Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC V Haringay

Raingod

Won't be at the match today, so will be following the match via here and twitter - hopeful of another win after the last 3 performances.

- Haringay are struggling, plus no better time to play them - if I was one of their players I wouldn't want to risk getting injured and miss my chance of TV fame on Friday!

- Expect it to be a case of us having to break them down, and we need to play like we did against Whitehawk rather than Brightlingsea!

- Sam Chaney played for U23s in the week, so hopefully he will be involved in the squad today!

- Hoping for a comfortable victory with no injuries before the big FAT game at Basingstoke next week.

- Up the Town!

Assistant referee was late getting to the game so it was delayed by 15 minutes. Very good game which we managed to hold on for a 2-2 draw. I thought Haringay were the harder working team who could have scored more because we seemed unable to cope at times with their pace. However, one point with ten men is better than nothing.

A frustrating afternoon all round. Really enjoyed the 1st half performance and deservedly went in ahead at HT. The 2nd half was much more even and the sending off helped Haringey’s cause. Once again we persisted with stubborn tactics and left our substitutions far too late. Why wasn’t Mickey Parcell introduced as well? All things considered it was a fair result IMO but at half time, I would have expected us to have gone on to win the game. 

Have to agree CD regarding tactics. I certainly don't understand why we always adhere rigidly to only one man up front. It was apparent that Bricknell had to compete with a four man defence which, without support and very little help from the referee, allowed them too much lee-way in the ways they tried to nullify him. That being my greatest understatement of the week. !!!!!

I too was surprised to see Mickey Parcell left on the bench. It was also very early on that the pace shown by them down their right was their main threat and needed to be contain with similar pace. 

That said some of our passing moves, especially leading up to the first goal was excellent. Also Youngs and Johnstone made  exceptional contributions.

We also showed a lot more resilience when down to ten men than in previous seasons. None more so than Wright with his string of second half saves. All of which earned us a point even though the referee's added timekeeping took some understanding vis-a-vis  what was displayed to the crowd and what he allowed.  

By the way, did I imagine that I have read that the FA made a statement against mass appeals to referee such as that witnessed yesterday by the Haringey's team. I bet this was not mentioned in the his report.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Said before AL tactics and substitutions are almost set in stone.... Liam has now come on between the 65th and 83rd minute eight games on the trot.... the set up remains the same every game but that saying the manager was badly let down in the second half by some pretty awful crossing... most not even getting above waist high of the first defender.... there was panic every corner Boro had as opposed to our infuriating love for the short corner that inevitably breaks down....that said there was enough promise in the opening half that shows we can play good football with the formation we use... it's a shame we didn't sustain it....

22 hours ago, Stanners66 said:

Haringey! 

I also get annoyed by the reference to "Haringay". Haringay is an area of London bordered by Wood Green and Manor House. Haringey is a London Borough formed in 1964 by the amalgamation of Tottenhan, Wood Green and in particular Hornsey. Haringay was the border between Wood Green and Tottenham. The new administration decided to incorporate the "ey" of Hornsey so that the inhabitants of that borough would not feel left out.