Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 22nd March Matches

Problem you have at Lammas is certain people on here and twitter telling the world its the best squad ever and all your players are far too good for div 1.  Now that may be the case but when you lose 10-1 you can expect some stick on here !

The match report from Epsom v Ash is here: http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN48.html

I'll be honest I was very disappointed with Ash. One thing they always give you is a contest. They get in your face and are very hard working. Sorry, not this time.

We could and maybe should have had about eight, and whilst the scoring stopped at half time, we hit the post twice, once from a fantastic save by the visiting keeper and we played some great football. Why? Because Ash allowed us to. Wembley didn't on Tuesday as they closed us down completely. You have to be fit to keep that sort of game up though, and maybe there is an issue there?

We play some great football, possibly the nicest in the division this season and when we do, we are hard to beat. Having said that, some teams find a way to stop us. We saw Horley have a real good try the week before and whilst we eventually wore them down, they kept working throughout. I said then that they can get out of trouble and they've made a great start at doing just that this weekend.

I spoke to aupostie before the game and his view was that once they had played us, their remaining games were more winnable. I think his players took him literally, as it looked to me that they couldn't wait to get this one over with.

Seen a couple of people refer to some sort of rumour regarding only one coming up from Step Six. Complete rubbish. If more clubs are relegated to this area then the extremities will be moved to other Step Five Leagues, Croydon, Wembley Alton, Horley etc. The same number of clubs are coming down as usual. Just because it's in our area doesn't mean that successful Step Six clubs will be penalised, especially when the Kent League has 17 clubs and the Sussex League has 20. All three will come up if their grounds are up to it.

Final word for Staines Lammas UTL. You should take a leaf out of redrup's book and have a little humility. Oh yes, also someone needs to introduce you to the concept of a League table as from where I'm sitting, Bedfont Sports will get out of trouble, Spelthorne will win the League by a street and Lammas won't go up, making you completely wrong on all three counts.

Great post Rich,of course Ash have winnable games they play the much improved of late Badshot Lea twice at home,will the Slough loanees play in these games,probably not.Common sense says the Landlords will prevail over the Groundsharers.Bedfont Sports are much improved of late,the New Manager has worked wonders,there is a good feeling around the Club at the moment,but on paper they have a very tough run in.It was however even tougher before last thursday,but 4 points off of Molesey and Windsor has certaintly helped the cause.Hope E&E put out their Youth players on Saturday,a la Hanworth Villa,be a nice gesture.

Am I wrong for have ambition and confidense in my team mates? You are right that redders is a baller, and he is the heart beat of lammas for last few seasons without that dog we would be poor.

Utility man you are obvious bitter about not playing. Ask yourself are you good enough kid? I think I and you no the answer. Like the way everyone is jumping on bandwagon cos we lost one game. You all dumb. I promise you we will end shitty spelthornes run, they ain't that good. Trust. Player for player we are better. Garanted. The bamfs, redders, stone, hodge, baker. All better dogs then anyone at spelshit. I reckon knob hill will beat them also. #UTL

I suspect that you may well be right about numbers for next season.  It is a fact though that were we to have more clubs relegated to us than are promoted to Step 4, which is only likely to be one, and nothing else happens, then the number of clubs coming up from Division One could suffer.

It is right in my view that clubs at or near the top of Division One should at least be aware of the possibility, however unlikely, and I certainly would not be sufficiently confident enough myself as to describe the possibility as rubbish.

They have already started the ball rolling in the Sussex League,by deeming that Rye Utd's ground was not fit for Step 5 level next season and they would be relegated.The F.A. work in mysterious ways,although thankfully Corinthian Casuals results have improved of late,so that will be less of a headache to solve.

Is the Staines Llammas Richard Butler the same Richard "nudge him and he will fallover" Butler that played for Wimbledon??

I suspect that you may well be right about numbers for next season. It is a fact though that were we to have more clubs relegated to us than are promoted to Step 4, which is only likely to be one, and nothing else happens, then the number of clubs coming up from Division One could suffer.

It is right in my view that clubs at or near the top of Division One should at least be aware of the possibility, however unlikely, and I certainly would not be sufficiently confident enough myself as to describe the possibility as rubbish.

So possibly a waste of a whole season for more or less every club in CCL Div1.

Great bit of grammar UTL! Lol! Rich had been quite injury prone for us this season Jertzee, always seems once he gets fit another injury comes quite quickly!! Oh and Kroons it wasn't a nudge from newby it was a tackle that injured butler!!! Cheers!!!!

With regards to Richard Butler, we never really noticed how much he fell over until he played for Staines Town in the play off final against Wimbledon and was falling over when some of our lightweights like Sam Hatton "knocked him flying". I think he spent more time on his arse than his feet, lol.

Still very popular though...

He played for Wimbledon aswell didn't he? He's a very clever player goes down a wins free kicks and pens all the time because he actually is as strong as an Ox on the ball.

Would like to add that Saturdays lost was Staines Lammas first defeat since 16th November in the league, when we lost at home to Sheerwater 2-3.

Just a freak day when we had so many players unavailable on the same day.

i resemble that.........

an kroons am i hearing right you were a named sub? now that takes me back to playing against you in the cambo sunday league lol

i resemble that.........

an kroons am i hearing right you were a named sub? now that takes me back to playing against you in the cambo sunday league lol

Happy Days Newby :)

Yes I was a named sub on Saturday for our Reserves.  I was there for emergencies only.  Fortunately for everyone there were none !