Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So what do you do....

Wattsy

What's a close-season ? Oh, it's that mysterious time of the year when grounds get tidied up, painted, etc, and the pitch gets renovated and treated with some TLC, reams of paperwork from leagues, the FA & county FA's gets attended to and pre-season friendlies get arranged all so you have a team to support or play for in the following season !

So if you happen to pass a non-league ground during the break and se a couple of little people rushing round like blue-arsed flies don't worry too much as it's just the close-season pixies doing all the things that people assume just happen while there's no football going on !

All joking aside though I'm hoping for a quieter close-season than last year as it was non-stop trying to get the new club up and running and you never know I might even find some time to go fishing and if the bites are anything like you get on this forum I should have a very good summer !

Totally agree Windsor Sec..What break....will still try & have a round of golf in between arranging friendlies,getting players signed on & ready for the season, paperwork for next season, getting the ground ready for the forthcoming season, & anything else that needs to be done so the club is ready for the 2012/13 season

Ok, so.....Not been involved in football since the turn of the year so I guess I'm in an extended 'break' away from the game! So made the most of my Newcastle season ticket at long last! Flipping expensive travel, but well worth it again and been enjoying the buzz! Also back into my photography and will be running the Brighton Marathon again this Sunday.

Then have a 3 week holiday to Hawaii, New York and Miami from Tuesday, returning on 5th May and heading straight up to watch us beat Man Citeh and will start my preseason work from then and deciding if my body can handle it anymore at the age of 28 :D

I'll be spending the summer fundraising, to ensure that next year we can afford to pay everyone from the tea lady to Ross Allen, the massive salaries that we have been reported to be paying the team this season. :naaa:

i like to go to barbados for two weeks then i go away with my little girl for a week in spain but with two kids now its getting tougher arent holidays what keep us all sane!! ;)

I was there 2 weeks ago resplendent in my Windsor shirt! Sadly, the pic looks like a hideous attempt at photo-shopping! Do it and do the stadium tour as well. Worth every penny.

do sweet FA, spend money stupidly, waiting for preseason and the next season to start :rolleyes:

Stag do in May, wedding and honeymoon in June.....all perfectly planned so back in time for pre-season!!

Exactly the same as me mate..................although not sure about the pre-season part!! (and before any wise guys mention it......NO we are not marrying each other!!!)

After a few weeks start looking forward to the new season... When do the fixtures come out?

After a few weeks start looking forward to the new season... When do the fixtures come out?

Normally mid July onwards, once the various compositions of Leagues have been finalised

They came out around 21st July last year if that helps at all. Probably too late for our high profile pre season friendly.

Stag do in May, wedding and honeymoon in June.....all perfectly planned so back in time for pre-season!!

Exactly the same as me mate..................although not sure about the pre-season part!! (and before any wise guys mention it......NO we are not marrying each other!!!)

Not Wot I Heard, Ex-Gaffs !!!!!!

:bolt:

:wub:

Edited by Big J R