Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hi all non league footy surporters

old towner

this is not just for us towners but non league supporters as well

I hope you all are keeping well under the lockdown we are in lets hear from you all how your doing any gossip from YOUR teams we could be like this for a while

ive been sent home from my job for a minimum of 3 weeks and it an't nice but keeping well

Hi OT, glad to hear you're keeping well.  Currently in the same position as you, work shut down temporarily.  I can do a  limited amount of work at home, which I am trying to space out. The main highlight of my day is planning a new route for my Government-approved daily exercise - luckily there are some nice tree-lined avenues around here.

Don't think you'll get much club gossip right now  TBH,  but it would be nice to hear how everyone else is doing

Still working at the moment as we supply a lot of NHS and other government departments.

As I'm an outsider, I thought I'd add my experiences.

At 72, I'm technically 'At Risk' and under house arrest.  I do take a short walk each day to get my excercise up to the corner shop for 'essentials'.

My wife and I tend to watch all the old films and repeats on TV into the early hours, so rise late in the day.

We’re under strict curfew in Riyadh. Nobody outside between 3pm and 6am next day. From next week, will work mornings in office and afternoons from compound.

Enjoying watching the ETFC highlights from seasons gone by on YouTube! And still recovering from daily “PE with Joe” sessions .....

As a diabetic I'm defined as 'vulnerable' even if I don't feel it. Living between Grovelands and Oakwood Parks I have plenty of choice for my exercise. I also have three supermarkets within a 20-minute walk so I can get a bit more exercise visiting them in turn to see if the panic-buyers have left anything I need on the shelves.

Today is my father's 89th birthday - many you will have met him at games at Bury Town, Lowestoft , Needham Market or Leiston - and for the first time since he and my mother moved to Ipswich we haven't been able to get together to mark the occasion. That's the sort of thing that brings home the situation we're in.

Interesting to hear how others are coping with the situation we all find ourselves in. I'm normally a homeworker, so not much change there, but it's a lot harder to balance work with having our 21 month old charging around the house and demanding constant attention. My wife is a primary school teacher, and is expected to attend work 1 day every 2 weeks to support the 5 or so key workers' children that her school now has regularly attending, so that's another challenge for us to manage. She's also having to set work on a daily basis, and call all children in her class once a week.

All in all, I can't really complain, and I know that there are many others that are in more difficult situations with more upheaval from their normal lives and routines than us. We've found that doing a family walk as our daily exercise is something to look forward to, although my daughter doesn't quite get the concept of social distancing, wanting to get up close and personal with every person/dog/inanimate object. I've noticed that near enough to a person, everyone we see is much more friendly and willing to engage when out and about (whilst still sensibly distancing). I'll be going out to do our weekly shop later today, which should be interesting - I'm also shopping for my parents who are in an age bracket that makes them more vulnerable.

We've found that video conferencing is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, and in some cases we're having more social contact with friends that aren't local than we would do normally.

Lastly, I wish all Non League fans (and anyone else that stumbles across this thread) all the best. Things are difficult and will be for some time, but there will be an end to this - in the mean time, do your best to stay positive, assist others as much as you can without putting yourself at additional risk and keep safe ?

Even for me, having been retired for 20 odd years, my life hasn't change a great deal other than the self isolation. But there is one thing that is becoming evident from my daily walks. That is the great spirit of all the people I pass, at a safe distance of course. It is almost back to my younger days when you always got a halo and smile from people you even didn't know. It reminds me of the family who looked after me as a evacuee during WW2. It certainly has the feeling of we are " all in this together ".

What ever happens in the next few months I hope this attitude carries on. In the meantime I hope you all will remain safe and that we soon see this thing through.

I must admit I am missing the football but its the right decision to write the season off .. Hopefully its a lesson for the world to learn and adapt to . I am still working albeit on reduced hours so its not that tedious for me . Looking forward to renewing rivalries next season with you Townies and to turn the tables next time . 

Archived