Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

one of our players who was injured flew himself over the cost of the flight alone was £140 :o

Yeah unless you book early that is often what you end up paying... Shows the commitment of people like me that has seen 6/7 away matches since the club started. Mind you some were as part of a wider UK holiday that just happened to take place when GFC were away.

one of our players who was injured flew himself over the cost of the flight alone was £140 :o

Surely it was his choice to fly over and pay that much for the flight.

All selected playing members of all teams for all games in Guernsey have their travel provided, so why is everyone droning on and on about the cost? As has been pointed out the only cost to individuals (and they are probably covered by some method of payment they are receiving from their club for playing in the first place) is the trip to Gatwick so explain to me why this is not the same as playing away against anyone financially??

I can see that taking time off from work is not ideal but GFC players have to do this many times a season and none of them are rewarded financially for anything. Some have understanding employers and some dont. Those that dont have to take personal holidays or make up the time to cover mid week travel. Thats the way it is GFC players dont need financial reward to train 2-3 times a week, play 2-3 times a week and travel 2-3 times a week, they just are fully committed to representing the Island in non league football.

The rest of you apparently have everything so bad, I mean having to travel a maximum of 3 times a season, having all of your expenses met, being treated more professionally in Guernsey than you have ever been treated and totally admired and looked after by GFC and the paying public when you are here. Stop whinging you all had your chance to not allow us to join the CCL but instead voted us into the CCL, not our fault.

I now wish we had joined another league to start our journey and I do apologise to those of you who have continually supported GFC and have continued to welcome us, we have all made some great friends across the water, but at the same time we have come up against some real selfish do gooders and they have ruined it for me.

Sorry I got a bit carried away, the thread title is 'What is the Solution', in my opinion the solution is that GFC get out of the CCL as soon as is humanly possible, whether that is promotion or relegation, and forget what started as a dream come true venture for us all in Guernsey and, outside of the actual football, has ended up being a tiresome and frustrating year and a half of constantly not trying to bite (but not succeeding) on this website when trying to be involved in all of the good things that non league football should be about

Edited by Guernsey Guru

All selected playing members of all teams for all games in Guernsey have their travel provided, so why is everyone droning on and on about the cost? As has been pointed out the only cost to individuals (and they are probably covered by some method of payment they are receiving from their club for playing in the first place) is the trip to Gatwick so explain to me why this is not the same as playing away against anyone financially??

I can see that taking time off from work is not ideal but GFC players have to do this many times a season and none of them are rewarded financially for anything. Some have understanding employers and some dont. Those that dont have to take personal holidays or make up the time to cover mid week travel. Thats the way it is GFC players dont need financial reward to train 2-3 times a week, play 2-3 times a week and travel 2-3 times a week, they just are fully committed to representing the Island in non league football.

The rest of you apparently have everything so bad, I mean having to travel a maximum of 3 times a season, having all of your expenses met, being treated more professionally in Guernsey than you have ever been treated and totally admired and looked after by GFC and the paying public when you are here. Stop whinging you all had your chance to not allow us to join the CCL but instead voted us into the CCL, not our fault.

I now wish we had joined another league to start our journey and I do apologise to those of you who have continually supported GFC and have continued to welcome us, we have all made some great friends across the water, but at the same time we have come up against some real selfish do gooders and they have ruined it for me.

I don't think a player or club official has knocked it though GG!!

There appear to be far more island-based knockers of the project GG

ive not once knocked your venture into our pyramid this is a forum where people voice opinions simply pointing out things that could happen in the future an have happened so are facts!!

the player came over i said the cost of the flight alone was £140 where did i say he paid it?? no i didnt..... as a great bunch i have, as skipper i got each player to put in roughly a tenner each so the cost was minimal for the individual!!!! at bedfont we dont get paid so any costs are paid by players we also all train twice a week if a games cancelled we also train so id say players are fully commited an thats across the board!! treated more professionally? we get the same treatment at away grounds barring the overnight stay we get free food an paying spectators granted not anywhere near the 2496 an just over a thousand i have experienced but they are there with even the odd dog thrown in!!!

There appear to be far more island-based knockers of the project GG

As with any project there are island based knockers but in comparison to the 1000+ who continually watch GFC they are a very small minority. You will always get people for and people against and I understand that, I just dont understand why or how it effects the non playing members of this site.

