Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pred Lg; It's all about Dinamo Urchin - Wk 11 by 9 Nov, 15:00 pls

Jago

Excellent performance yesterday.   Very impressed with Micky Parcell (I was closer to him than normal due to the weather so maybe he’s always that good?) - but some very sound performances throughout.  Well done ‘Chins.

Meanwhile in the Prediction League it’s all about one man.  And for once that one man, sadly, is not me.  So it’s  ALL HAIL DINAMO URCHIN  (painful though that is to say).

In the 5 years that we’ve played to the current rules (yes there are some, snore), the highest EVER score is 17:  by Wivenhoe way back in 2015 and Luke last year.  And then, rather surprisingly, the Hatted One equaled this yesterday.

But all this pales into insignificance against the ASTONISHING 20 goals boshed in by our favourite Baggie.  Can I just point out that the maximum score is 25 – and for someone as consistently inept as Dinamo to score 20 is beyond the realms of a normal person’s comprehension.  We’re talking every result correct – and the attendance bang on.  I was so dumbfounded I decided to do some statistical research – which is why today's update is rather delayed.  If you can’t be bothered with miracles please skip down to the results below, but if you are more normal and still have a sense of wonderment that transcends the wonder of Brexit, please read on.

Since 2015-16 we’ve had a total of 1,961 predictions with an average (mean) score of 7.99 goals (let’s call it 8).  The lowest is 1 which we’ve had 8 times (never had a zero except for failures to predict), and the previous highest was 17 (3 times).  The graph below shows a pretty much “normal distribution” – and the 3 lots of 17 and 8 lots of 1 are absolutely to be expected out of 1,961 attempts.  For the statistically minded (so that’s me, Cuppa, Wivvers and The Salads) the Standard Deviation is 2.927.  If you look very closely at the chart you can see Dinamo's defining life moment just poking out above the "20".

image.png.3556e005db3a5bab1bb4585241157022.png

NOW – a score of 20 is 4.1 standard deviations above the mean <<KEEP AWAKE>> – which is (about) a 1 in 50,000 event.  As we have approx 400 to 500 individual predictions each year, Dinamo has just executed a one in a hundred years (plus) event As an individual it should, statistically speaking, be another 2,000 years or so before he repeats this! (OK – some rounding errors in there, but let’s not allow over-precision to get in the way of the story - it's close enough).

Any other news is frankly Dullsville Arizona, but if you are still awake, here it all is...  (oh, yeah, it's all getting rather tight at the top of Div 1)

UPMINSTER DIVISION

image.png.f7c53ae231551f63260658e473277ae2.png

image.png.87617481f2302674c5b240d7814fabba.png

THE DINAMO URCHIN IS A BI-MILLENNIAL SENSATION DIVISION

image.png.9ac2c94c67015ed24e07257546463b0a.png

image.png.dfcdd6983731d267674926261bb8c3d2.png

NEXT WEEK ...

image.png.9b467dede0e9cfb0f617d56aa81a2023.png

Please predict on :
WEEK 11 - By 15:00 on Saturday 9th November

Bayern Munich v B. Dortmund
Leicester v The Arse
Burnley Clarets v West Ham Blues
England Ladies v Germany Damen
Basildon v Urchins
Att :

All the very best to you all
Jago

Edited by Jago

Loving the graph Jago :) 

Please predict on :
WEEK 11 - By 15:00 on Saturday 9th November

Bayern Munich 2 v 1 B. Dortmund
Leicester 2 v 2 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 1 v 1 West Ham Blues
England Ladies 2 v 0 Germany Damen
Basildon 0 v 2 Urchins
Att : 140

Edited by cup of tea

Bayern Munich 2 v 2 B. Dortmund
Leicester 2 v 1 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 2 v 1 West Ham Blues
England Ladies 1 v 2 Germany Damen
Basildon 0 v 3 Urchins
Att: 141

Bayern Munich 1 v 2 B. Dortmund
Leicester 2 v 1 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 2 v 0 West Ham Blues
England Ladies 1 v 1 Germany Damen
Basildon 0 v 5 Urchins
Att :209

On 04/11/2019 at 08:26, Dinamo Urchin said:

1. Do I get to keep Baby Jago as a reward? - If you can get him to do his homework, yes.

2. Why didn't I do the lottery? - Because it's a tax on the poor (and/or delusional)...  Oh, hang on....     ?

Edited by Jago

Yes - I know Baby Jago has transgressed the rules by inserting blank lines.  I've had a word but feel an official warning is a little unfair on the wee lad (plus I'm scared of him - he's got that red-head temper thing). So he's had a pre-warning only.   I now await accusations of favouritism and nepotism from Mr One in Ten * 50,000 (Dinamo) and his sidekick, Hatted Tightwad.   * That's a rather good 1980's  Midlands reference for us old boys and frankly I deserve a "like".

Please note - this line feed business only seems to happen when you use Chrome on iPads (or maybe other tablets)- which is what B.Jago used (and Blackballed a few weeks ago) so please take care with that particular combination.  What's wrong with Safari anyway?

Enough wittering - here are the correct scores :

THE WIZZZARDS

Bayern Munich 2-1  B. Dortmund
Leicester  1-2 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 1-1 West Ham Blues
England Ladies 1-2 Germany Damen
Basildon 0-3 Urchins
Att: 161

Please note - this line feed business only seems to happen when you use Chrome on iPads (or maybe other tablets)- which is what B.Jago used (and Blackballed a few weeks ago) so please take care with that particular combination.  What's wrong with Safari anyway?

I know I may be opening myself for some abuse, but are you sure you mean me.

I only use Samsung and do not have anything by Apple as I feel they are a con.

Edited by blackballed

Bayern Munich 1 v 2 B. Dortmund
Leicester 2 v 1 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 1 v 1 West Ham Blues
Basildon 1 v 3 Urchins
Att : 163

17 hours ago, Jago said:

Yes - I know Baby Jago has transgressed the rules by inserting blank lines.  I've had a word but feel an official warning is a little unfair on the wee lad (plus I'm scared of him - he's got that red-head temper thing). So he's had a pre-warning only.   I now await accusations of favouritism and nepotism from Mr One in Ten * 50,000 (Dinamo) and his sidekick, Hatted Tightwad.   * That's a rather good 1980's  Midlands reference for us old boys and frankly I deserve a "like".

Please note - this line feed business only seems to happen when you use Chrome on iPads (or maybe other tablets)- which is what B.Jago used (and Blackballed a few weeks ago) so please take care with that particular combination.  What's wrong with Safari anyway?

Enough wittering - here are the correct scores :

THE WIZZZARDS

Bayern Munich 2-1  B. Dortmund
Leicester  1-2 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 1-1 West Ham Blues
England Ladies 1-2 Germany Damen
Basildon 0-3 Urchins
Att: 161

I'd understand this tightwad business if I had been down and refused to pay you. Instead, again, I find my reputation besmirched by the League Officials. The sooner we get Shaun Harvey in charge of this shambles the better.

I can confirm that Mr Jago spent several hours working on his graphs and standard deviation calculation; had I known this before I married him my life might have been very different. He loves his maths!

Bayern Munich 2 v 2 B. Dortmund
Leicester 3 v 0 The Arse
Burnley Clarets 1 v 1 West Ham Blues
Basildon 0 v 1 Urchins
Att : 155