Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thanks for everything Jim

Fat Tom Daley

I don’t know where to begin with this. Jimmy has put his heart and soul into this football club for a long time and it’s going to be very weird not seeing him in the dugout or hearing ‘man on’ coming from that direction. We’ve had our ups and downs as a club but I can’t begin to imagine the problems and issues behind the scenes of being a football manager especially at Hornchurch where one thing you can guarantee it’s never been boring. To me there’s been more ups then downs , the promotions and the ESL cup wins culminating in a promotion as champions in a difficult league to get out of and we all know the real reason why we got relegated  from the conference south. Jimmy has throughout acted with dignity and honesty  and has always tried to do the best for this club and I think there’s a lot of fans who are going to miss him. Good luck to Jimmy with whatever he’s does next - it will be good for him not to have to shoulder the burden of responsibility of football management and to be able to relax a bit more! 

I agree with the previous comments. Although I have been grumpy about style of play etc you cannot fault the dedication of Jim, Colin and others who have out their heart and soul into the club and if it had been for Jim and his team we probably wouldn’t have survived the troubles we encountered in the past. 

My best wishes to Jim. Put your feet up and relax and come back and enjoy the matches from the sideline when all you need to worry about is whether you have enough ketchup on your chips! Well done and good luck for the future.  

What can I say that's not already been said. It's with sadness i learned that Jim is going he has taken this club to winners of the league last season after his stroke. He is an example of politeness and true dedication i fully second what cup of tea has said. Going to miss you on the touchline Jim God bless and good luck for the future. Enjoy the rest 

Thank you so much Jim. So many memories of you as a player and a manager (the last minute diving header at Flackwell Heath will always be in mind!). Take a well deserved rest, and please stay involved in some capacity. It was a pleasure working with you mate. God bless

5 hours ago, kimbles left foot said:

The greatest manager this club has ever had and without him (and Colin) we may well be languasing in the the bottom half of the ESL or lower. Thanks for the memories Jim both good and bad, enjoy your rest...you deserve it.

The one thing I forgot to add (to my shame, thanks Kimble) - easily the greatest manager we’ve ever had 

A very sad day indeed. Jimmy has been paramount in all the success that this wonderful club have achieved over the years. There have of course been some downs ( not as many as Mourinho is experiencing ).  Thanks Jimmy and I hope you don’t become a stranger as you will always be part of the Hornchurch family.

I don't post much at all on here (!) but have to say a heartfelt thank you to Jim for all his dedication and hard work for so long. Through good times and bad he's been rock solid for us, and, as others have said, is a true gent. I hope he joins us on the Riverside in the not too distant future: I look forward to hearing him bellow "MAN ON!!!" from there. 

Archived