Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Keep the banter going

On 10/02/2021 at 20:59, Rhodes said:

I remember having a huge row with my girlfriend of that time because she wanted to go back to our hotel at the end of the second match at the Brian Wakefield Memorial Ground where Pelican lost 2-1 to Dinnington Town. But I told her there were three further matches to go and we had to complete the world record. She subsequently disappeared in a taxi. Strangely enough, that was the last time I ever saw her.

?

• 7 months later...
On 13/01/2021 at 23:24, Joes said:

Cheers for the question, always happy to have communication, so long as it stays on the side of positive, keep in touch

Now Joes has very sadly departed Bell Close after three exciting years in charge I wonder if he will come on to this thread he created and tell us why he decided to go, was the decision triggered at beleaguered Oxhey Jets this afternoon where Leighton Town were 2-0 down before 'Webby' missed a last minute penalty to make it 3-2. There is no announcement as yet on the Club's website or twitter page, possibly and hopefully leaving Joes open to a change of heart if his decision was made in the heat of the moment as he loves the Cub and everyone loves him.

1 hour ago, Rhodes said:

Now Joes has very sadly departed Bell Close after three exciting years in charge I wonder if he will come on to this thread he created and tell us why he decided to go, was the decision triggered at beleaguered Oxhey Jets this afternoon where Leighton Town were 2-0 down before 'Webby' missed a last minute penalty to make it 3-2. There is no announcement as yet on the Club's website or twitter page, possibly and hopefully leaving Joes open to a change of heart if his decision was made in the heat of the moment as he loves the Cub and everyone loves him.

To be honest with the squad they’ve assembled, they’ve been poor this season. Shame as they were very good in the 2 shortened seasons. Nice bloke Joe, faced him at Abbey Road when he was Chesham Reserves manager. Simple fact is though results have been poor this season.

• 1 month later...
On 09/10/2021 at 23:23, Rhodes said:

Now Joes has very sadly departed Bell Close after three exciting years in charge I wonder if he will come on to this thread he created and tell us why he decided to go

The silence is deafening from Joes isn't it, he must have plenty of time on his hands these days as he is not in work. It's still a complete mystery as to why he just walked away from Bell Close after that 2-2 draw at Oxhey Jets despite his bizarre explanation on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show the day after. 'His' team have won every game since he left, other than the 1-1 draw at Dunstable Town, and Paul Bonham must surely be thinking Christmas has come early to walk into the job and with what he has inherited, hopefully Paul, being the gentleman he is, won't take all the credit for himself if, as fully anticipated, Leighton Town win the Championship and return to Step 4. One good thing to come out of Joe's sad departure, if that's possible, is the great appointment of Ant Christophi who deserves some success in his career so far, a truly nice chap.

Edited by Rhodes

4 hours ago, Rhodes said:

The silence is deafening from Joes isn't it, he must have plenty of time on his hands these days as he is not in work. It's still a complete mystery as to why he just walked away from Bell Close after that 2-2 draw at Oxhey Jets despite his bizarre explanation on Ollie Bayliss's BBC Three Counties Radio Non League Show the day after. 'His' team have won every game since he left, other than the 1-1 draw at Dunstable Town, and Paul Bonham must surely be thinking Christmas has come early to walk into the job and with what he has inherited, hopefully Paul, being the gentleman he is, won't take all the credit for himself if, as fully anticipated, Leighton Town win the Championship and return to Step 4. One good thing to come out of Joe's sad departure, if that's possible, is the great appointment of Ant Christophi who deserves some success in his career so far, a truly nice chap.

Have you seen the table? Leighton ain't going to win the league, it's Risborough's to lose (and they are much better imo).

Think player power might have played a part in Joes departure, he subbed the number 7 in his last game at Jets (possibly the captain from memory?) and he petulantly stormed off. An hour later word came the boss had gone.

56 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Can Risboro go up?

I had ruled out Risborough Rangers for promotion because I don't believe they can get a Step 4 ground grading which just leaves New Salamis as possible contenders and competition for Leighton Town, Harpenden Town are likely to fall away soon and, again, Rothamsted Park surely wouldn't meet Step 4 requirement.

2 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Think player power might have played a part in Joes departure

View from the Boundary - Do you really think so, Joe was idolised at Bell Close by everyone and especially the players.

Edited by Rhodes

2 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

View from the Boundary - Do you really think so, Joe was idolised at Bell Close by everyone and especially the players.

Just telling you what I saw. The player concerned threw a right strop, was very unprofessional, kicking the dugout, ripping his shirt off then marching off round the perimeter of the pitch to the tunnel on the opposite side. Might not have been anything to do with his departure, I don't claim to have the inside track.

• 3 months later...

FirstIy, Joes never came back on did he, is he stiII out of work after so surprisingIy waIking away from BeII CIose. SecondIy, rather than start a new thread on Penn & TyIers Green, onIy for it to be deIeted by karen if they Ieave the League, there's an interesting thread about them on another Forum, I'm surprised karen hasn't got invoIved in the discussion with aII her inside knowIedge about CIub's:  

Question re Penn & Tylers Green FC | NonLeagueMatters Forums