Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC v Lewes

Disappointing result and performance last night. Whilst Lewes have picked up a few points since the recent appointment of a new manager, I thought that side last night were there for the taking. Yes, they had a very tall centre forward making his debut for them on loan who had a good game but I still felt they looked pretty poor overall.

Just watched Andy's interview and I agree with him that we seemed to drop off in performance level after the first 20 minutes. What surprised me though is that it seemed to me and others around me last night that we were crying out for more width to stretch the game wheareas Andy said they chose to make it more compact in the second half! All about opinions I suppose. I thought we had more success when Josh pushed further forward from left back, but a left footed player there might have produced better results.

Lots of games to come this month including 3 of the top 6. Crucial that we get a run of wins together if we're to push for that play-off place - last night didn't help.

Interesting to hear that we've signed Mo Faal's 21 year old cousin, a centre forward who's been playing in Germany. Looking forward to seeing him play if he's anything like Mo (or Joe Gomez!).

Although we played a bit better than the last time I watched them, I felt that Lewes would be the next team to score after the equaliser.  We really should have been 2-0 down before we scored when they missed a guilt edged chance.

What was disappointing was to here an ETFC player shout to Charles that he was a 'lazy c...'

i still don't think we are good enough to go anywhere this season.

Disappointing performance last night. The starting 11 looked strong on paper but we never got going. Too many aimless balls out of defence, constantly handing possession to Lewes. On the few occasions when we played the ball out from the back on the ground, we looked threatening but, apart from the first 15 minutes or so, there simply wasn’t enough movement off the ball. Having said that, I thought Ken Charles worked hard (I thought the incident Andy H mentioned in his post was aimed at another player). Billy had an off night.

Ryan Blackman has his critics and his recent red cards have been disappointing, but I think our midfield is stronger when he starts. I hope he gets the nod on Saturday.

This squad is good enough to compete for the play-offs but we can’t afford many more dropped points like last night. But we’re still in the mix which is no bad thing in early March.

4 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

Disappointing performance last night. The starting 11 looked strong on paper but we never got going. Too many aimless balls out of defence, constantly handing possession to Lewes. On the few occasions when we played the ball out from the back on the ground, we looked threatening but, apart from the first 15 minutes or so, there simply wasn’t enough movement off the ball. Having said that, I thought Ken Charles worked hard (I thought the incident Andy H mentioned in his post was aimed at another player). Billy had an off night.

Ryan Blackman has his critics and his recent red cards have been disappointing, but I think our midfield is stronger when he starts. I hope he gets the nod on Saturday.

This squad is good enough to compete for the play-offs but we can’t afford many more dropped points like last night. But we’re still in the mix which is no bad thing in early March.

Good to see you last night but the incident was directed at Ken Charles after he lost possession. Both myself and a fellow supporter remarked about it. It doesn't matter who it was directed at but it cannot help player morale. If we heard it then management must have done as well.

3 hours ago, andyetfc said:

Billy had an off night.

8 hours ago, Benjrider10 said:

gets his £650 a week just no £50 goal,bonus

9 hours ago, exiled down south said:

gets his £650 a week just no £50 goal,bonus

Is that right?

Still don't think we'll make the play-offs. If/when it becomes mathematically impossible I hope the Board see that as an opportunity. Can't imagine Billy will hang around for another season with his contract ending and I'd think others will have similar thoughts. So perhaps it is time for wholesale changes from the management and throughout the squad.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 11:21, AnfieldTowner said:

Interesting to hear that we've signed Mo Faal's 21 year old cousin, a centre forward who's been playing in Germany. Looking forward to seeing him play if he's anything like Mo (or Joe Gomez!).

where did you hear that not on web site ........yet

It was Andy Leese that mentioned it in the post Lewes match interview on #GoToTown - said he'd been training with us for a while but there had been a delay in obtaining international clearance. I thought he said that had now been resolved but I wonder if they're waiting for formalities to be completed before a formal announcement?

3 hours ago, AnfieldTowner said:

It was Andy Leese that mentioned it in the post Lewes match interview on #GoToTown - said he'd been training with us for a while but there had been a delay in obtaining international clearance. I thought he said that had now been resolved but I wonder if they're waiting for formalities to be completed before a formal announcement?

Waiting for everything to be completed is the correct way but not the forum way.

1 hour ago, MbrunoB said:

Waiting for everything to be completed is the correct way but not the forum way.

Quite.We don't want information normally kept within the inner-circle being known by the ordinary 'muggles'.?

On this occasion it was brought up by the manager on a public website,so is probably fair game to be discussed on the forum.

Archived