Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash United appoint new First Team Manager

The Chairman and Committee of Ash United FC, are pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Alan Reed, as our First Team Manager.

We are very much looking forward to working with Alan and his staff, during the 2013/2014 season.

Did they not let you know Duncs ?

Not me Kroons I didn't apply but a good frriend of mine did and nobody has told him yet,what league are old Farnborians in cos managing at junior level and CCL is a huge difference I hope they have made the right decision cos this club needs to be competing at the top end of the league and not floundering around the bottom,  

Red Spot can you enlighten us please it was you who started this thread can we have some answers please cos it looks to me that your club is being very unproffesional in the handling of this matter.

Duncs

I will not discuss on an open forum things that were discussed behind closed doors. If your good friend believes we have not done what we said what we would be doing, and it was clearly explained to him at the time, then he can call me directly to discuss it.

As you have already said, you were not there.

Duncs

I will not discuss on an open forum things that were discussed behind closed doors. If your good friend believes we have not done what we said what we would be doing, and it was clearly explained to him at the time, then he can call me directly to discuss it.

As you have already said, you were not there.

Whooa whooa whooa RS it was you who started the thread on an open forum not me,did you not exspect a response,clearly you have made your dubious desicion now can you please answer who is Alan Reed and what is his experience,not being funny but who are you and what is your experience it seems to me that Ash Utd are being led down a very worrying path.

He is the guy who runs Old Farnboronians, and when I have come across him he seems a nice guy, and he put a decent side together there, think he has good local contacts, as he works/ed at the 6th form college, so will know a number of local players...

Whether he has the experience does not matter, fair play to Ash for giving him the chance, if clubs don't give lower league managers the chance they will never get the experience, 3 years ago I was managing at step 6, but was giving a chance at Godalming 2 levels up.. I had no experience of managing at that level, and I think if you asked them, was a pretty good decision on their part.

I am guessing he obviously impressed with his ideas in the interviews, hence why he got the job, so fair play to him and good luck...

I think it will be a good appointment.

Alan was manager at Old Farnboronians in the Elite. nice bloke and as I've said before he's got a few there that could step up in the CCL. Good luck Alan.

Been on the wain for sometime down at Shawfield Road and I think I've read somewhere before that Paul Bonner said there wasn't any budget to speak of these days, so I guess the club is cutting it's cloth accordingly and has looked for someone with some player contacts who can come in and start afresh. Good luck to them - time will tell if it's worked but I'm not sure they had a lot of choice as an experienced CCL manager would have wanted a budget probably.

The only thing that I'm confused about is the original advert for the job said the applicants MUST have step 5 experience I think - I'm not sure Alan has that does he?

Thats your opininion Baker and it is completely the opposite of mine so i'm not interested,this club needs someone to steady the ship and not someone trying to cut his teeth in senior football,I have looked at the old farnborians website and have to say that if the players iam looking at are his contacts then we should all worry

Not me Kroons I didn't apply but a good frriend of mine did and nobody has told him yet,what league are old Farnborians in cos managing at junior level and CCL is a huge difference I hope they have made the right decision cos this club needs to be competing at the top end of the league and not floundering around the bottom,  

:tongue (2):

I will confirm that I applied for the Ash job, had an interview and was told that the successful applicant would be contacted on Friday as would the unsuccessful candidates. I am the guy that Duncs is talking about and yes a bit disappointed that I found out I was not successful at whatever time on this forum rather than the communication we were promised at the interview. G ood luck Ash I wish u well and remember common courtesy hurts nobody.

Will Mr. Reed and Ash be plying their trade in CCL Div. 1 next season ?  Has Mr Reed got expereince of CCL level ?   I am sure that Ash will be looking for an immediate return back to the CCL Prem !

Well done on making post 1,900,000 - only 100,000 to go to two million lol