Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

De ja vu

Oh well the play offs are not for us never really got going Lewwis straight red didn't help but oh ref blatant pen for us on another day who knows,we dust ourselves down we go again,guys win the league to save us all this agg up the Urchins 

Naive, we should have known how Aveley fall over at every minute, the red was a red and made it easier for The Millers.

Poor ref, every 50/50 went Aveley's way and we received a card. Aveley's tactics time waste, time waste, time waste.

Although sad about the result, we regroup, bring some fresh blood in and go again. 

Can’t keep blaming refs, thought she got most decisions right. Losing one play off final is fair enough but losing two shows that something is wrong. We’ve played Aveley 3 times this season, we have played the same way in all 3 games and they find it so easy to defend against, I would if I was 6ft 4 and it was hoofed in the air!!! People like to defend these players and the manager all the time but for how long? Stimson doesn’t have a plan B, he’s far too stubborn to change it up even though Aveley have had our number all season. The result was far too predictable, all well and good beating cray who make it an open game, when teams like Canvey and Aveley defend like they do, he doesn’t have a clue 

Thought we did well just to even get to the final, could've lost to Cray in normal time. Didn't think we were that unlucky today either. I feel we need to look a class above the better teams in our league too if we want to go up and then maintain national league status. I'm disappointed and it would've been nice to have a proper change of teams we play in the league.

We were poor today, but we've been poor for 2-3 months now and during that time have just resorted to launching aimless balls from the back up to the strikers.

We struggled at the end against Cray because they were fitter and more mobile.  We couldn't change the way we played then because we had no options on the bench - no Muldoon to step into midfield to replace the tiring Christou/Spence and no Ola to give us different options running wide.

So, this time around, what do we do.  Either through stubbornness, arrogance or total ineptitude we put out exactly the same 16, showing we learnt nothing from the Cray game.  We had no control in today's game and our only tactic again was to launch hopeless balls forward and hope something dropped for us.  It didn't. And yet again, when we needed to change the approach we couldn't, because we had no options available to make that change. 

It's the chairman, vice chair and directors I feel so sorry for - all the investment they've put into this club yet they have to watch the management fail to deliver yet again through repeated bad decisions.

oh dear, where to even start?

For the second season in a row, we go through the heartache of losing a play-off final. I don't think we did badly however the sending off didn't help. Unlike Lewwis to make such a tackle, but they happen!

While I'm all for the women's game and women officiating, the same ref, fell for the same Aveley antics the same as the league game at our ground. Would love to know who picked her and if there's any truth in how "friendly" she is with Aveley.

She needs to be looked into!! 95% of the decisions was Aveley, blatant penalty for Hornchurch turned away, the smallest of fouls, she blows up and Aveley's way!

I'm concerned as to where this club want to be heading? Definitely feel that things could do with a freshen up, and this needs to start from board level. Get rid of the dead wood as I don't, and I'm sure other may agree, that the last thing we want is to see this club drop! Let the manager make the signings, with in reason, to get Hornchurch out of this league before its too late! As next season is going to be tougher than the one just finished!

3 god awful subs killed the game - before that with 10 we were still in with a chance. Granted Ade failed to turn up again....but to take off 50+ goal strikeforce when chasing a game is unforgiveable.

The board have backed Stimson incredibly well and yet he has failed to deliver this season with the main ambition being promotion,...thanks for the cup memories Mark but you need to go.

Fresh ideas/squad need to happen sooner rather then later

12 minutes ago, kimbles left foot said:

3 god awful subs killed the game - before that with 10 we were still in with a chance. Granted Ade failed to turn up again....but to take off 50+ goal strikeforce when chasing a game is unforgiveable.

The board have backed Stimson incredibly well and yet he has failed to deliver this season with the main ambition being promotion,...thanks for the cup memories Mark but you need to go.

Fresh ideas/squad need to happen sooner rather then later

Harsh and not entirely fair regrading Mark.

If Mark cant make the signings he wants because certain people from above don't allow it, then its not his fault?! I'm sure Alex doesn't put 300k into this club for no reason!

8 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Harsh and not entirely fair regrading Mark.

If Mark cant make the signings he wants because certain people from above don't allow it, then its not his fault?! I'm sure Alex doesn't put 300k into this club for no reason!

I believe our budget to be extremely competitive - just how many other clubs have purchased players in our league this season? not many that's for sure.

