Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 13th December Fixtures

The very poor referee's explanation was that he kicked out ,if that is the case he is the only one who saw it.

I will be critical of the referee as he was in my opinion out of his depth.He stopped play on three occasions when the opportunity to allow advantage and a run on goal was there.

None of us like card happy referee's but their are times when you need to get the message out that enough is enough. Honest Ref you do not get better marks from us for not taking appropriate action.

Before anybody jumps to conclusions I am an Ashford supporter so this is not sour grapes in fact I would say the two best Referee's I have seen this season were in two defeats for Ashford against Cove in the first game of the season and against Windsor a few weeks ago.

Edited by Pitbull

Can't see why Ashford player was a straight red from the video.

I think the Cove keeper will be disappointed with his display and conduct.

Can Ashford appeal the red card on video evidence? The referre explanation is that he's kicked out when it looks pretty clear he hasn't. If anything the Cove player is standing on his foot purposly.

The Cove keeper attitude for me was questionable and I'm not sure if he's been watching Neuer too much too as at times he was standing on the half way line? Despite this he made two great saves but also cost his team 2 goals in my opinion.

Overall I thought Ashford deserved the win but you can see why a Cove score so many late goals. They keep going to the very end and really did pile the pressure on at the end. I can't see Cove winning the league with that back four though. Mosely defence is the best I've seen this season and Cove are same way of that.

All to play for in the league now

There was no penalty cos there was no kick out,very dubious decision to send the lad off lets hope the powers that be view TRS's footage and see the ref made a feck up.

Could TRS claim expenses ?

:bolt:

I always understood the laws to state that a player will be cautioned if he persistently infringes the laws of the game. How many fouls did RPV's number 4 commit during the game? 10? 15? 20? Lenient isn't the half of it. And since when did referees march 9 paces to get players back 10 yards? I could understand it if he had legs like Naomi Campbell but he didn't.

As for the game, Windsor's defence was excellent throughout. To restrict a home side to about 2 shots on target all game speaks volumes. One of those attempts was brilliantly saved low down by the young Windsor keeper.

Lenient,heard him called many things but lean he aint lol,any comments Footy Mad  :D

Not me in the middle Smudge.

Thought he did ok ... some players make a fuss about nothing and others were a bit rash and then plead innocence .... all makes an officials job very difficult

Great game at Westfield for the neutral. 6 pointer ? Certainly had that feel about it. Ex FGFC player scored a hat trick for Westfield.

Apparently thats 10 defeats in succession for FGFC. They face tougher times ahead. 

Westfield will be ok if Mepham continues that form.

A great example of 2 good teams from last season being ruined by internal politics, 4th and 11th place finishes last year and both then sack their gaffers. Clueless committees again.

Glad you enjoyed it CM. Whereabouts were you stood during the game? If you're ever over at our place again, please make yourself known, although I'll be in the dugout for most of the afternoon!

Match report from our defeat at Badshot Lea is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN134.html

We played really well with a goal in injury time giving the score a flattering look.

Oh yes and we played 84 minutes of the game with ten men. No complaints, just saying that's why I thought we played well.

Also unfortunate that we had a 90 minute slog on a heavy pitch and Spelthorne had the day off. Who do we meet on Tuesday?? I think they call it the law of the sod!