Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

De ja vu

19 hours ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

oh dear, where to even start?

For the second season in a row, we go through the heartache of losing a play-off final. I don't think we did badly however the sending off didn't help. Unlike Lewwis to make such a tackle, but they happen!

While I'm all for the women's game and women officiating, the same ref, fell for the same Aveley antics the same as the league game at our ground. Would love to know who picked her and if there's any truth in how "friendly" she is with Aveley.

She needs to be looked into!! 95% of the decisions was Aveley, blatant penalty for Hornchurch turned away, the smallest of fouls, she blows up and Aveley's way!

I'm concerned as to where this club want to be heading? Definitely feel that things could do with a freshen up, and this needs to start from board level. Get rid of the dead wood as I don't, and I'm sure other may agree, that the last thing we want is to see this club drop! Let the manager make the signings, with in reason, to get Hornchurch out of this league before its too late! As next season is going to be tougher than the one just finished!

You are so right at last some1 with some sense who’s been there through out I take my hat of to you ,not some 1 spouting out about our budget which they should not even know but the rouges/spoilers at this club like to spread all kinds of rumours and tell all kinds of story’s, maybe it’s jealousy from the top having never won or done anything bigger than then winning the ithsman north, and how many years that take playing long ball football hoping for a knockdown to Bradley Warner your £500 a week midfielder, and yes with that budget you was beat in the final by Thurrock who had no budget at all. Back to that budget because you Mcbride brigade know so much about it #embarising ,what was billericy and Enfields budget this year and how many play off finals they been in in the last 2 yrs and yes with there budget. you’ve been spoilt Hornchurch stimo won you the the fa trophy but you still listen to the poison at this club and it’s the poison and not the togetherness and all as 1 team spirit we lack and why we haven’t been promoted 100%
at any chance Hornchurch could be a great club but it needs to be run properly like bishop stortford not like a pub team

Edited by Dagger03

At many times during the game I saw three strikers just waiting on the half way line waiting for the ball to come to them which it didn’t . The formation lacked the width needed to get round the back of the Aveley defence.  It was all too predictable as we ended up ourselves in the main by punting long high balls up to the forwards which were dealt with ease by the visitors.  The consequence of playing three up top limits your option in midfield where we could try to dictate play and get the ball down on the surface and trying to play football.  Sadly Ade has been a pedestrian and hasn’t suited our set up as the results have indicated. 

27 minutes ago, Frontfour said:

You are so right at last some1 with some sense who’s been there through out I take my hat of to you ,not some 1 spouting out about our budget which they should not even know but the rouges/spoilers at this club like to spread all kinds of rumours and tell all kinds of story’s, maybe it’s jealousy from the top having never won or done anything bigger than then winning the ithsman north, and how many years that take playing long ball football hoping for a knockdown to Bradley Warner your £500 a week midfielder, and yes with that budget you was beat in the final by Thurrock who had no budget at all. Back to that budget because you Mcbride brigade know so much about it #embarising ,what was billericy and Enfields budget this year and how many play off finals they been in in the last 2 yrs and yes with there budget. you’ve been spoilt Hornchurch stimo won you the the fa trophy but you still listen to the poison at this club and it’s the poison and not the togetherness and all as 1 team spirit we lack and why we haven’t been promoted 100%
Colin Mcbride and the board members ruin this club there rotten to the core we got blokes on Twitter/forum digging players out and then next week on the bench as a physio and handing out wages you think youl win the league like this 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
stimo get out of there asap and bring Alex with you his a great man and stimo anywhere but winning things for these they dnt deserve you and are always waiting to stab you in the back at any chance Hornchurch could be a great club but it needs to be run properly like bishop stortford not like a pub team

Let me just reiterate what I previously said - our budget is extremely competitive due to the fantastic chairman we are so lucky to have, they have brought in players who should really have gotten us over the line but didn't. Facts are we under achieved second half of the season and the stats back it up. 

Are saying the lack of team spirit was key for our failure? if so that's with the manage and his team to build this surely? what about the crazy substitutions? persistence in playing Parcell left back, signing a striker when we were crying out for midfielders, the lack of mentality throwing away so many leads, we are incapable of adapting during games its one way and hope it works.

You mention the lack of togetherness at the club then spout absolute unnecessary abuse directed at Colin and the board? Colin has done wonders for this club and without him I'd dread to think where we would be.

Maybe instead of focusing on the negatives and feeling sorry for ourselves we should be proud that we have a team who have not only won the FA Trophy in recent years but have reached back to back play off finals in a very tough league.

I am sure most other clubs in our position would be very jealous of the journey and adventures this club has had over the previous seasons.

Onwards and hopefully upwards, we go again next season!

