Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Top CCL stiker on the move

duncs

Right, now lets take wind this in a bit shall we

Frimley Green have without a doubt a side good enough to challenge at Premier Level.

But everyone is missing a trick here, and possibly the most important person behind such a squad.

That person is a young lad called Jamie Holman, manager of FC Camberley (sunday side)

2 years ago he created that sunday side and brought all these young lads together.

Without him, Frimley Green as it is now, would not have happened.

A clear indication of how Sunday football can have a direct impact on Saturdays.

I cant believe this, im [****!!****]ing cringing...

World Masters Judo Championships - BRONZE medal

Brussels, Belgium, 28th June 2008

Cove F.C - Southern Combination Cup Winners 08/09

Cove F.C - CCL League Cup Winners 09/10

Sure you haven't missed anything Johnno?

There are players littering the CCL prem and CCL div 1 that have more technical ability and more quality in their wrong foot than you have in your whole body when it comes to football; the fact you have played that "massive" step up proves two things that being a model professional and do gooder and koo's mate can get you that move up to the next league and it proves that pretty much any player in the CCL prem could make the step up aswell; meps could walk into Chertsey's side and not being horrible you wouldnt make our starting line-up and your playing two leagues above....true duncs?! I find it all so funny, "grabbed it with both hands" their is very little between all three leagues and the fact that you play in the higher of the three is testiment to that. Players motives are players motives but to question the striking and goal scoring ability of meps is laughable coming from someone that has very little ability and just tries hard....maybe thats why il never make it to Chertseys Standard; trying to go down the leagues.....any decent teams in the elite need a bad left back?!

Put your Sunday morning winners medals up against my list Ben and we can talk more yeh???

You cant still be sore about not being picked in the starting 11 in that tin pot cup final??? It was Dunc's that actually shot you down when you asked why you werent selected. And I quote Dunc's words, " cos you aint facking good enough".

And just to clear the facts; I left Cove in May 2011 and signed for Chertsey in early July 2011. It was my influence that got Koo to come over to Chertsey. He joined Chertsey in early August. We needed a decent coach who could get the best out of talentless midfielders like me. Maybe YOU should have stuck around a bit longer!!!

Football is my 2nd sport and Ive never proclaimed to have the sort of skills that my team mates possess. I do however have something that you lack.....Hard work, determination, and some boll0x.

Benny Hill....

what's pleasing me is that you have finally found your level and I do hope you get the most out of it while you still can.

one thing i do agree with you on is that there isnt that much in skill level between the lower teams at step 4 and the best teams at step 5 and 6. The only actual difference is the attitude to succeed and to be as professional as possible. None of my boys on Friday night will be smashed out of their face or doped up on Coke!

And will you please leave room for others to suck Meps off?? You're hogging all the fun!

Good chat Ben.

Agreed with most of your posts Benny until that one. Having spent most of my career playing Athenian league and coaching at Ryman League until recently when I started watching CCL football and in the 4 years of watching CCL football there are only a handful of players I have seen that I would take to a step 4 club. Cooper and Gibbs from Guildford, Sills at Camberley and Murray from Greenford are the ones that stick in my mind as the few who would get into a good step 4 side. Players are normally at a level for a reason, Frimley players are at Step 6 as in the main that is how good they are, Simmo has tried at higher level without success, even at Sanfhurst was not a regular when I watched, Mepham for me is one that could play regularly at Step 5, probably not above.

Mark - Tommo there are lots of people who have helped put Frimley Green together, to suggest it is down to the Fc Camberley Manager is wrong.

Sure Jamie has done a good job and yes he has some of our squad playing for him but to suggest that without him Frimley Green would not be side it is, is stupid.

As you are all aware we do have the best left back in the league.

Surrey Finest you say no one would get in at step 4 but how about Half of Chertsey team play for Farnbourgh now in the conference south. I Know spencer is the manager and obviously a major reason why they are there but what I'm hearing they are playing that standard quite comftable. If you put Simmons and Meps around other top players I think they would play quite comftable. Look at pagey and Bennet for example

You agreed with alot of what I said Johnno:

You lack quality; and you resorted to football being your 2nd sport

The step up in terms of quality is very minimal

And the fact that being a model professional has got you somewhere

....."sore about that tin cup final?"

so tin cup you included it in the footer for your posts.

Im not sore in the slightest if this had of been sill's writing this as SF' said id have taken a bit of notice cos he was quality and could of played alot higher than he did probably to the same level as his brother...much like players sitting in steps 5 and 6 could play higher. But from someone like yourself; i find it a bit of a joke.

Surrey Finest you say no one would get in at step 4 but how about Half of Chertsey team play for Farnbourgh now in the conference south. I Know spencer is the manager and obviously a major reason why they are there but what I'm hearing they are playing that standard quite comftable. If you put Simmons and Meps around other top players I think they would play quite comftable. Look at pagey and Bennet for example

Said I wouldn't take to a good step 4 side, slight difference. Have seen Farnborough and 3 other games in that league I fear Farnborough will be relegated but agree Page has done well and is much improved, Bennett has struggled the few times I have seen him at Farnborough and for me is an average Step 4 player. Again only my opinion and like most of us older generation am quite hard to impress.

You agreed with alot of what I said Johnno:

You lack quality; and you resorted to football being your 2nd sport

The step up in terms of quality is very minimal

And the fact that being a model professional has got you somewhere

....."sore about that tin cup final?"

so tin cup you included it in the footer for your posts.

Im not sore in the slightest if this had of been sill's writing this as SF' said id have taken a bit of notice cos he was quality and could of played alot higher than he did probably to the same level as his brother...much like players sitting in steps 5 and 6 could play higher. But from someone like yourself; i find it a bit of a joke.

Im not a technically gifted footballer which probably stems from only really taking up football seriously from the age of 22. There was no resorting to football being my 2nd sport at all. Football is my 2nd sport and always has been! Even if i went back to Judo now, I would be at a higher level in that sport than you could ever be in football. I couldnt imagine being as shite at Judo as you are at football.

Even with my limited ability at Football, I have out classed you in terms of achievements (even in my 2nd sport).

I started in reserve football, moved into step 5 senior football, won a few trophies, made a few friends, stepped up a level, and somehow was given a shot at manager of a step 4 club.

Feel free to list your achievements in your 1st and 2nd sport, and dont forget to add 'best left back'.

Should we leave this here or will this be another Nice Guy v Duncs episode??? I dont think the forumites could take another!!