Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

I'm sure your mate bob will have a smart ass answer.

I think during the years 1939 to 1945, flights were very few and far between, except that air-line bearing the dreaded Black Cross.

(I'll fetch me coat !!)

:bolt:

I would prefer a genuine and factual answer to the question Geordie

Certainly sir, here goes: it's not unheard of to be stuck for 48 hours or more by fog. The airlines tend to offer the boat as an alternative, which means Poole or Weymouth, or even Pompey on the slow version.

Can Guernsey not build a ground on the Mainland?

LOL, why should they, we are based in Guernsey and have been accepted into the English non-league setup.

Certainly sir, here goes: it's not unheard of to be stuck for 48 hours or more by fog. The airlines tend to offer the boat as an alternative, which means Poole or Weymouth, or even Pompey on the slow version.

Yes we know about the 7 hour boat trip

Well Guernsey do get there fixtures before everyone else

Yes but so do the UK based teams, its to let everyone know early when they will travel. So EVERYONE can make their arrangements.

Yes we know about the 7 hour boat trip

As I posted the other day, there is a fast ferry to Poole/Weymouth that takes around 3 hours.

At least our team are making good use of today, they have been visiting the children's ward at the PEH.

FANTASTIC, maisiecat.

I'm sure the sick kiddies will love that. It shows real commitment to the Island.

Incidently, I loved the TV series Island Hospital.

At risk of putting my head above the parapet...

Don't forget that Lazarus represents the Combined Counties League Management, and the negative and often nasty comments about Guernsey FC can reflect quite badly on the Committee.

Do you want those who made the decision to resign from office, as they've obviously (in your eyes) made a boo-boo in allowing Guernsey in. Should future Islands like the Isle of Man be banned from having a representative in Non League?

Edited by The Mayor Of Simpleton

Don't forget that Lazarus represents the Combined Counties League Management, and the negative and often nasty comments about Guernsey FC can reflect quite badly on the Committee.

But surely posts here in a personal capacity, so is quite entitled to his views?

I think they filmed on every available dry sunny day cloud nine :)

I have met so many really nice people through our team being in the CCL but that all gets totally overshadowed by the bile and bitterness shown by some posters on this forum.

I think they filmed on every available dry sunny day cloud nine :)

I have met so many really nice people through our team being in the CCL but that all gets totally overshadowed by the bile and bitterness shown by some posters on this forum.

Don't take it too much to heart, maisiecat

A very small minority of posters get off on winding people up.

I have met the Guernsey faithful on two occasions now, both when they were in Div 1 against Bookham and when they came over for their away game against DFC. A great bunch of guys.

I just wish I could afford to travel next weekend, (subject to the weather), when we visit the beautiful Isle.

Edited by Big J R

The solution is easy.

the league will arrange fixtures and if Guernsey cannot field a side they will lose the points. Likewise with their opponents.

If Guernsey cannot provide a ground then the game will be switched.

Nice and easy.