Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Can our three players compete with FC Manchester’s 23

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

Why don’t the club just let the supporters know... it’s pathetic really ... 

Because they make sure all the paperwork is done properly to avoid deductions later in the season.

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

Why don’t the club just let the supporters know... it’s pathetic really ... 

Come,come, Theo, we must all do what the nice man says. Go on Tuesday and see for yourself. You know as a shareholder in a Supporters owned club you must conform!!!! Goodness knows you will soon be asking for a say in how the club should be run. What ever next !!!! 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 minute ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Come,come, Theo, we must all do what the nice man says. Go on Tuesday and see for yourself. You know as a shareholder in a Supporters owned club you must do as you are told!!!! Goodness knows you will soon be asking for a say in how the club should be run. What ever next !!!! 

I'd prefer everything to be done to league and fa rules to avoid fines and deductions than to please keyboard warriors.

Oh dear, to think I have been accused on this forum in the past as being rather pompous. Nice to know I am not alone.

Like the phrase " Keyboard Warrior"  but a " geriatric one fingered keyboard warrior " would be more correct in my case.

Mentioning fines and deductions, it's a pity we weren't a little more astute in the past. As it happens I do have some knowledge of the machinations of the FA having been involved in the winding up of several football league clubs. I soon became quite critical of the ruling FA members, most of whom I would never have let any where near a commercial concern in which I had any association with. 

I am also, believe it or not, fully aware of the pitfalls of being a long standing chairman of a members funded sports club. If nothing else,  I found that if you kept members in the dark you will always be in conflict with them.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

But surely we have to have a balance between complete transparency and no info at all - if it's in any way detrimental to the club, I'm happy to not hear anything and in this case I'm perfectly willing to bide my time safe in the knowledge that we will get told what's going on when it's the right time to do so in the interests of the club.

There is of course the option of speaking directly to the manager / a board member / someone in the know - I'm not sure that you'll get the specific player info that you want, but you might get more of a reassurance than you will on here that we're actually not going to be starting against FCUM with just the 3 players. Taking this one step further, as a fans owned club, you could always volunteer to get involved in the PR side of things - I'm pretty certain that any offer of help from fans will be welcomed with open arms, and would be more constructive than being the above mentioned keyboard warriors (one finger or otherwise) ?

A real problem when someone has other things to do that get in your way.

Surely " MB" you meant to say  " It's a real problem......".  When trying to be brusque one sometimes are too abrupt so as to lose sense in the intend meaning, don't you think?. 

In answer to Barney, I agree that no one can expect every detail regarding the recruitment of players to be widely promulgated . But there are other ways of letting members know of  the clubs progress ie. a simple statement " that to date X number of players have already stated an intention to commit to the club for next season"  Even a nebulous announcement such as this would have stopped most of the disquiet shown on this forum. Of course it is of no consequence now because we have past the date of secrecy. One fact however, it is strange that when we were in a similar situation two years ago, announcements were being made almost minute by minute. What so different now?

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I think we have to accept the higher echelon of supporters will be told club information before the run of the mill supporters..It no doubt happens the same at most other clubs.Would be nice for a fan owned club to do things slightly differently,but hey ho.

Maybe the few who are aware of information or clubs news that not many others fans are privy to yet,get a bit of a kick out of it..Information is power after all.

This is mainly pre-season bluster though and my main concern remains making the top 5 this coming season.And playing good attractive football in doing so.

Edited by lovely stuff

? lovely stuff you cheered me up.... top 5 AND attractive football.... I’ve had all my optimism sucked out of me and I’ve turned into that grumpy old sod behind the goal who don’t stop moaning.... with such low expectations this year if we avoid relegation I will be satisfied.....

do you mean like this ??

We’re talking to a number of new signings and have agreed terms with a number of last season's squad, but we would prefer the protection of a signature before announcing these to you. Talking to the managers and chairmen of some of our rivals at the Isthmian League dinner last Saturday, it appears that lots of players at our level are understandably hedging their bets and wanting to explore all of their options before committing to a team for the season ahead. With the exception of Hornchurch, there doesn’t seem to be a huge difference between what clubs are able to offer players this summer, and that’s making for a very competitive market.

18 Jun 2019

OT, as I said earlier we are now where we are. Once the announcements are made the credibility the Chairman newsletter,part mentioned above, will become either reality or wishful thinking. I accept what he said at the time was what he truly believed. The outcome of the coming season will be judged upon the skills level of the players to whom he refers.

Whether these live up to LS's expectations we will have to wait and see. The club having come this far I do not think any of us can accept any further step backwards.  I do hope that the Board has made this clear to AL. 

Seems to me that there is some information on the website already for those on tenterhooks - the 5 pen pictures on scroll make a decent starting point for the squad ?. Let's see who else comes in.

Can't understand why people expect the info to be shared any earlier. Was no different in previous years. Let the management team get on with it - we will find out soon enough.

And now, back to the cricket and the women's World Cup .....

Funny that every year the same people make the same complaints and every year they have the same chance to get involved and try to get on the board and every year they don't leaving it to others. 

To be fair a fan owned club is different to normal clubs.Where every fan has one vote and everyone is equal.The club has the email address of every member.

I don't think it is fair to say you must be involved more than just going to matches and paying to be a club member in order to be kept up to date with the goings on at the club.Do we really have to go to watch training or apply to be on the board in order to be privy to information or gossip that a 1/4 of the fanbase already seem to be aware of?

But as i said earlier this debate happens every pre-season.Mainly because there is not much to talk about in the close season.