Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Disappointing

We've had a "Gentleman's Evenings" at the club!!!!!

Likewise, the female element of our club, have had their own "Ladies Evening"

Don't see or hear the male element of our club moaning???

It's nothing to do with sanitising. It's to do with making clubs accessible to all and not viewing women as sex objects but as people who can bring real value to football clubs.

Like I said. I say the same thing about any club doing a 'ladies night' with steppers.

It's not About PC. It's about having respect for everyone. It's an archaic form of 'entertainment' that had no place in the world anymore frankly.

Just my opinion of course.

It's nothing to do with sanitising. It's to do with making clubs accessible to all and not viewing women as sex objects but as people who can bring real value to football clubs.

Like I said. I say the same thing about any club doing a 'ladies night' with steppers.

It's not About PC. It's about having respect for everyone. It's an archaic form of 'entertainment' that had no place in the world anymore frankly.

Just my opinion of course.

It is

I have been to one and would never go again.  I wouldn't go to a One Direction Concert either but doesn't mean I want them banned.

I don't know what is disrespectful about it. It's either your cup of tea or it isn't but claiming that the entertainment is "disrespectful" suddenly means that what is on on a saturday afternoon isn't accessible anymore is a bit mind boggling.

I booked it lol, we got a cheap deal.

You're a bad man ellers, clearly you are disrespectful to all women, archaic, anachronistic blah blah and intend making footy inaccessible to all on a Saturday afternoon. 

Loose you may be right, however as long as we have a good night and enjoy our selves and raise a few quid then I'm happy, so how many tickets should I put you down for ;-)

Someone somewhere is always going to be offended by things on tv, events etc etc etc. If it's not in your front room in front of you or where you are what's the problem?? The girls haven't had a gun held to their head and probably don't give a feck what other women think!! Most of the time it's the blokes covered in whipped cream getting spanked that look like tits anyway and their paying for it!!!

We should just save time and money in this country and ban banter and fun now!! All you see is the busy parade pissing on things. 

We had a gentlemens evening at our club and ended up with more Dagenham fans coming down than ours.

Made the club a decent amount of money.

Most clubs are run in the way that the social side is different from the football club,yes the two are tied together but functions make money and money helps clubs.

If there was enough women that wanted a stripper down for the evening most clubs would welcome it.

It's not sexist to have a gents evening,its financial common sense and should have no impact on who comes through the gates at 3pm.

Some people are just too touchy nowadays,if you don't like something just don't go,stay at home and don't worry about it.

The 'if you don't like something don't go argument' is lazy and avoids having to address the issue of whether stripping is acceptable (mainly in my view cos of what it usually reveals about the person making the argument) which was the main point of the post. If something shouldn't be happening it shouldn't be happening irrelevant of whether I or anyone else is there or not. Lisa made a legitimate post - try engaging with what she said.

Agreed.

Thing is, I'm sure it'll be tough for people to acknowledge but the attitude that is being shown on here is all part of the reason why so few gay footballers ever come out.

It may not be a major major issue but there is no doubt whatsoever that there would be more women footballers and more gay footballers if this culture was properly acknowledged and changed.

Edited by Rother

The 'if you don't like something don't go argument' is lazy and avoids having to address the issue of whether stripping is acceptable (mainly in my view cos of what it usually reveals about the person making the argument) which was the main point of the post. If something shouldn't be happening it shouldn't be happening irrelevant of whether I or anyone else is there or not. Lisa made a legitimate post - try engaging with what she said.

It may be lazy but purely because it cuts straight to the chase, meanwhile the question of how the entertainment is disrespectful remains unanswered.

There's no problem of course with people holding opinions but unless you qualify how it is "hurting" anyone, how it demeans "ALL" women and makes football on a match day inaccessible it largely amounts to a "down with this kind of thing" approach.

:insert father ted meme:

Now unless anyone can demonstrate that because a location holds or displays material that it makes that place or location "inaccessible" on other occasions I'll leave this to a difference of opinion.

Edit: And BTW, just in passing like, I have to assume that we're not all going to stop using the internet because of the "faulty in your opinion" if you don't like something don't go there argument? No? Yes? Now how lazy was your knee jerk? Glad to have helped you out. Ho hum.

Edited by Loose

I have no idea what you're trying to say there Loose. Makes no sense to me.

