Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday 11th August

duncs

Baggy Lea 4 Hartley 7 wow what a game for the neutrals,Hartley well organised and playing like a unit Baggy lea disjointed and at times chasing shadows,Ross Cook different class for Hartley and a joy to watch alongside Duffs,to Baggies credit they never gave up and Dan simmonds was excellent as was Matt Stamp when he came on,good luck to both teams and thanks for the entertainment.

Edited by duncs

Hayes 0-1 Villains

Baggies 4-7 Harts

Chessy 0-2 Ashford

Horley 2-1 Knappers

Redhill 0-1 Salts

Spelly 1-3 Cambo

Windsor 1-1 Bedfont

Cove 0-2 Westfield

CB Hounslow 1-0 Sheers

Cobham 3-0 Dork Wands Res

Sandhurst 2-2 Abbey

Tuesday 11/8/15 results

Premier Division

0 1 AFC Hayes v Hanworth Villa

4 7 Badshot Lea v Hartley Wintney

0 2 Chessington & Hook United v Ashford Town (Middx) (Samad,Bitmead)

0 2 Cove v Westfield

2 1 Horley Town v Knaphill

0 1 Redhill v Epsom & Ewell

1 3 Spelthorne Sports v Camberley Town

1 1 Windsor v Bedfont Sports

Division One

1 0 CB Hounslow United v Shearwater

3 0 Cobham v Dorking Wanderers Res

2 2 Sandhurst Town v Abbey Rangers

Went to Windsor v Bedfont last night. Decent game with honours even first half, thought Windsor shaded it in the 2nd but Bedfont held fast for a point

The Windsor assistant manager is a pain in the arse though with his incessant high pitched shouting, must have screamed 'move the ball quicker' at least 100 times

Windsor didn't do a full programme last night which I thought was a bit poor for the first game of the season but promised to do one for Saturday

Friendly welcome as always and nice to catch up with one or two old friends

I really enjoyed the game last night. I thought both teams tried to play the game in the right way with plenty of pass and move. Even the first half was absorbing although I seemed to be alone on that one from conversations at half time!

We are lacking a cutting edge at the moment but the new faces are settling in well, developing their understandings of each other's movement and (for me) without the whingers in the squad it makes for a more satisfying watch.

Somebody made the point to me that we might not have the individual quality we've had in recent times but this squad looks like shaping up into a proper team.

I agree.

Time will tell.

Horley Town 2 Knaphill 1

Good first half for us with Richard Wetton and skipper Adam Pullen scoring a great goal. Second half was different with knaphill being the better team getting a goal back and putting us under a lot of pressure.

Looking forward now to the FA Cup on Saturday.

Windsor certainly worked hard Rother as did Bedfonts defence in the 2nd half as Windsor piled forward

Not sure if he was carrying a knock or anything but I'd have stuck with Adam Turner up front for another 10 minutes at least as he was causing them problems in the air

Levi had a great first half but faded a bit in the second but still a good game to watch as it looked as if Windsor would get a winner but Bedfont broke fast on the odd occasion in the 2nd half as well. Fair play to both sides for an interesting game

Now if only we could get TT to shut up for 5 minutes :D

watched spelly vs camberley last night. cambo came flying out the blocks and were 2 up inside 15 minutes, spelly looked poor from previous seasons where theyve been compact and solid throughout. only staples, flatty an remedios from last year. until johnno came on in 2nd half did they really look like troubling cambo. ref was card happy last night but not consistant when a strong tackle i think was a red gave a yellow but lesser tackles got the same or unpunished. cambo very organised and look like the team that finished last season after they got thumped by horley.

The report from our win at Redhill is here:

http://www.eefconline.co.uk/Fix2015.16-8.html

A close battle that we just about shaded. A few half chances for each side but we made their keeper work harder and in Kyle Hough we have a striker in top form who took one of those half chances and scored from it. 

All of our suspensions from last season are finally cleared too now!

