Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cameron comes under fire!

Smudge - The thing is that if I worked for another Government department, such as DWP, DTI or DEFRA, Loosely would try to find some dirt on them, as I said it's only because I work for the MoD.

The amount of whining on here is reaching epic proportions. I can almost understand when the cockups are of such massive dimensions that they are simply indefensible. 

you must be regulated by the Official Secrets Act,and have to  be careful what you say

Well exactly, Loosely should be fully aware of that

Well exactly, Loosely should be fully aware of that

What on earth are you talking about Rhodesly? Are we supposed not to talk about what must be the biggest drain on our resources and a complete and utter failure of ministry just because you happen to work there? No-one expects a very minor clerk who looks after a discount services website for servicemen and their families to have much of a clue in the first place so don't feel that you have to build your part up. 

Are we supposed not to talk about what must be the biggest drain on our resources and a complete and utter failure of ministry just because you happen to work there?

Well that's exactly my point, like I said before if I happened to work for another Government department, such as DWP, DTI or DEFRA for example, you would try to find some dirt on them and no doubt accuse that department of over spending, it's only because I work for the MoD.

Well that's exactly my point, like I said before if I happened to work for another Government department, such as DWP, DTI or DEFRA for example, you would try to find some dirt on them and no doubt accuse that department of over spending, it's only because I work for the MoD.

Good grief Rhodesly your whining would break windows. When is the last time any other ministry made a cock up of the ordered wrong planes for their carriers dimensions? If you know about it then by all means start your own topic but meanwhile if you can't take the heat the stay out of the kitchen, I can hardly be held accountable for your embarrassment.

Loosely - I’m not sure why you can’t just allow the MoD to get on with what they’re doing. They’re an easy target for the likes of yourself but the department have made giant strides of late and since David Cameron came to power and the current Secretary of State has done a truly amazing job to put right much of the incompetence and harm Labour did, when, for example, getting us embroiled in not one but two avoidable wars costing countless young British lives.

Rhodesly - so you believe a ministry that has lost billions, it's staff can't budget or manage to get projects in on time and leave troops desperate for equipment should get a free ride just because you work there? If you don't like the topic then don't come in, at least save us the job of listening to you whine.

The reason the MoD lost billions was due to Labour's total incompetence and getting us embroiled in not one but two avoidable wars in Iraq and Afghanistan costing the lives of hundreds of our young Service personnel, it is only recently that the Department has somehow managed to get itself back on an even keel thanks to David Cameron and an excellent Defence Minister.

The reason the MoD lost billions was due to Labour's total incompetence and getting us embroiled in not one but two avoidable wars in Iraq and Afghanistan costing the lives of hundreds of our young Service personnel, it is only recently that the Department has somehow managed to get itself back on an even keel thanks to David Cameron and an excellent Defence Minister.

Rhodesly - how curious then that The Financial Times 13th April 2014 has still pronounced the MoD "Procurement Plan to still be an absolute mess".

I rest my case.

Another article claims "MoD urged to get a grip on procurement" 13th May 2014

http://www.publicfinance.co.uk/news/2014/05/mod-urged-to-get-a-grip-on-procurement/

"MoD must ‘get a grip on understanding costs and risks’" May 13th 2014

http://www.supplymanagement.com/news/2014/mod-must-get-a-grip-on-understanding-costs-and-risks

It seems the whole world but for Rhodesly realises that Cameron and his 'Minister' are an absolute shower.

Interesting that one of the links you posted was from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, what do they know. Also the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) Chair Margaret Hodge is notorious for finding fault with absolutely everything, I suppose to be fair that's her job but her comments can be taken with a large pinch of salt. Besides the MoD actually underspent on equipment in the last financial year so what are you actually on about.

Much like your comments then

As usual everyone else is wrong Karen.

Don't worry folks   -   Ukip is on the way !!!

Heaven help us then.

Would UKIP really be that bad, they might be a breath of fresh air

In the ward where I live in 'Leafy Dorking', the Lib-Dem councillor was ousted in favour of Ukip.

Quite an achievment in what is one of the strongest Conservative constituenciesin Britain.

Would UKIP really be that bad, they might be a breath of fresh air

To quote the founder of Ukip "The leader is a dimwitted political failure. The party has become a Frankenstein's monster. All thy are good for is taking public money. If you elect a Ukip MEP, you're going to turn an incompetent charlatan into a millionaire."