Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

SSML Shutdown

I can actually understand the decision, but doesn’t mean it’s any less disappointing. Let’s be honest we’ll never likely get to the challenge trophy final again.

Also can’t believe the FA proposal is to continue with their own competitions whilst wiping out every other one.

Once again non league has been shafted nuts deep, with no lube! Nothing about the professional league games being called null and void! Those imbecilic clowns at the fa are too scared to say EVERYTHING is called to a halt. Toothless and full of incompetent arses. Rant over!

3 minutes ago, Step 7 Jim said:

Once again non league has been shafted nuts deep, with no lube! Nothing about the professional league games being called null and void! Those imbecilic clowns at the fa are too scared to say EVERYTHING is called to a halt. Toothless and full of incompetent arses. Rant over!

Totally agree. Jersey and Vauxhall Motors has already secured promotion mathematically! I assume if the season doesn’t count all match official fees, fines etc... will be returned...

1 hour ago, Munchkin said:

I can actually understand the decision, but doesn’t mean it’s any less disappointing. Let’s be honest we’ll never likely get to the challenge trophy final again.

Also can’t believe the FA proposal is to continue with their own competitions whilst wiping out every other one.

Gutted for you mate. The lack of thought for grassroots is stark and disappointing. It’s a tough situation but this feels like an easy way out. I can see some clubs ceasing to exist. 

1 hour ago, Savagebee said:

R.I.P. The 2019/20 season :shakehead:

Savagebee - Sadly you're right, I think we were hoping otherwise but just delaying the inevitable ?. I see from the detailed article below that the planned implementation of the restructure of the National League System has been deferred until the 2021/22 campaign however, apparently, the door is still open to the Semi Finals and Finals of the FA Vase and FA Trophy being played:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/29763/coronavirus-battle-all-football-below-national-league-to-end-now/?utm_medium=onesignal&utm_source=push_notifications&utm_campaign=web_push

Edited by Rhodes

I'd already got an extension to the end of June to complete my Competition's fixture.

I suppose I'd better hand it back.

Foe what it's worth, I would play the Cups of the SSMFL to a conclusion in August.

There is some hard hitting stuff going on on another Forum at present, you need a workman's tin hat if you dare to click on the link below:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-6

It's tyranny of the majority, essentially. The majority of clubs had nothing left to play for and minimal chance of promotion so they were happy to screw over the ones that did in order to save themselves from relegation and/or avoid having to think about imaginative solutions, like tinkering with player registration rules to avoid having to renew registrations over the summer.

4 hours ago, Step 7 Jim said:

:thumbsup(2):

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:52, Rhodes said:

There is some hard hitting stuff going on on another Forum at present, you need a workman's tin hat if you dare to click on the link below:

There continues to be some really hard hitting stuff on another Forum and it's pretty much all doom and gloom, take this post for example, make of it what you will:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/

I think it highly unlikely that non-league football will be able to resume in August, in fact next season might have to be written off too. My personal preference would be to decide leagues on points per game, although whether there is any promotion or relegation is a different matter. I suspect relegation will be irrelevant as so many clubs will go bust, due to the closure of their club house or bankruptcy of their major benefactor.
I also think that very few clubs will be able to pay players next year so many players will not bother playing, causing a shortage of players of a reasonable level willing to play for nothing.
This could be the end of the pyramid system as we know it. Anyone who expects football at any level will just carry on as before in August or whenever is being extremely naïve.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There continues to be some really hard hitting stuff on another Forum and it's pretty much all doom and gloom, take this post for example, make of it what you will:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/

I think it highly unlikely that non-league football will be able to resume in August, in fact next season might have to be written off too. My personal preference would be to decide leagues on points per game, although whether there is any promotion or relegation is a different matter. I suspect relegation will be irrelevant as so many clubs will go bust, due to the closure of their club house or bankruptcy of their major benefactor.
I also think that very few clubs will be able to pay players next year so many players will not bother playing, causing a shortage of players of a reasonable level willing to play for nothing.
This could be the end of the pyramid system as we know it. Anyone who expects football at any level will just carry on as before in August or whenever is being extremely naïve.

Yep it wouldn't surprise me I'm afraid :shakehead:

20 hours ago, Savagebee said:

Savagebee - Many Club's are desperately unhappy that the FA called a halt to the campaign so early and declared it null and void, this is very much a shared view from former SSML Club Risborough Rangers and I posted a similar statement from the Biggleswade United Chairman earlier:

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:03, Savagebee said:

Savagebee - The latest news bulletin is quite depressing isn't it and worrying, they reckon we will be another Italy and Spain very shortly so unfortunately the beautiful game is going to be the last thing on people's minds:

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 18:52, Rhodes said:

There is some hard hitting stuff going on on another Forum at present, you need a workman's tin hat if you dare to click on the link below

There is no let up whatsoever on the debate on another Forum and I am about to slit my wrists with a kitchen knife reading it:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-17

All the above is for nought unless the economy is kick-started again by July at the latest.
Failing that then we could be facing a world depression of an unfathomable magnitude,
with football and other sport the last thing on people's minds...

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

There is no let up whatsoever on the debate on another Forum and I am about to slit my wrists with a kitchen knife reading it:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/season-2019-20-over.1170/page-17

All the above is for nought unless the economy is kick-started again by July at the latest.
Failing that then we could be facing a world depression of an unfathomable magnitude,

Promises, promises. ?

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

The NLM Forum is to hard core for me :icon_lol:

2 hours ago, petethegreek said:

Promises, promises. ?

You would certainly like me out of your hair wouldn't you as you hate being held to account with your close and somewhat shady links to certain Club's, I still cannot believe that you were allowed to Officiate on St Panteleimon and New Salamis games this season

42 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

You would certainly like me out of your hair wouldn't you as you hate being held to account with your close and somewhat shady links to certain Club's, I still cannot believe that you were allowed to Officiate on St Panteleimon and New Salamis games this season

That puts you in a minority of one. ?

There is further debate on another Forum, this time on a thread entitled 'Results Expunged - Why Did They Say That', they meaning the FA. Come to think of it why did they, it means that the last seven month or so, since we kicked off the campaign on Saturday 3 August last year, have been a total waste of time:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/results-expunged-why-did-they-say-that.1198/