Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ground Grading

Ace1

have guildford got the required grading? and how are others getting on.

TF their grading seems fine now, but there seems to be a question over their lease at The Spectrum which may cause them a problem for promotion ?

So could this mean 2 successive promotion failures due to technicalities.........interesting ?

Windsor are still praying ....... ;) !!!

Edited by NICE GUY

come on CC rumours are for the summer. spread the news

Very sunny here! :D

I am sure the club will let us know officially shortly.

The Ryman League are introducing new rules on groundshares. Essentially, they don't want feeder league clubs using a Ryman ground to facilitate promotion when they have their own ground elsewhere which simply is not up to scratch. They have incorporated a new clause saying that, if the feeder league club cannot improve their ground due to planning restrictions, then the groundshare may, subject to Ryman League approval, go ahead. This safeguards Warlingham's position at Church Road (were Whyteleafe to stay up!)

The Ryman League are introducing new rules on groundshares. Essentially, they don't want feeder league clubs using a Ryman ground to facilitate promotion when they have their own ground elsewhere which simply is not up to scratch. They have incorporated a new clause saying that, if the feeder league club cannot improve their ground due to planning restrictions, then the groundshare may, subject to Ryman League approval, go ahead. This safeguards Warlingham's position at Church Road (were Whyteleafe to stay up!)

Could be an issue with Badshot Lea if there are hitches with their new ground purchase?

Wonder if Southern League will follow suit?

Has anything progressed with Guildford City's own ground at Slyfield? We have been doing some training at the Surrey Sports Park by the Royal Surrey Hospital, great facilities, and the old changing rooms and bar there are not in use.

Guildford City would do much worse than take that over if they could find investment. There is a fair bit of work required but the pitches already there are great and I am sure they could do a deal a with the university (to run the bar and a reserve side perhaps) that would help pay for things and bring players through. There still seems a lot of room up their for more exspantion as well.

Has anything progressed with Guildford City's own ground at Slyfield? We have been doing some training at the Surrey Sports Park by the Royal Surrey Hospital, great facilities, and the old changing rooms and bar there are not in use.

Guildford City would do much worse than take that over if they could find investment. There is a fair bit of work required but the pitches already there are great and I am sure they could do a deal a with the university (to run the bar and a reserve side perhaps) that would help pay for things and bring players through. There still seems a lot of room up their for more exspantion as well.

Guildford borough council will not be including Guildford city fc in their plans for the slyfield regeneration project for reasons i dont know ,youll have to ask a club official about that ,but its a shame because city plans were not just for the football club ,two more local sporting clubs were to be included aswell ,as for the surrey sports park( inwhich i only live ten minutes walk away from )this idea has been discused before but i dont know the out come ,city played one of their pre season friendly matches next to the old social club you mentioned and back then we thought it would be a great site for a new ground ,but i believe the uni have re development plans for that site ,but your right there is a lot of room up there for exspantion so one lives in hope