Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

August 2nd Results.

Smudge

Premier Div.

Ashford Town (middx) 1 v 2 Cove

Badshot Lea 1 v 1 Bedfont Sports

Farnham 0 v 2 Epsom and Ewell

Hanworth Villa 3 v1 Guildford City

Hartley Wintney 1 v 0 Colliers Wood

Knaphill 0 v 6 Camberley Town

Mole Valley 4 v 0 Westfield,anyone got John Comers number?

Raynes Park 2 v 1 Chertsey Town

Windsor 0 v 1 Spelthorne Sports

Division 1 Results

Alton Town 1 v 1 Worcester Park

Banstead 1 v 0 Cobham

Bedfont and Feltham 1 v 0 Sheerwater

Chessington and Hook 2 v 3 AFC Croydon Ath

Eversley 2 v 0 CB Hounslow

Farleigh Rovers1 v 1 Ash Utd

Sandhurst 1 v 0 Staines Lammas

Football Fans really make me laugh,you can normally tell how their Club got on,by the lack of posts on their Own forums/Twitter feeds,or if they win how great they were,Whyteleafe is silent!!!!

Will personally post my report on Farleigh Rovers v Ash Utd tomoz,shattered after having a great day out,with great people.

Written by Swifty from the Ashford Town blog

Here we go again?

Well, yes and no. Another defeat, but an unwarranted one. We should have won the game on chances alone, but this game will serve us well as an eye-opener for the season. We played well overall, but didn't make the most of our opportunities

Cove played some nice stuff, and defended doggedly at times, as well as 'mixing it' a bit. They weren't overly physical but made it difficult for us, and they let the ref know their opinions throughout out the game. We weren't helped by a poor decision by the ref just before half time, when Bitz was flattened from behind by Cove's Toby Jannaway. A tackle just above the foot with no intention of getting the ball, worthy of a red card, and he was allowed to stay on the pitch. I wonder what the two assessors made of it?

Cove took the lead in the 20th with a close range thumper from Callum Eagle. We deservedly got back on level terms when a beautiful defence-splitting pass by Tom Brunton was finished off with a belting finish by Bitz on the stroke of half time. Max Webb was very unlucky when a 25 yarder cannoned off the underside of the bar midway through the second half and, had that gone in, we may have gone on to win by a couple. Instead, a double howler by Russ and Tyler let Adam Everiss in with an easy tap-in with 15 to go. We tried hard to get back on level terms, but to no avail. The difference was that Cove had considerably fewer efforts on goal but took their chances well, something we've got to learn to do quickly.

The lads shouldn't be downhearted too long, though. It was an enjoyable game and a good effort all round, especially from Els, Bitz and Max, and Hughesy looked lively when he came on as sub. Plenty of positives from the performance. In a way, this result may do us a bit of good. It could be a steeper learning curve than we expected, but I'm sure we'll cope fine.

Football Fans really make me laugh,you can normally tell how their Club got on,by the lack of posts on their Own forums/Twitter feeds,or if they win how great they were,Whyteleafe is silent!!!!

Will personally post my report on Farleigh Rovers v Ash Utd tomoz,shattered after having a great day out,with great people.

The only good thing about yesterday's game was that it didn't piss down with rain. Both Windsor and Spelthorne were poor when it came to creativity and that is being generous. The visitors were very well organised and prevented any sort of chance on goal. You could have taken their keeper off at half time so easy was it for him. Their goal came from the tried and tested corner beyond the far post, nodded back across and easily put away. So basic that even Sunday pub teams don't concede goals like that. The officials were a complete joke. I hate to think how much experience the referee had as he looked totally out of his depth. Windsor's keeper ended up with two sets of stud marks on his shin. I wonder how that could have happened. 

Windsor's formation was totally baffling. 443 did not work. No one in this league is good enough to justify that formation as when we did get the ball forward, our players were easily outnumbered. In addition, why play players out of position? I don't get that one bit. It didn't work and it didn't change. Going into the last 20 minutes or so, we still refused to push both centre backs forward for set pieces. Not that it would have made any difference as the deliveries were shocking. I think a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result based on the poor attacking showing of both teams. Mid table mediocrity beckons certainly for Windsor on that showing. As for Spelthorne, they are very well organised and defensively tight. as for going forward, nothing at all to get excited about and I think they will struggle against the more physical teams in the league.

