Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

De ja vu

10 minutes ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Why have you blocked front4 I don’t think he cares you know who he is is it does the truth hurts why have you never backed stimo or the boys pls let us know what more you have to say I won’t say any more just realised I’m talking to a policeman owwwwwww now go do something for Colin for free water boy 😉

Struggling to understand why there is so much negativity when we finished second and lost 1-0 yesterday after a shambolic ref didn’t give us a blatant penalty!

Anyone would have thought we would have been relegated after reading all your comments - cor blimey reel it in!

You can't blame the awful ref on the capitulation of the second half of the season, how many times did we throw leads away? the mentality/back bone of the squad wasn't strong enough it's plain to see -  as soon as soon as we go under the cosh we crumble and again the stats back this up, it's not me making it up or having a moan about Stimson.  What do you mean 'why have we never back Stimo and the boys?' we have a great set of supporters who back the team home and away

7 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

Not going to comment on everything above but there’s two points I would make.

Firstly Colin saved this club - for those of us that can remember that state of the club he inherited and where we are today , Colin (and Jimmy et al.) were and have been miracle workers. Not always seen eye to eye with Colin but if anyone doubts the commitment and effort he has shown to this club over a long period of time I’m happy to discuss in person anything about that. That’s why he’s got a stand named after him. 

Secondly, Alex has been amazing for this club and after his personal efforts towards Hornchurch particularly over the last couple of years, I was hoping that this was going to be rewarded with a promotion but it just feels the problems were on the pitch rather than off it. I don’t for one minute question the commitment of the players but there’s clearly something wrong there. 

Well summed up.

55 minutes ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Why have you blocked front4 I don’t think he cares you know who he is is it does the truth hurts why have you never backed stimo or the boys pls let us know what more you have to say I won’t say any more just realised I’m talking to a policeman owwwwwww now go do something for Colin for free water boy 😉

Struggling to understand why there is so much negativity when we finished second and lost 1-0 yesterday after a shambolic ref didn’t give us a blatant penalty!

Anyone would have thought we would have been relegated after reading all your comments - cor blimey reel it in!

Is there any reason you're resorting to name calling? Does that achieve anything? Our chairman backed the club with the sole aim of getting promotion and that hasn't happened. We had the league in the bag and threw it away, do you deny that? - It shouldn't have come down to a playoff game because of the risk of getting a poor ref or not turning up on the day. Aveley weren't that good but they didn't need to be because they knew what they were going to get from us and set up to counter that as they have done the other two times they've beaten us this season - Was it Einstein that said that the definition of insanity was to do the same experiment on multiple occasions and expect different results?

1 hour ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

Firstly I haven’t blocked him. Secondly I feel like I’m talking to a 10 year old with how you speak. I’m not getting into a war of words over a FANS FORUM. Clearly you’re not a fan you’re a tag along. If you would like to talk like an adult in person or over the phone feel free to message me privately.

You’ve both made me feel special though mentioning me when I haven’t even commented on the game yesterday. If you want my autograph let me know I’ll send it over, £5 admin fee. Thanks 😘

13 minutes ago, cup of tea said:

Is there any reason you're resorting to name calling? Does that achieve anything? Our chairman backed the club with the sole aim of getting promotion and that hasn't happened. We had the league in the bag and threw it away, do you deny that? - It shouldn't have come down to a playoff game because of the risk of getting a poor ref or not turning up on the day. Aveley weren't that good but they didn't need to be because they knew what they were going to get from us and set up to counter that as they have done the other two times they've beaten us this season - Was it Einstein that said that the definition of insanity was to do the same experiment on multiple occasions and expect different results?

Expertly put 👏

It’s getting a little hot on here.  Let’s settle down and remind ourselves that it is only football.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, surely that’s what a Forum should be.  It’s an entertainment business and I thinks we have had a lot of that this season.  Sometimes you won’t get a happy ending.  We will in time look back at things we think should have been done or played a different way and we will need to unite and go again.  If ones enjoyment is all about having a Cup win or promotion the majority of fans throughout the country will be disappointed. Enjoy the ride with its ups and downs, let off steam if you have to and celebrate when we can.  Let’s galvanise and have a good summer to reflect upon how lucky we are to be able to watch our local club compete. We have had good progression off the pitch with excellent attendance so let’s keep our heads and regroup for next season. 

