Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Where are they now?

Raingod

• 4 weeks later...

I see that according to the Bostic league we acquired Brad Wadkins from the Met Police. Since they are not mentioned in any of the official reports I do hope that this isn't another admin c...up which comes back to bite us later!!!!

Also that Ben W-C has gone to Potters Bar. Whether permanent or loan yet another youngster obviously surplus to requirements.

The Met Police website before our Tues game said:

"Missing through injury, Alec Fiddes is cup-tied and Gavin James is needed for Slough Town’s game as they have just lost Brad Wadkins to our opponents Enfield Town.

I decided not to hold Brad’s registration until after the cup game as it would be unfair to Brad (although this may come back to bite me). We are very short of numbers due to the above injuries etc but we will be playing a very strong side with a view to progress to the semi-finals."

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see that Corey Whiteley made a permanent move this week from Dagenham & Redbridge to Ebbsfleet Utd for an undisclosed fee. Despite being player of the year last season he seemed to have fallen out of favour at Dagenham. Good to see Corey score on his debut for his new club yesterday even though he started on the bench.

• 2 months later...

Thought it worth a revival of this one!

Whilst I think Braintree only have 4 ex Towners remaining (plus the management!) - Nathan McDonald, Jon Muleba, Ricky Gabriel & Billy Crook - they deserve congratulations on reaching the National League South play-offs. They will face ex Towners Karl Oliyide and Scott Shulton at Hemel Hempstead Town - is Tyler still on loan from there too? Could be interesting....I saw one of their league encounters earlier in the season and it was quite feisty with Scott, of course, and Billy at the heart of it!

It must have been deja-vu  for Brad when they were recently deducted a point for fielding an ineligible player after it was discovered that the FA had two records for one player - one in the name of Marc-Anthony Okoye and one for Marc Okoye. Sound familiar? This time, though, the point deduction didn't cost them their play-off place. Perhaps the FA can use some of the money from the proposed sale of Wembley on sorting themselves out!

I see that Mark Kirby played for Haringey Borough yesterday, and Ralston Gabriel scored again, as they secured their own play-off place in Bostik North. Congratulations guys!

Corey's Ebbsfleet went out in their play-off at Tranmere yesterday in front of a crowd of nearly 9,000!

Billy Crook scored the goal today in a 1-0 win for Braintree to take them to a play-off final against Hampton & Richmond. 

I second that.

Although my congratulations are a little tinged with a little sadness. I feel regret that it could have been us had we committed ourselves to retaining the team last year by shown a little more ambition. But I'm afraid we will have to accept that the amount of success we have will always be governed by the state of our finances.  

Edited by 4wembleyfinals