Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Lowestoft

seemgee

You simply cannot base 'progress' on comparing two results this season to the corresponding games from last season. If you did this for every game, then you would get a fairer indication of where we are, and that is mid table compared to higher up as per last season.

The ref said afterwards that the Lowestoft player deliberately went across Sam Youngs path and tripped him which was a brilliant spot when all most everyone's attention was the play in the corner. 

Congratulations to those above who have managed to factor in some negative comments about Saturday's game, which was imo 95% dominated by ETFC. I mean really, complaining about the types of goals scored now in an attempt to create the negativity, is this what it has come to. Did you comment how unlucky the team was against leatherhead who scored a deflected free kick to hand them the win, probably not.

On the point about loan players, agree it is not the best scenario as they can be recalled as soon as they arrive, but sometimes things work out for the better, as I believe they did with Aaron Greene at the start of the season, wasn't he on loan from Chelmsford City.

Hm I see you joined this board in early February and have made 3 posts. Welcome to the forum and I hope that your future posts contribute to the friendly discussions that are usually made on this board.

Most posters write as they see it and do not see a golden horizon either passed or in the near future. Neither do they see doom and gloom everywhere. What I see is a team that is low to mid table who have made no progress this season and if there were 3 clubs going down would have been battling against relegation for most of the season.

As for the game; ETFC dominating a dour game for 95% of the time - you clearly saw a different game to me. What would your view have been if Joe Wright had let in the goal that the Lowestoft goalie conceded. One assumes that you did see the offence that led to the penalty and surely you agree that the team improved after the substitutions.

Board member on the forum! I've noticed quite a number of 'new' posters during this season who believe the club is the best thing since sliced bread and can do no wrong compared to other clubs. Let's smell the coffee. We are mid table and will stay mid table. Negative thoughts? No, realistic.

Three very different welcomes there. Thank you Steph1, isn't that what football is all about, everyone sees things differently and opinions are what makes forums and chats in the pubs great. The only point I was trying to make was that after (what I saw) a good performance and win why was there negativity about that performance. There have been plenty of poor games this season where the majority of comments are justified. I will only ever comment on what I see, not what I have heard or been told about. I can't really comment on their keeper as that's the only game I've seen him play this season so don't know if it's common for him to make ricketts like the first goal. I didn't see the penalty incident, like everyone else I think I'd followed the ball to the corner. The 3 subs did change the way the game was played against a tired opposition by that time and I think Hockney deserves a start.

Andyetfc, for the record I'm not a board member, I don't think the club is the best thing since sliced bread and I don't know that much about what goes on at other clubs, you're obviously much better informed than I am.

Lovely Stuff, thanks I'll bear that in mind when I read your comments. I, like Steph1, thought that I was contributing to a friendly discussion.

I thought this was a thread on the ETFC Lowestoft game ... we have discussed endlessly how disappointing this season has been... to me and the family members I went with and several supporters around me all thought it was an improved performance... as to whether it's a corner turned I doubt it because half the team probably won't be here next season anyway so I will enjoy the win and hopefully another on Saturday....

Still unable to attend matches, although I hope to be able to do do so sometime next month. During my period of absence I have enjoyed the reports and the many different views that have been expressed. From what has been written I feel Theo's comment sums up what I understand to be a fair analysis of the current position.

Having been one of the more out spoken critics of our playing set-up earlier in the season, in one of my last comments I said that I felt at the time we needed at least 50+ points to safely ensure our place in next years reconstructed league. I still stand by that so for me to read about last Saturday's win was a boost. No matter how it was  achieved.

That said I do hope that discussions are already in train with the Board regarding management for next year rather than waiting for this season to end. I also hope they also give us the courtesy of their decision before asking for further financial support by the members.     

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Three very different welcomes there. Thank you Steph1, isn't that what football is all about, everyone sees things differently and opinions are what makes forums and chats in the pubs great. The only point I was trying to make was that after (what I saw) a good performance and win why was there negativity about that performance. There have been plenty of poor games this season where the majority of comments are justified. I will only ever comment on what I see, not what I have heard or been told about. I can't really comment on their keeper as that's the only game I've seen him play this season so don't know if it's common for him to make ricketts like the first goal. I didn't see the penalty incident, like everyone else I think I'd followed the ball to the corner. The 3 subs did change the way the game was played against a tired opposition by that time and I think Hockney deserves a start.

Andyetfc, for the record I'm not a board member, I don't think the club is the best thing since sliced bread and I don't know that much about what goes on at other clubs, you're obviously much better informed than I am.

Lovely Stuff, thanks I'll bear that in mind when I read your comments. I, like Steph1, thought that I was contributing to a friendly discussion.

Steph said you had joined 'this board'.

I'm looking forward to seeing the team selection for tomorrow's game against Staines, especially the forward line. I'd like to see Dernell Wynter and Ryan Blake start. Would give us lots of pace going forward and will also force us to keep the ball on the ground. Good test of caliber/skill for the playmakers in the team (Youngs, Noto, Blackman, Campbell, Greene).

We should already be looking ahead to next season - hopefully management already has a good idea of those who they want to stay.

All to play for - season most definitely not over.