Windsor didn't do a full programme last night which I thought was a bit poor for the first game of the season but promised to do one for Saturday 

Start of the season is always difficult with people being on holidays - please remember that most editors at clubs are volunteers and have families to consider as well.  Having said that, the smaller than usual programme last night is still [in my opinion] better than many you will see this season and it was half the normal price to reflect the fewer pages on offer !   

Chessington & Hook 0 Ashford 2

From Ashford's web site

Created on Wednesday, 12 August 2015 10:22

Written by Brady

Ashford expected a tough match at newly promoted Chessington & Hook and that is exactly how it turned out. In the end it was a 2-0 victory and another three points the main difference between the sides being the precise finishing shown on two vital occasions by the Tangerines, along with the silky skills of Tom Brunton in midfield who was named “Ashford man of the match” by Ashford supporters, after providing two exquisite through balls for the goals.

Rainfall had not been anticipated but if fell throughout and on a glistening surface it made for an exciting match, although both sides often played it long when, certainly from Ashford’s point of view, it might have been better on some occasions to keep the ball on the ground. That said, there was rarely any time to dwell on it though as both sides seemed to relish the occasion in front of a three figure crowd.

Ashford took an early lead, on five minutes. Brunton, unchallenged, threaded the ball seamlessly through for Samad Kazi and his pace took him clear, before he deftly slid the ball past the generally excellent home keeper. Any ideas of an easy match were swiftly dispelled though and an absorbing match ensued.

So it continued with Chessington possibly enjoying greater possession overall but Ashford always looking that little bit more dangerous, especially when Mark Bitmead and Dan Fleming, both looking menacing, were in possession. The pace was unrelenting and it was a great relief for Ashford supporters when Bitmead finally clinched the match in the 84th minute. Brunton was again the provider and Bitmead produced a sublime finish, with a little dink over the keeper.

Ashford were finally able to relax slightly as Chessington realised their chance had gone but there won’t be many tougher matches this season. There were many positives for the Tangerines, not least the manner in which the various new boys have settled into the team and the squad. Two clean sheets in a row at this level is to be applauded and a special mention should go to Joe Robson who has slipped into the team almost unnoticed and looks to be quite an asset, especially last night when he had to drop into the right back position after Joe Green had to leave the field with a knock. Club captain Russell Canderton returned from the sub’s bench looking fit whilst Tyler Tobin in goal was back to his immaculate best and, all in all, Ashford, on the basis of the first two matches, and without getting carried away, look set for a decent season.

There is an immediate break on Saturday when Ashford will travel to Wellingborough Town of the United Counties League in the Extra-Preliminary Round of the FA Cup. It is a journey of around 71 miles but nothing we weren’t used to in our Southern League days. The players will have a mini-bus thanks to Wheels who have helped us out yet again and there will be more on the match in the next couple of days.

Start of the season is always difficult with people being on holidays - please remember that most editors at clubs are volunteers and have families to consider as well.  Having said that, the smaller than usual programme last night is still [in my opinion] better than many you will see this season and it was half the normal price to reflect the fewer pages on offer !   

Sorry Windsor Sec I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, glad there was a programme and yes there was some reading in it and  only a quid as well

To equal things up I must say that the cheeseburgers were bigger than at a lot of other grounds and very tasty too :)

Sorry Windsor Sec I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, glad there was a programme and yes there was some reading in it and  only a quid as well

To equal things up I must say that the cheeseburgers were bigger than at a lot of other grounds and very tasty too :)

When I first read that I thought it said that the cheeseburgers were bigger than other grounds.... ^_^

Edited by Ollers

against hanworth i heard there was a mass brawl cant elaborate as i dont know, just through the grapevine ive heard.........vs baggy lea

Edited by newby marvel

against hanworth i heard there was a mass brawl cant elaborate as i dont know, just through the grapevine ive heard.........vs baggy lea

I wouldn't say mass brawl, more like hand bags at dawn, if the officials would have been stronger in their 1st half decisions then nothing would have happened, game ended with both teams shaking hands, so all a bit of nothing !!!