Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 26th games on/off

Strange to hear that the Dorking pitch has snow on it as I work in Dorking and 90% of the snow has gone from the town.

And in my garden a couple of miles away, all our snow has melted from the grass.

Must be something to do with the moisture and with Dorking and Ash's pitches being slightly softer maybe this is why they still have the snow. Are there any scientists around who can explain this?

Horley v Wood update -

"I was surprised by how much snow was still on the pitch, about 2 inches covering 90% of the pitch, although the surface below the snow is good.

The forecast is for snow/rain overnight so it's not looking good."

:(

LEAGUE NOTICE

Given that there is hope that we will get some football on Saturday, could all clubs please note that normal inspection procedures will apply in respect of tomorrow’s matches. That means that only the match referee is empowered to postpone matches, after an inspection either by himself or by a local official, if approved by the match referee.

No matches can be postponed until tomorrow especially given the apparent uncertainty of current weather forecast.

It has been arranged that should the FA Vase ties involving Guernsey and Hanworth Villa be postponed, both clubs will revert to their original fixtures, away to Farnham and at home to Sandhurst Town respectively, obviously subject to the condition of the CCL pitches concerned. I have asked that decisions be made as late as reasonably possible in both cases and thank you to all the clubs involved, especially Farnham and Sandhurst, for being willing to stand by for a possible game at the last moment.

Just out of interest, if Rye v Guernsey is on, when would it be rescheduled for? Tuesday 29th?

I am aware that the original plan is for the following Saturday, but there must come a time when the FA will start insisting on midweek dates. This would be a pity as I'm sure we'd be oable to play on Tuesday at Chipstead as it drains so well there

I never thought the Vase could cause us so much trouble at this stage. If Guernsey make the QF's our trip there is off again, and if Hanworth Villa beat Walsall Wood, then our game there is off on 9th February to accommodate their fifth round tie!

But back to the topic. Bedfont Sports - Any chance Saturday?

E&E Fred well thats nice.....is it success that burdens your team ? If you were as successul in the Vase as Guernsey and Hanworth Villa perhaps you wouldn't be making the comments you have ?

Get back in your box, it was just a comment on how ironic it was that the Vase matches rarely affect anyone at this stage, but that we could be affected twice.

This Tuesday was particularly concerning as we have to print more than the usual number of programmes. Fortunately, a Vase rearrangement to the 29th is not an issue any more according to VPCTFC.

Obviously I was not wishing bad luck to the teams concerned, which I'm sure every other reader of this forum was already aware of.

You must be very short as so many comments by people seem to go right over your head.

Latest satellite imagery suggests rain/sleet from 9pm tonight for a few hours.

Not meant to be too heavy and temperatures staying above freezing overnight.

Up to 8 degrees on Saturday.

Get back in your box, it was just a comment on how ironic it was that the Vase matches rarely affect anyone at this stage, but that we could be affected twice.

This Tuesday was particularly concerning as we have to print more than the usual number of programmes. Fortunately, a Vase rearrangement to the 29th is not an issue any more according to VPCTFC.

Obviously I was not wishing bad luck to the teams concerned, which I'm sure every other reader of this forum was already aware of.

You must be very short as so many comments by people seem to go right over your head.

our manager checked he pitch yesterday said barring any rain or dread i say it snow we should be on but its down to the ref at the end of the day mate

Seem I touched a nerve Freddie boy ...oops sorry :o !

Farnham will hopefully now not be needed, Rye United have posted on twitter that no early pitch inspection is needed and at the moment the pitch is draining well.

"@RyeUnited v @GuernseyFC No early inspection planned. Pitch 'looking good'. Rain due overnight. Regular updates on @RyeUnited VERY HOPEFUL!"

Edited by HKP

Has to be said that his posting style screams "Short Man Syndrome"

Chris with Badshot v Egham Likly to be off you should try to arrange a league game with Egham at there place?

We have already played Egham away.

There will be a pitch inspection at around 9.30am at Horley by premission of the league.

Although it is our "home" game, HTFC have kindly arranged to organise this inspection with a local referee as the match ref is coming from Brentford, Middx.

Any "home" match v Egham Town at ETFC would have to be approved by the league and initiated by ETFC.

On top of that, this would mean extra time required in producing a "new" match programme.

The Horley programme is done and ready to print......I hope......in the morning.