Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Would never happen just lose the 3 points and a fine

Well, according to the Fines Tariff in the Isthmian League Handbook, which can be downloaded from http://files.pitchero.com/leagues/1355_1345024612.pdf, the minimum recommended fine for failiure to fulfil is a fixture is £500, potentially rising to £2,000. The Isthmian League did also once expel Epping Town for failing to play their second-last match of the season, and wiped all of the games they did play from the record.

There is a load of rubbish on this thread.

We heard much the same thing when Truro were at lower levels of the pyramid. They were in the same division as Uxbridge, Bracknell and Windsor & Eton at step 4. I doubt W & E going bust had anything to do with having to travel to Truro midweek once, with no costs paid for by Truro.

There is a load of rubbish on this thread.

We heard much the same thing when Truro were at lower levels of the pyramid. They were in the same division as Uxbridge, Bracknell and Windsor & Eton at step 4. I doubt W & E going bust had anything to do with having to travel to Truro midweek once, with no costs paid for by Truro.

Absolutely agree

It made for an interesting afternoon read, though !

It was something to pass the time as it's absolutely p1ssing down here and has been for a couple of hours !

and then the issue of 'WHAT IF' flights home are cancelled, weather issues grounding flights or missed flights due to other issues. It could cost someone their job or if self employed, a days work! Going up to St Neots on a tuesday night is not even close!

Agree with jj,Wembley players don't get payed.the flight gets cancelled I lose a day's money for a game of football.try explaining that to my wife.all the best!

Still - You've got six days to bail-ot before our visit.

Not looking good BJR.

Sunday --rain

Monday---rain

Tuesday--sun,when they visit Epsom and Ewell

Wednesday--rain

Thursday--rain

Friday--rain

Chuck in a few bouts of Hail,Thunder,High Tides,would say the chances of a game were slim.Would just like to add,that Croydon FC and AFC Croydon play at an Arena similar to Footes Lane,maintained by the Local Authority,and have had the Wettest weather seen for 80 years,games called of this season ZERO.The current situation will only worsen due to Guernseys involvlement in the Premier Cup and F.A. Vase,as HTFC said they are a Good side,but how about them giving up their defence of the Premier Cup by losing to Epsom and Ewell,3 less games to play,or maybe losing in the Vase to South Park/Rye saving further future fixtures.Cannot see this happening though as Guernsey as a nation,rightly want to win every game,and so they should.As for fixtures Clubs should have the EARLIEST warning of future fixtures against Guernsey,due to the logistics for Players,Guernsey FC,we only have 4 months left of the Season to fit in 32 games for Guernsey,could be more,if they win the F.A.Vase,as I fully expect them too.My moneys on them,hope the F.A Give them all Home ties in future rounds.The only thing about Guernsey that has really annoyed me is GFCTV,a money making venture,that has been sanctioned by the F.A.the CCL,the Turkeys who voted them in,can even be seen in a PUB IN harrow on the Hill now.Next Jersey will be watching.MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL

Shit happens get over it. Living on the island I've had several flights delayed / cancelled and have either had to take a days leave to cover the absence, or come in early and stayed late the next few days, or come in at the weekend to make up the time. Heaven forbid anyone shows any initiative or lateral thinking in dealing with such an impossible situation. Strikes me as petty whining and victim syndrome.

Would it be practical/feasible to build a tunnel from Southampton/Portsmouth under the English Channel to Guernsey?

Might be an answer (albeit an expensive one...)

Here's a question that I'd like bobuk to answer as he is very smart. Who has more games left to play as of today - South Park or Guernsey ?

That gave me a good laugh GG :)

We're playing Leatherhead this Tuesday in the Surrey Senior Cup in an eagerly awaited local derby at Chipstead kick off 7.45 .Following our good performance Saturday we're all looking forward to it - could be a good game .

We still await a date for our rearranged League Cup tie at home to Guernsey .. it'd be safe to say after Christmas

I think they filmed on every available dry sunny day cloud nine :)

I have met so many really nice people through our team being in the CCL but that all gets totally overshadowed by the bile and bitterness shown by some posters on this forum.

Bar Smudge most of the doubters have been nameless and no one has a clue who they are. Life will be very difficult if you take to heart everything you read from internet trolls

How many billions did the Channel Tunnel cost and that is for a much smaller distance, lol.