Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Urchins v Lowestoft - Match Report is now on our Website

Just a small thing and not being critical but on the match timeline it should show that Tuohy was subbed before the winning goal presumably in the c.115th minute

I shall take that up with Dagsy. All times in the timeline are taken from Dagsy's emailed report.

Just noticed in online Romford recorder article it has sub down as 113 minutes

Bingo! Won't wait for Dagsy's confirmation. I have corrected it now. You may have to hit your browser 'refresh' button to see it.

Edited by Serious Sid

Tuohy was subbed seven mins before the end (ie on 113) - the 123 that I put was a typo - as the match only lasts for 120 mins, it was quite obviously a typo. The match report makes it quite clear that Hunt came on for Tuohy before the second goal.

Trawlerboys site reckons player on the ground when Leon scored had been elbowed. I didn't see that, nor did anybody else on the eastside

Was on their match report, said Adam Smith appeared to have been elbowed etc

Brown paper envelopes charging hands? Or perhaps he said sorry, he hadn't meant it.

Imo the second tackle was an 'orange' (i.e. between a yellow/red) so the ref should at least have just very matter of factly delivered a second yellow followed by a red

Another example of a referee not considering the tackle itself but the situation - a definite yellow at any other time

If the ref didn't want to give a big decision like a sending off in a final then why did he give such a marginal penalty!

Anyway - we are conference south

The ref bottled it. He called the thug over to book him and realised this would be a second yellow and decided to have a strong word instead.

Don't think there's a column for "strong word" in the fair play stats

>>>>Was on their match report, said Adam Smith appeared to have been elbowed etc

You can see what happened by looking at the video of the first goal. There was no elbow. The Lowestoft player fell awkwardly. If anything it was a foul against McKenzie, but the referee and linesman were both very close to where it happened, and the referee correctly allowed play to continue as Hornchuhurch had the advantage, and there was little point in stopping play to award a free kick to Hornchurch.

Have we changed our name again Tony or are you developing a stuttetterq

I like Lowestoft but it appears that by comments from other clubs fans with regards to their players getting other players sent off that this is a problem.There was nothing in that challenge,arms going all over the place but not a chance of the elbow.

Seems to me that their management either need to actually concentrate on football instead of winning games by default or for their club to appoint a management team who can deliver the title which the club,players and their fans probably deserve some time soon