system

There's also the term 'steps' in the National League System. CCL 1 is a step 6 division. The system goes from step 1 to step 7. http://en.wikipedia....l_League_System It's almost identical to levels 5-11 of the whole system but there are some level 11 divisions that aren't step 7 and some step 7 divisions that aren't level 11. Confused? Good!

The FA decide which leagues teams get promoted and relegated to from step 5 upwards these days. In the past the CCL was a feeder to the Ryman (Isthmian) League. Now clubs go into either the Ryman or Evo-Stik (Southern) leagues depending on geography.

Edited by VPCTFC

i played rayners lane last season in a cup for bedfont ressies an it was there first team we lost 3-1 but only because we had 10 men through injuries i said on another thread theyd struggle in our leaguie

I was at finchampstead fc for a number of years on the committee before I went to eversley and agree division 1 is far better in CC in my opintion . The prem is not a bad league they are some very good sides in there that would do well in our prem .also Epsom A were in surrey elite when we won it 3 years back . Back then they were and ok side and gave us some close games but not sure how far they come since.

tigger is an avid follower i reckon

I think Tigger used to manage Spelthorne...........well ?

no i never used to manage spelly, there just my local side and love watching them play. with the lights,im not sure but they have already bought the floodlights so cant imagine permission being a problem

Tiggers, didn't Spelthorne buy Staines FC old lights ?

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the top sides won today except Wars crashing to Guernsey and Spelthorne Sports leapfrogging Eversley to go fifth.

Hartley Wintney still unbeaten and would be second if they won their games in hand.

They travel to Fortress Footes Lane next though ;)

Guernsey will smash Hartley.

Don't want to poor cold water, BUT...................

I only live a few miles from Gatwick, and we have now been fog bound for 24 hours.