Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash United appoint new First Team Manager

are we such a bad club?

you can only pick one person to do the job not half a dozen...the interviews where done properly & the committee came to decision to appoint Alan. Yes it was never going to make everyone happy but that life & now the committee have made that decision we will all get behind Alan & hope he does an excellent job.

one good thing out off all this **** being put on here its putting Ash United into the limelight, especially after the downer of tuesday getting relegated

Farnham made the same mistake 3 years ago appointing a manager without senior first team experience.

Awful decision.

Oh, hang on... He has just had the clubs best ever finish in many years after gaining promotion at his first attempt!

Fair play to Ash for not going down the same old route so many clubs do at our level and good luck to Reidy.

Not only a nice fella but a capable coach and manager.

I am certain he will be a huge success.

Yep great choice

Cove young managers good season

Egham young manager champions

Bedfont Sport Div 1 promotion mid table this season young manager

Hartley Wintney young manager done well since taking over

Duncs time will tell but IMO there is a new era of managers who have grown up in different football styles and are better for the game don't get me wrong there are some good old timers but some of them have lost there hungar, what you said regarding other applicants is true the club should have told them of there unsuccessful application.

Ha Duncs done a good job at Sandhurst didn't ya mate? Jumped ship when they were in the brown stuff and finished in the bottom 2. Fair play to Ash, at least they're giving the bloke a chance in CCL1! 

Ha Duncs done a good job at Sandhurst didn't ya mate? Jumped ship when they were in the brown stuff and finished in the bottom 2. Fair play to Ash, at least they're giving the bloke a chance in CCL1! 

Dons Hard Hat for expected response.......

The three minute warning has just been sounded !!

I will confirm that I applied for the Ash job, had an interview and was told that the successful applicant would be contacted on Friday as would the unsuccessful candidates. I am the guy that Duncs is talking about and yes a bit disappointed that I found out I was not successful at whatever time on this forum rather than the communication we were promised at the interview. G ood luck Ash I wish u well and remember common courtesy hurts nobody.

possibly missed a trick here have ash ;)

I think the decision to sign Mr Reed would be down to local contacts etc, which I doubt Weebs would have in Ash, plus I don't think there is a large budget at Ash so attracting players from distances afar would be difficult.

I hope the guy does really well. As for Smithy he won't be looking for a club for long I'm sure, come October there may well be jobs available which will be nearer to home and I'm sure he will be in with a good shout.

Well done Ash on what is a logical decision.  Local manager with a remit to recruit local players.  Wiindsor took that decision also and apart from a poor settling-in period proved that it can be done with local young untried players who with this seasons' experience will be back even stronger next season.

Our manager was untested at Senior level having only ever held managers jobs at U18 level but we knew what he could do and the way he worked and therefore he had the faith and support of all at the club which is exactly what will be required now at Ash while things settle down.

As is the norm for this Forum,most of our posters miss the point.NO COURTESY WAS SHOWN BY ASH TO THE PEOPLE WHO APPLIED.Windsor do make me laugh though was not Mick Woodward available,when all the dosh was floating about.Just think what he could of done,with the previous incumbents WONGA.

When did I leave nobody has told me just cos I was going around looking at different clubs and players for Salv is part of my role at the club,come down tomorrow and see me TPC90 i will wear my club T shirt just for you,I would also like to wish Alan all the best at Ash of course I know him and its not his fault the committee aint got a clue.If you need the names and phone numbers of any players locally give me a call I have them all.

Yep great choice

Cove young managers good season

Egham young manager champions

Bedfont Sport Div 1 promotion mid table this season young manager

Hartley Wintney young manager done well since taking over

Duncs time will tell but IMO there is a new era of managers who have grown up in different football styles and are better for the game don't get me wrong there are some good old timers but some of them have lost there hungar, what you said regarding other applicants is true the club should have told them of there unsuccessful application.

not so sure miles comer webb to name but 3 would agree bobukent oh and Sav.........don't do it sav easy boy.

As is the norm for this Forum,most of our posters miss the point.NO COURTESY WAS SHOWN BY ASH TO THE PEOPLE WHO APPLIED.Windsor do make me laugh though was not Mick Woodward available,when all the dosh was floating about.Just think what he could of done,with the previous incumbents WONGA.

Damn it, if only we'd known Mick Woodward was available.

are we such a bad club?

you can only pick one person to do the job not half a dozen...the interviews where done properly & the committee came to decision to appoint Alan. Yes it was never going to make everyone happy but that life & now the committee have made that decision we will all get behind Alan & hope he does an excellent job.

one good thing out off all this **** being put on here its putting Ash United into the limelight, especially after the downer of tuesday getting relegated

Don't want to fall out wiv you Gaz as you are a really nice bloke who has always worked hard for the club but it wasn't done fairly,what about all the other step 6/7/8 managers who were told by your committee the role was for step 5 and better and for that reason they didn't apply,sorry mate but thats not right.

Spot on Smudge what they all do is try and make me or you or whoever it be look like a kent without really reading what we are saying,its a shame but I am used to it if only they could stick to the point,sometimes if you listen loud enough you can hear the penny drop and some of them reckon they are highly educated,still aint heard from The Pervert.