The reason we won the fa trophy was because they were know where near the team as it was covid have a little think about that

I’m sick of the rumours that are spread around this club like a poison and can’t understand why some1 would do it always the same little crew but don’t realise it spreads back to the players mickey played left back when remi was injured and we’ve missed remi massively and we also missed our captain for the last 6games or so 2 of our best players this season what other club gets to the play off final with the captain missing and there top striker scoring 1 goal in the last 9 games but it’s higgo so don’t mention it also how bad was that ref if we had won 2-1 and gone up you’d be listening to the next bit of bs poison getting spread around next season by someone who’s ment to be on the same side as us it a f-ing joke Wake up

14 minutes ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Maybe instead of focusing on the negatives and feeling sorry for ourselves we should be proud that we have a team who have not only won the FA Trophy in recent years but have reached back to back play off finals in a very tough league.

I am sure most other clubs in our position would be very jealous of the journey and adventures this club has had over the previous seasons.

Onwards and hopefully upwards, we go again next season!

Quality love that if only there was more SUPPORTERS at Hornchurch like yrself 👏 

59 minutes ago, Frontfour said:

Colin Mcbride and the board members ruin this club there rotten to the core we got blokes on Twitter/forum digging players out and then next week on the bench as a physio and handing out wages you think youl win the league like this 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
stimo get out of there asap and bring Alex with you his a great man and stimo anywhere but winning things for these they dnt deserve you and are always waiting to stab you in the back at any chance Hornchurch could be a great club but it needs to be run properly like bishop stortford not like a pub team

Can’t say I’ve ever handed out wages so another lie you have spouted about. Every fan is entitled to their opinion whether it’s good or bad especially ones who go every week and work their bollocks off for the club merely for the love of the football club. FYI I’ve also done it to their faces and not just on here like you. When I was physio for the club for a few games as there was nobody else to do it and I was the most qualified to HELP OUT. By the way I also did that for free! 
We all know who you’re so maybe if you’d like to volunteer next season and help out rather than getting in for free every game you’re more than welcome too.

I could say a whole lot more but i’ll keep quiet. Can’t post comment on yesterdays game as I only got to see the last 10 minutes along with 4 or 5 others due to volunteering on the gate and stopping people from jumping over the gate and causing a disturbance outside booting the doors of the turnstiles. Did I mention we did all that for free?

Thanks for your input 👍

15 hours ago, kimbles left foot said:

3 god awful subs killed the game - before that with 10 we were still in with a chance. Granted Ade failed to turn up again....but to take off 50+ goal strikeforce when chasing a game is unforgiveable.

The board have backed Stimson incredibly well and yet he has failed to deliver this season with the main ambition being promotion,...thanks for the cup memories Mark but you need to go.

Fresh ideas/squad need to happen sooner rather then later

What about them subs made at Wembley aheyyy or you forgotten already stimos only been a manager 20 yrs but he started making bad subs last night 😂 higgo scored 1 goal in 9 you think he fancied the travelling next season if we went up you lot are sooo deluded wake up

I believe our budget to be extremely competitive - just how many other clubs have purchased players in our league this season? not many that's for sure.

You lost me on your last sentence, what do you mean? Stimson has clearly been backed massively this season

Sadly it's a results business with an objective of promotion and he has failed this twice

I believe our budget to be extremely competitive - just how many other clubs have purchased players in our league this season? not many that's for sure.

You lost me on your last sentence, what do you mean? Stimson has clearly been backed massively this season

Sadly it's a results business with an objective of promotion and he has failed this twice

Are you a board member if not how do you know the budget Ether yr not a board member so shouldn’t know anything about the budget or you’ve had a board member putting poison in yr ear don’t worry tho it happends a lot at this club,or yr a board member and shouldn’t be talking sh#t on here

I rest my case ✌️ 

No one is taking anything away from the club, player or Stimmo for that matter regarding the FA Trophy, for that run and day out I will be forever grateful.  Having been up and down the country and around Essex in the ESL I could never had imagined Hornchurch Football Club playing at Wembley let alone winning. 

There a large number of passionate supporters over the clubs that have dedicated a lot or time, hard work and graft for many years that are entitled to have an opinion so apologies if it doesn't match yours. 

Fully aware Mickey covered for Remi and he has done a great job there for us, however Mickey is a superb right back and when Remi was back we persisted with playing him at left wing back. Why?

Can you not see the frustration though given the position we were in? we had 4 games in hand, we are not entitled to anything but to be in that position and end up not going up is very hard to take.

I am not knocking the players, you cant fault their commitment at all and you could see that at the end they were gutted as are we as supporters.

Why is it that at Non League level a manager is not allowed to take some level of responsibility for the outcome of the season?

Alex has been incredible and we are extremely fortunate to have him at our football club and i really hope he sticks around.

As Kimble said if it wasn't for McBride in the past I don't think we would have a football club to support right now given what others tried to do to us.