The only good thing about yesterday's game was that it didn't piss down with rain. Both Windsor and Spelthorne were poor when it came to creativity and that is being generous. The visitors were very well organised and prevented any sort of chance on goal. You could have taken their keeper off at half time so easy was it for him. Their goal came from the tried and tested corner beyond the far post, nodded back across and easily put away. So basic that even Sunday pub teams don't concede goals like that. The officials were a complete joke. I hate to think how much experience the referee had as he looked totally out of his depth. Windsor's keeper ended up with two sets of stud marks on his shin. I wonder how that could have happened. 

Windsor's formation was totally baffling. 443 did not work. No one in this league is good enough to justify that formation as when we did get the ball forward, our players were easily outnumbered. In addition, why play players out of position? I don't get that one bit. It didn't work and it didn't change. Going into the last 20 minutes or so, we still refused to push both centre backs forward for set pieces. Not that it would have made any difference as the deliveries were shocking. I think a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result based on the poor attacking showing of both teams. Mid table mediocrity beckons certainly for Windsor on that showing. As for Spelthorne, they are very well organised and defensively tight. as for going forward, nothing at all to get excited about and I think they will struggle against the more physical teams in the league.

Windsor's formation is baffling as your suggested system has 11 outfield players in it ! ha ha ! 

Smudge will of course be along shortly to moan about how Windsor always blame the officials when they lose.

Lazy Sod you didn't mention the disallowed goal - I guess the ref saw something we didn't.

And the bloody time wasting. Every team does it but as soon as Spelthorne scored their goal it was like they were in slow motion at times. Taking throws, goal kicks etc.... OMG.

And the ref never said a word.

Lazarczuk again showed his stupidity and petulance in getting a 2nd yellow for a terrible foul but it was brought about by the intense frustration of the incompetence of the ref, I am sure of that.

Sandhurst 1-0 Staines Lammas

Not the start we wanted, but I think we deserved at least a draw, Sandhurst scored a penalty despite missing the first two after Liam Stone pulled off two great saves but the Lino said he had moved off his line twice, shocking decision IMO especially the second penalty.

Poor game to be honest and officials were awful, good luck to Sandhurst for the rest of the season.

Smudge will of course be along shortly to moan about how Windsor always blame the officials when they lose.

Lazy Sod you didn't mention the disallowed goal - I guess the ref saw something we didn't.

And the bloody time wasting. Every team does it but as soon as Spelthorne scored their goal it was like they were in slow motion at times. Taking throws, goal kicks etc.... OMG.

And the ref never said a word.

Lazarczuk again showed his stupidity and petulance in getting a 2nd yellow for a terrible foul but it was brought about by the intense frustration of the incompetence of the ref, I am sure of that.

Rother, I assume you weren't watching from either the stand or behind the dug out?

Even the assistant said Laza got the ball, but, based on some of his other visual indiscretions he may have been wrong.

Really?

No, I was on the other side of the pitch where there was universal acceptance that it was a terrible challenge.

The fact he got a piece of the ball may have been of little relevance if it was considered he went in with an intention of taking the player as well, which is certainly how it looked to us.

Still, I wouldn't put it past Spelthorne to have made a lot more of it than was really there. The guy prone on the ground after we'd scored our disallowed goal was laughable.

Think you both could both  be right Rother and Mal,there is a great read on another forum Non League Matters about your game,under 'where did you go.He also mentioned the Bird excrement,needs removing from the seats in your stand.Feigning injury to get a player booked,and trying to con the Ref is on the increase in the CCL,

Think you both could both  be right Rother and Mal,there is a great read on another forum Non League Matters about your game,under 'where did you go.He also mentioned the Bird excrement,needs removing from the seats in your stand.Feigning injury to get a player booked,and trying to con the Ref is on the increase in the CCL,

Link please