Back in the 70s and 80s I remember questions being asked of "why aren't there more Asian and Black football fans"? And I am absolutely serious there.

Few people could understand why it might be that throwing bananas onto the pitch and making monkey noises at black players could put black people and Asians off going to games. Extraordinary but true.

Edited by Rother

I have no idea what you're trying to say there Loose. Makes no sense to me.

Back in the 70s and 80s I remember questions being asked of "why aren't there more Asian and Black football fans"? And I am absolutely serious there.

Few people could understand why it might be that throwing bananas onto the pitch and making monkey noises at black players could put blacks and Asians off going to games. Extraordinary but true.

I wouldn't worry about it then Rother. You see, what you are trying to do is compare issues that have nothing to do with this one, I suspect that is where you are going wrong.

I didn't think for a moment you'd acknowledge the point I'm making.

Groups of people are put off involving themselves in certain activities if the actions of those involved in it make them feel uncomfortable / unwelcome / excluded.

Talented gay footballers disappear from the game because they don't feel a part of the banter and fear the stick they will get if they come out. That happens at a young age and carries right on through teenage years. Only a few gays actually develop a career in the game because of that. People often make the assumption that because 1 in 10 men are supposedly gay that there must be 1 in 10 footballers are gay.

Absolute bollocks. Most have dropped out way way before they could have developed a career.

Same applied to black and Asian footballers decades past.

Same applied to women decades ago.

Racism in football has been largely eliminated which is wonderful.

Sexism and homophobia have a way to go.

When it really catches on that the last 2 have to be tackled with the same vigour as racism, like it or not, you can be very confident that stripper nights down at the local clubs will become a thing of the past.

I didn't think for a moment you'd acknowledge the point I'm making.

Groups of people are put off involving themselves in certain activities if the actions of those involved in it make them feel uncomfortable / unwelcome / excluded.

Talented gay footballers disappear from the game because they don't feel a part of the banter and fear the stick they will get if they come out. That happens at a young age and carries right on through teenage years. Only a few gays actually develop a career in the game because of that. People often make the assumption that because 1 in 10 men are supposedly gay that there must be 1 in 10 footballers are gay.

Absolute bollocks. Most have dropped out way way before they could have developed a career.

Same applied to black and Asian footballers decades past.

Same applied to women decades ago.

Racism in football has been largely eliminated which is wonderful.

Sexism and homophobia have a way to go.

When it really catches on that the last 2 have to be tackled with the same vigour as racism, like it or not, you can be very confident that stripper nights down at the local clubs will become a thing of the past.

Its people like you that have fvcked this country...........

Lesbians and Gays are welcome on the 18th as well, I heard the comedian quite hot, so if you don't like the female strippers I can ask him to strip for gay male attendees.

The thing is Rother, that so far all that is really being said is that one group dislike something that is perfectly legal, has a place in society and is enjoyed by another group. We might be talking about Marmite or Aston Martins.

We're also confusing football with an altogether different entertainment. You can pay for one, the other or both but they don't take place in the same place at the same time. For us to get rid of everything we dislike going on in the world this alone needs to be our argument: I don't like it, it doesn't affect what I want to watch, but some of the people I watch one with want to watch the other.

Now if women had an argument with football clubs not being inclusive then you would have thought that there are at least two other places to start first and both of those are on the pitch, either as players or as officials, and yet this issue is about something taking place away from the pitch, at a different time for a different purpose.

It is not sexism, homophobia or racism in football, it is a club issue about how their facilities are used, not a national league or non league issue. If you don't want it at your club, campaign there but be prepared to come up with another equally successful fund raising opportunity that helps ensure that you can go on watching football at your club.

Let's face it, the use of a club house can cause all sorts of issues for all sorts of nimbys, whether it is the celebration of a civil union or a party political meeting there will always be someone who doesn't appreciate that usage however it could in no way be regarded as demeaning to, disrespectful to or making the football inaccessible to any other individual or group. 

There is nothing demeaning to our wives or girlfriends, our significant others about an evening watching a comedian and a couple of strippers, we do not come home believing our partners to in any way have any association to what we have witnessed outside of the home - or even (if you can understand the concept) on the gogglebox or internet. If you cannot tell the difference then you have not learned social behaviour during your upbringing have you?

Grow up, some people like marmite, some people hate it. Liking or disliking it has nothing to do with the beautiful game or whether you can watch it or enjoy it.