Also feel a shoutout is required to all volunteers throughout the club form the supporters club to Little Tel as they sacrifice their experience on days like yesterday to ensure it goes off ok for everyone else.

Edited by CraigDavid

14 minutes ago, Frontfour said:

Are you a board member if not how do you know the budget Ether yr not a board member so shouldn’t know anything about the budget or you’ve had a board member putting poison in yr ear don’t worry tho it happends a lot at this club,or yr a board member and shouldn’t be talking sh#t on here

I rest my case ✌️ 

I'm not a board member, just a supporter and just like you I'm allowed an opinion.

After reading all your posts I'm still not sure who/what your comments are aimed towards.

Are you suggesting not playing the leagues top scorer because he failed to find the next for a few games? have you seen what else he brings to the team other then scoring? his hold play and vision are second to none.

Mickey played left back well before Remi had any injuries so that's no excuse 

FACT - Stimson this season has under achieved, the objective was promotion and he failed whether you like it or not

31 minutes ago, LukeXIX said:

Can’t say I’ve ever handed out wages so another lie you have spouted about. Every fan is entitled to their opinion whether it’s good or bad especially ones who go every week and work their bollocks off for the club merely for the love of the football club. FYI I’ve also done it to their faces and not just on here like you. When I was physio for the club for a few games as there was nobody else to do it and I was the most qualified to HELP OUT. By the way I also did that for free! 
We all know who you’re so maybe if you’d like to volunteer next season and help out rather than getting in for free every game you’re more than welcome too.

I could say a whole lot more but i’ll keep quiet. Can’t post comment on yesterdays game as I only got to see the last 10 minutes along with 4 or 5 others due to volunteering on the gate and stopping people from jumping over the gate and causing a disturbance outside booting the doors of the turnstiles. Did I mention we did all that for free?

Thanks for your input 👍

“Can’t post comment on yesterday’s game” … after posting comments on the game?

Was the ref poor? - yes

Should we have had a penalty? - yes

Can the manager affect that? - no

Grow up and accept that only two clubs go up and we have been painfully close on both occasions.

Other clubs would love to have a manager of our calibre so just take your agenda elsewhere, you are only positioning other fans with your immature thoughts.

2 minutes ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

“Can’t post comment on yesterday’s game” … after posting comments on the game?

Was the ref poor? - yes

Should we have had a penalty? - yes

Can the manager affect that? - no

Grow up and accept that only two clubs go up and we have been painfully close on both occasions.

Other clubs would love to have a manager of our calibre so just take your agenda elsewhere, you are only positioning other fans with your immature thoughts.

I'm talking the whole season not just yesterdays game.

Can the manager affect this? yes, that's what he is paid for - he takes plaudits when we win so it he accept criticism when we lose

I'm fully grown - it's called an opinion, if you don't like go else where

Apparently you’re not allowed to be negative on here, everyone is allowed an opinion. Stimson is lucky that the owners are good to him because at other clubs he would be under real pressure. Don’t get giving him a contract extension mid season though, why not wait until the end of the season. We can’t do anything about it now, Shamefully it will be Hashtag next season. Sometimes as a club you need to be ruthless, no time for sentimentality, it’s how you progress. 

2 hours ago, Frontfour said:

Bradley Warner left us something like 4 years ago.

We've never played Thurrock in a play-off final

Which play-off finals have Enfield or Billericay been in over the last 2 years ?

Struggling to understand your point.

Edited by Urchins

Why have you blocked front4 I don’t think he cares you know who he is is it does the truth hurts why have you never backed stimo or the boys pls let us know what more you have to say I won’t say any more just realised I’m talking to a policeman owwwwwww now go do something for Colin for free water boy 😉

Struggling to understand why there is so much negativity when we finished second and lost 1-0 yesterday after a shambolic ref didn’t give us a blatant penalty!

Anyone would have thought we would have been relegated after reading all your comments - cor blimey reel it in!

1 minute ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Why have you blocked front4 I don’t think he cares you know who he is is it does the truth hurts why have you never backed stimo or the boys pls let us know what more you have to say I won’t say any more just realised I’m talking to a policeman owwwwwww now go do something for Colin for free water boy 😉

Nope sorry, no idea.

Can someone translate please ?

Not going to comment on everything above but there’s two points I would make.

Firstly Colin saved this club - for those of us that can remember that state of the club he inherited and where we are today , Colin (and Jimmy et al.) were and have been miracle workers. Not always seen eye to eye with Colin but if anyone doubts the commitment and effort he has shown to this club over a long period of time I’m happy to discuss in person anything about that. That’s why he’s got a stand named after him. 

Secondly, Alex has been amazing for this club and after his personal efforts towards Hornchurch particularly over the last couple of years, I was hoping that this was going to be rewarded with a promotion but it just feels the problems were on the pitch rather than off it. I don’t for one minute question the commitment of the players but there’s clearly something wrong there.