Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carshalton Ath. v Enfield Town

seemgee

Well, well, well, what an excellent result, and a great start to the new season. After all the gloom and despondency over our early pre-season friendly results, Town have shown today what they are capable of, in a tough away opening fixture. The result is not totally unexpected, as those of us, among the 214, who attended the Grays match last Saturday, saw a very encouraging performance, and some talented new signings. Our team deserved their win, it was a morale-boosting, encouraging display, and clearly our players carried that forward today. 

Praise where it is due to Andy Leese and our players on our win today, which places us second in the Table, just behind Cheshunt on goal difference. Let's have a 'BIG' turnout next Saturday at the QE2, when we entertain Brightlingsea Regent, who also won today, in our first home League fixture of the season. If you haven't managed to get along to the pre-season friendly matches, now is the time to come along and support our guys in the serious business. Look forward to seeing you there !

Meantime, enjoy this win today, and well done to Andy and his players, they did us proud this afternoon.

'UP THE TOWN'

Sorry I couldn’t make the game yesterday (Stuck on a Brecon Beacons trip, lovely weather for it)

Looking at the pictures and fan footage it appeared a great away day was had by the Town Faithful.

It’s also disappointing that the keyboard warriors who have done nothing but moan and groan about the slightest Club/Management methods are silenced when the team have provided much to make noise about.

anyone at the game who can give a proper accurate and realistic analysis of how much we deserved the win? 

im really looking forward to our first home league game of the season next week v’s Brightlingsea, hopefully the start of my first full season of following the Town without any curtailment 

2 hours ago, djwilf said:

Credit where it's due.

More surprised than anything as know we usually get very little down at Carshalton.

Look forward to next Saturday now,  

Yes, much to look forward to at next Saturday's home match djwilf.

Bit surprised that nobody has touched on Mo Faal's goal-scoring contribution since his return to Town. Two goals yesterday, three against Grays, five in two matches, what a start to the new season! Well done Mo, keep banging them in fellah !

I think a fan has to try and be realistic - it's not easy I know. Don't get too excited, think longer term. I will be more convinced with a assured victory against Brightlingsea. I was at the match and was ecstatic with the victory but lobbing the ball forward for Mo to run on to is not always going to be the solution. The Carshalton defence were not good enough to cope with the straight bounce off the artificial pitch giving the chance for Mo to latch on. Our defending for the two Carshalton goals was poor (see the highlights) - two crosses, from both wings, and two headers unmarked in the centre of the goal. Our first goal was a one in a million fluke. Any coach worth his salt will address the Mo threat and then you've got a different game ( I'm not giving anything away). Without Mo we are an average Prem league side - be warned. I can't see Andy changing tactics (which he's admitted) because he doesn't have a choice. Some great games coming up including Folkestone away and the a home derby with Chesthunt on bank holiday Monday.