Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Funny how none of the players seem to have an issue with guernsey being in the league! Yes was annoyed when te game got called off, but I can't wait to go over the and play in front of 1000+ people. Will probay never get the opportunity to do it again!

There won't be 1000 people in June

There is too much riding on Guernsey FC for them to fail - Mark and Matt Le Tissier and Steve Dewnship are not stupid men, and they would definitely have a long term corporate plan for the club.

Geography and other factors might be against Guernsey, but like it or not they were voted in to the English non-league pyramid on a democratic basis. Are we now to say that those who voted them in should resign from office? Skullduggery comes to mind.

Besides, other Step 5 leagues have finished in the past with games not played. I'm sure that a lot of leagues were left with games not played in 2010 due to the snow. The WMRL, albeit a Step 6 league, finished last season with about five teams failing to fulfill every fixture and not a tear was shed.

If Guernsey get promoted as champions, and have four games not played which would not affect other clubs in danger of relegation, then does it matter if they aren't played if nothing will be decided from them?

Everybody can now see that this project has failed

LOL

Edited by HKP

Football is not all about Players though Justin,or is it? Supporters have a part to play as well or do they.

Don't know the answer to tht smudge, but on a personal note I can't see where as players we will get another opportunity like this so am happy to embrace it whilst I can. Can see why it's frustrating, but they are in the pyramid now and I can't personally see that changing any time soon.

If we have to go over midweek I will have no problems taking a day 1/2 unpaid leave to play, and knowing the supporters of Southpark I'm sure there will be a few willing to take time off work to witness what will go down in history for our club.

Just my opinion....

If Guernsey get promoted as champions, and have four games not played which would not affect other clubs in danger of relegation, then does it matter if they aren't played if nothing will be decided from them?

No it doesnt matter......but next season if we have worse weather than this year or Guernsey have a decent fa cup/trophy run next year, IT MIGHT HAVE AN EFFECT! The commitment and importance of matches and completion of matches gets more important as you go higher up the pyramid. Travelling is further, cost is more, commitment is more. There has to be a ceiling for Guernsey.

There is too much riding on Guernsey FC for them to fail - Mark and Matt Le Tissier and Steve Dewnship are not stupid men, and they would definitely have a long term corporate plan for the club.

Geography and other factors might be against Guernsey, but like it or not they were voted in to the English non-league pyramid on a democratic basis. Are we now to say that those who voted them in should resign from office? Skullduggery comes to mind.

Besides, other Step 5 leagues have finished in the past with games not played. I'm sure that a lot of leagues were left with games not played in 2010 due to the snow. The WMRL, albeit a Step 6 league, finished last season with about five teams failing to fulfill every fixture and not a tear was shed.

Tell that to E&E Fred,JDSPFC,

Some investment in pitch or ground is all that is needed by looks of it and am sure this will be being looked at by Guernsey.

What about Guernsey installing a 3G pitch at their ground? A few clubs in the pyramid using them now so won't be a problem getting into Ryman league with one.

Can you play RUGBY ON 3G?Remember they are Groundsharing,using the Rugby Clubs bar.

The way the weather's going, retractable roofs over pitches might be an idea! :P

No it doesnt matter......but next season if we have worse weather than this year or Guernsey have a decent fa cup/trophy run next year, IT MIGHT HAVE AN EFFECT! The commitment and importance of matches and completion of matches gets more important as you go higher up the pyramid. Travelling is further, cost is more, commitment is more. There has to be a ceiling for Guernsey.

Finally some sense

I am sure all the games will get played, Guernsey have already stated their willingness to play twice a weekend to complete.

On a different note what about Charter flights? Not sure on costing but would Guernsey pay for these midweek to get games on? 5pm leave from mainland be back on mainland by midnight? Just an idea before the Guernsey knockers jump on me!

Some investment in pitch or ground is all that is needed by looks of it and am sure this will be being looked at by Guernsey.

What about Guernsey installing a 3G pitch at their ground? A few clubs in the pyramid using them now so won't be a problem getting into Ryman league with one.

They need a ground first!!

On a different note what about Charter flights? Not sure on costing but would Guernsey pay for these midweek to get games on? 5pm leave from mainland be back on mainland by midnight? Just an idea before the Guernsey knockers jump on me!

I don't think this would be an option as the Airport closes at 9pm, only stays open later if flights are delayed. Plus at the moment a lot of work is being done overnight to improve the runway etc, part of an £80m upgrade to it.

How about Guernsey agree with the League to play their Home games at Horley,then they could play Monday,Wednesday,Friday,Sunday,some of you lads will miss out on an away day,but at least the fixtures would be played.One of Guernseys sponsors are Hilton,so they could give them reduced weekly rates.