You lost me on your last sentence, what do you mean? Stimson has clearly been backed massively this season

Sadly it's a results business with an objective of promotion and he has failed this twice

56 minutes ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

While I'm all for the women's game and women officiating, the same ref, fell for the same Aveley antics the same as the league game at our ground. Would love to know who picked her and if there's any truth in how "friendly" she is with Aveley.

She needs to be looked into!! 95% of the decisions was Aveley, blatant penalty for Hornchurch turned away, the smallest of fouls, she blows up and Aveley's way!

I agree. Any decent ref, would have realised Aveley's play acting prior to the whistle. However to receive two yellow cards in the first five minutes to the top goals scorers does seem a bit dubious. How every 50/50 decision seemed to go Aveley's way and our players were carded. The red for me was the right decision. The shout for the pen was a good shout and then the lack of card following the tackle on Ade just summed up the refs display. Oh well......!

1 hour ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

I agree. Any decent ref, would have realised Aveley's play acting prior to the whistle. However to receive two yellow cards in the first five minutes to the top goals scorers does seem a bit dubious. How every 50/50 decision seemed to go Aveley's way and our players were carded. The red for me was the right decision. The shout for the pen was a good shout and then the lack of card following the tackle on Ade just summed up the refs display. Oh well......!

Aveleys Coach.

As long time Urchin fan have to admit we seem to be out on our legs when it mattered still believe we're ambitious but some energetic young blood needed,  only a few mind you to get us to the next level,up the Urchins 

Losing 2 home play off finals in a row is horrible but I still feel we've got the right management team - I think we need to be stopping attacks, trying to win the ball like we have been doing in our play off games when we play our normal league games - the extra effort will win us more matches and hopefully next year the league.

The substitutions baffled me. Take off the leagues top goal scorer and bring his son on to head fresh air. Ade started to look dangerous for once, blatant penalty turned down, winning free kicks around the box and then he was hauled off.  No one was getting near either of the 6ft plus centre backs. Why not change tactics instead of constant long balls? Clearly wasn't working. 

Sending off was stupid. No need for it especially in such a big game. 

Agree with Kimble that there needs to be fresh ideas.

1 hour ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

oh dear, where to even start?

For the second season in a row, we go through the heartache of losing a play-off final. I don't think we did badly however the sending off didn't help. Unlike Lewwis to make such a tackle, but they happen!

I'm concerned as to where this club want to be heading? Definitely feel that things could do with a freshen up, and this needs to start from board level. Get rid of the dead wood as I don't, and I'm sure other may agree, that the last thing we want is to see this club drop! Let the manager make the signings, with in reason, to get Hornchurch out of this league before its too late! As next season is going to be tougher than the one just finished!

Yeah Sam's booking in the first 2 mins. Aveley get a free kick. Sam kicks the ball back to where the free kick should be taken, hits the player who's already rolling around on the ground and who appears to be in agony on the head, all the Aveley players jump up and down in protest and the player on the ground starts clutching his head like he's been hit with a crowbar.

Very disappointed that the referee fell for that.

4 hours ago, andydick said:

We were poor today, but we've been poor for 2-3 months now and during that time have just resorted to launching aimless balls from the back up to the strikers.

We struggled at the end against Cray because they were fitter and more mobile.  We couldn't change the way we played then because we had no options on the bench - no Muldoon to step into midfield to replace the tiring Christou/Spence and no Ola to give us different options running wide.

So, this time around, what do we do.  Either through stubbornness, arrogance or total ineptitude we put out exactly the same 16, showing we learnt nothing from the Cray game.  We had no control in today's game and our only tactic again was to launch hopeless balls forward and hope something dropped for us.  It didn't. And yet again, when we needed to change the approach we couldn't, because we had no options available to make that change. 

It's the chairman, vice chair and directors I feel so sorry for - all the investment they've put into this club yet they have to watch the management fail to deliver yet again through repeated bad decisions.

👏🏼 👏🏼 👏🏼 

We did not get promoted because if today’s result, it was over the last 2 months throwing away a large points margin. the title was in our hands and we let it go.

from what I have seen of the games we have changed the way we play , it’s long ball after long ball and hope for something. Dikko up front is at he best when running into through balls all I see is him trying to win headers with back to goal. Nashey was wasted out wide put him in the middle  receive the ball to feet and turn play those balls turn their defence.

Then have pace on both wings stretch the game make space, overlaps didn’t see one overlap in either game that I recall.

the list goes on……

As painful as it was to admit to myself as soon as we went behind I knew we would lose.

It’s now upto the owners to make tough decisions and if they keep the current management then for them to make some tough decisions as if we continue to play the way we have nothing will change.