Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

How good are Hereford?

Lord Upminster

Hereford, going by their resent results, not doing too well.

Obviously favorites going into the game on Saturday, but this is the FA Cup and i would be delighted with an upset!

I think Hornchurch will be able to hold our own against them. As long as we turn up on the day.

All Hornchurch supporters need to be that 12th man on Saturday!

Not that good - got money worries and having to depend on loan signings.

Heard that if they don't get money/a new owner by the end of the season they could go under...

If you believe in karma then thry could beat us ,and go bust a few days later....

Bit like the 4th qualifying round when we beat gravesend lol

Although I hope not as I like Hereford , was my first ever away cup tie watching Arsenal so Edgar street has a special place in my heart.

Shame that if we draw I won't be able to go to the replay as I will be on holiday in Kent (although I will work on the missus)

The support needs to be on both sides of the ground - at the moment, the Riverside is allocated entirely to away supporters.

This is not necessary - the most they have taken to any away game this season is 178 (the lowest recorded is 128), so they do not need the entire riverside, just the corner and part of the main stand is sufficient.

A ground with home supporters on both sides is much better than having them only on the Eastside.

I doubt that they will bring many supporters with them on Saturday - I would guess around one hundred. So we do not need a deserted riverside.

And of course - it is much better to have our own supporters behind Jim McFarlane's dug out.

Edited by Dagger03

The support needs to be on both sides of the ground - at the moment, the Riverside is allocated entirely to away supporters.

This is not necessary - the most they have taken to any away game this season is 178 (the lowest recorded is 128), so they do not need the entire riverside, just the corner and part of the main stand is sufficient.

A ground with home supporters on both sides is much better than having them only on the Eastside.

I doubt that they will bring many supporters with them on Saturday - I would guess around one hundred. So we do not need a deserted riverside.

And of course - it is much better to have our own supporters behind Jim McFarlane's dug out.

Not strictly true....we took over 200 to Chester.  My guess is for around 200 as we'll be supported by a good number of London based Bulls and the FA Cup always adds a bit of extra excitement.

Looking forward to this one as a nice distraction from our League performances.

>>>Not strictly true....we took over 200 to Chester.  My guess is for around 200 as we'll be supported by a good number of London based Bulls and the FA Cup always adds a bit of extra excitement.

About 200 seems to be the maximum. Certainly not the 600 figure, now revised drastically downwards, originally given, which I am certain is the cause of the entire Riverside being given over to away followers.

There was no official figure published for the Chester match, so it is not possible to confirm how many were there, though 178 remains the highest official figure.

The fact remains that the riverside is far too large an area to allocate to a relatively small number of away supporters, and at least half of the riverside should be made available to home supporters.

The best location is at the north west side of the ground, as the entrance for Hereford supporters is at the north end, (the windmill end of the ground), so they could then simply walk around behind the goal.

They could then have the standing area at the north west side on the Riverside and part of the central stand on the same side.

This would leave the stand behind Jim Mc's dugout available for HFC, plus the standing area alongside.

A Riverside revolt ??? whatever next. :P 

Does seem on the face of things that the crowd figures may have been overcooked.  I am sure the Club will amend if they deem it necessary.

Regarding the game it has all the makings of being a fiercely contested cup tie,  what with indifferent league form and the financial troubles Hereford are allegedly having  and the Urchins being a small club the FA  prize fund at stake will be an added incentive if any was needed.

Come On You Urchins..............

People come out the woodwork for cup ties,I doubt more than 2 or 3 Hereford fans if that have ever been to the bridge before, some fans like visiting new grounds therefore it's impossible to give an accurate estimate of the amount of visiting fans.

The club have to segregate the game and the easiest option is to allow the bulls fans to at least have the main riverside stand and terrace next to it,we can't simply split that stand in two,although maybe the smaller stand could be kept for our riverside regulars,let's face it,they would all fit in there!!

Plus,let's not forget we have the Eastside seats that hold around 350 I believe

we can't simply split that stand in two,although maybe the smaller stand could be kept for our riverside regulars,let's face it,they would all fit in there!!

Cheeky blighter  :lol:   I bet if you conducted a head count you would find more people sit on the Riverside than are found on the Eastside.  And to anticipate your reply ... yes the Eastside are more vocal  :D

200 Bulls fans is a reasonable prediction. I write as a London based Bull and we've only had Cambridge so far this season as a kind away fixture. I'd love to get to Edgar Street more often but it's so awkward to get to by road or rail.

We can't score goals at the moment and this seemed a problem to come when the squad was assembled over the summer. None of the strikers have found their shooting boots this season. We've had some rotten luck with injuries (O'Keefe and James in particular) but I'm still optimistic for some improvement. A nice win on Saturday will boost morale as we've so much tradition in the FA Cup.