I can understand the players on here who may not be able to travel or whatever having issues but to keep hearing moans an groans from people who it does not effect either financially or in any other respect it just is just boring. Why dont people give their opinions on things that effect them rather than just stirring the hornets nest. I know people will enjoy the fact that I have bitten here this afternoon but it is so draining listening to negative issues being raised about GFC over and over again

As with any project there are island based knockers but in comparison to the 1000+ who continually watch GFC they are a very small minority. You will always get people for and people against and I understand that, I just dont understand why or how it effects the non playing members of this site.

I can understand the players on here who may not be able to travel or whatever having issues but to keep hearing moans an groans from people who it does not effect either financially or in any other respect it just is just boring. Why dont people give their opinions on things that effect them rather than just stirring the hornets nest. I know people will enjoy the fact that I have bitten here this afternoon but it is so draining listening to negative issues being raised about GFC over and over again

So are you a playing member GG or just a knocker of the knockers?

Maybe we should all sign up to the Guernsey Forum,being a Guernsey Supporter maneland based,I cannot afford to travel over to Guernsey,so I have signed up to GFCTV, can watch a game for £2.99p home or away.Many others have too,like Mr. and Mrs Cornell who enjoyed the Badshot Lea game.Now I know why Away gates are down 20% this year against last,even though we are in a higher division.Home gates down 16% as well,maybe it is the recession?Camberley biggest away League gate this year 164,think they banned U.K coverage.Hartley last year 245,this year 80.

ive not once knocked your venture into our pyramid this is a forum where people voice opinions simply pointing out things that could happen in the future an have happened so are facts!!

the player came over i said the cost of the flight alone was £140 where did i say he paid it?? no i didnt..... as a great bunch i have, as skipper i got each player to put in roughly a tenner each so the cost was minimal for the individual!!!! at bedfont we dont get paid so any costs are paid by players we also all train twice a week if a games cancelled we also train so id say players are fully commited an thats across the board!! treated more professionally? we get the same treatment at away grounds barring the overnight stay we get free food an paying spectators granted not anywhere near the 2496 an just over a thousand i have experienced but they are there with even the odd dog thrown in!!!

Good to hear you have a great bunch of lads who would do that for the injured guy. I have stated that my comments are not aimed at all and sundry on this site

Newby - we did the same when we visited Guernsey. Two additional committee members wanted to make the trip, so rather than those people paying £150 each, all players and committee split the costs between them. £12 per person for a weekend away was still great value........especially as Pierre the bookie was happy to sponsor our trip :D

we did the same last season where three extra players came as we were sort of still in with a shout of winning the league , whod wana miss that? so we paid £30 extra per person to get the extras over!! that said we got smashed wish id saved my £30 LOL :D

I think Guernsey Guru has got a very distorted impression of the attitude of most CC supporters, players and management based on the writings of the few people who post on this forum.

Some of the posters here seem to be little more than thinly disguised trolls while others hold their views sincerely but base them, sometimes, on inadequate knowledge and/or understanding of the facts. From my limited experience on the ground (and in the grounds), Guernsey FC has been generously welcomed into the CC by league members and supporters and, more to the point, has lifted the CC game generally to a higher level. If they are promoted at the end of this season - and I believe that is not yet a foregone conclusion - I will miss them.

Personally, and no longer being on the committee at Windsor, I hope Guernsey get stuffed tomorrow. That would make my weekend but bugger getting up at 4am to watch it online.

On a more serious note, will edited highlights be available anywhere?

Personally, and no longer being on the committee at Windsor, I hope Guernsey get stuffed tomorrow. That would make my weekend but bugger getting up at 4am to watch it online.

On a more serious note, will edited highlights be available anywhere?

GFCTV normally get the edited highlights online by Saturday evening, but only subscribers get them FOC. You'll probably have to pay £2.99 or the equivalent in Australian Dollars for the privilege

especially as Pierre the bookie was happy to sponsor our trip :D

Word of caution, if you are a player or official of a club then it is against FA rules to place a bet on any competition that you are involved in including of course matches against GFC. Players have received long bans even when they have bet for their team to win. I have heard rumours that a few players have bet on their team to lose.

This rule isn't just related to players and club officials though HKP. The rule could be interpreted to include players friends or relatives etc.

Personally I don't see any issue with betting on your team to win. However I do think that those betting on their team to lose should be heavily fined/banned.

The reason for that rule is that you might have some insider knowledge of your team, perhaps suddenly just signed the next Messi, I believe.

old lester the bookie on guernsey is a snake anyway i say i hope all take his money as some of our supporters were given one price then they changed it after writing odds on the slip ..........most bets were 10/1 then they realised we performed better an tried to change it think most related to goalscorers not a win or loss bet!