Edited by obis

WOW!  Seriously some of these comments have made me smile today.  All these experts that know each clubs budgets....!!! If supporters know what the Hornchurch budget is then fundamentally that is wrong and needs addressing as this should always be kept in house.  Look around the ground and see what's happened.  FA Trophy winners, Play off finalists 2 years running.  Look at the teams who's seasons finished 2 weeks ago.  Enfield Town, Folkstone, Lewes & Billericay.  All big clubs and established at this level for many years and higher. All these clubs have good fan base that support the team regardless.  Yes its disappointing but being Hornchurch doesn't mean teams turn up and rollover.  The crowds have increased that shows you the team are performing and getting results.  I'm seeing comments that the ref got most decisions right!!  That shows me all I need to know and levels of football knowledge!!! 2 pens 100% even the 4th official conceded at least 1 was nailed on and if outside the box the ref gives it without question.  I spoke to the ref assessor after the game and again comments were not great towards some of decisions he witnessed.  If you was a player reading this forum today would you want  to play for the club again???  The linesman that made a complete fcukup at Horsham was on the line yesterday how can that happen!!!  

3 hours ago, Frontfour said:

higgo scored 1 goal in 9 you think he fancied the travelling next season if we went up you lot are sooo deluded wake up

So you have a player who apparently doesn't fancy travelling next season, but still proceed to play him anyway knowing he doesn't want to go up? 

Brilliant choice. 

2 hours ago, Jumpers4Goalposts said:

owwwwwww now go do something for Colin for free water boy 😉

Now having a go at volunteers because they do stuff for free? If it wasn't for these people,  there would be no club, and you'd be licking Stimsons arse somewhere else. 

Harry Martin tried giving the deeds to his house to save this club once. People do things for the love of the club. Not for money. 

55 minutes ago, Stuart2023 said:

WOW!  Seriously some of these comments have made me smile today.  All these experts that know each clubs budgets....!!! If supporters know what the Hornchurch budget is then fundamentally that is wrong and needs addressing as this should always be kept in house.  Look around the ground and see what's happened.  FA Trophy winners, Play off finalists 2 years running.  Look at the teams who's seasons finished 2 weeks ago.  Enfield Town, Folkstone, Lewes & Billericay.  All big clubs and established at this level for many years and higher. All these clubs have good fan base that support the team regardless.  Yes its disappointing but being Hornchurch doesn't mean teams turn up and rollover.  The crowds have increased that shows you the team are performing and getting results.  I'm seeing comments that the ref got most decisions right!!  That shows me all I need to know and levels of football knowledge!!! 2 pens 100% even the 4th official conceded at least 1 was nailed on and if outside the box the ref gives it without question.  I spoke to the ref assessor after the game and again comments were not great towards some of decisions he witnessed.  If you was a player reading this forum today would you want  to play for the club again???  The linesman that made a complete fcukup at Horsham was on the line yesterday how can that happen!!!  

No one is saying they know the actual budget but it is obvious when you can see some of the talent on the pitch and level of experience that they would be demanding a wage on the higher end of the scale along with the signing of Ade. 

I don't recall many if anyone on here stating that the ref had a good game.

I cannot speak for the players obviously, however the people on here that have been disappointed and stated that on here also haven't been negative towards the players at all, as a whole i think they would like to play for the club with passionate loyal fans with growing attendances.  The main way to keep people coming back though is good performances and results and unfortunately towards the end of the season that hasn't been the case as much as we would have liked.

Do you go on the forums of all these other clubs that you have listed quoting their support for their clubs regardless? I mean I am pretty sure the large majority on here have supported the club regardless, just because we are disappointed and have an opinion doesn't mean we haven't supported the team.   

When the club went into administration and we lost everything we were still there and we are still here now so please refrain from questioning the support of the club and the team.

Edited by CraigDavid

2 hours ago, Stuart2023 said:

Stuart, perhaps you are new supporting the team? Hornchurch are an established team and  have played at a higher level in one form or another in front of bigger crowds too. There is obviously no given right to get promotion out of this league however after having it in our hands we have thrown it away again so you cannot blame fans being disappointed. We cannot bemoan our luck and always blame officials, yes they were horrendous yesterday however in the grand scheme of things we simply haven't been good enough when it mattered most (x2 Canvey, x2 Aveley, away to BS, away to CC, away to Haringey) now I obviously don't expect us to win every game but some of those performances were alarming. (granted I moan more then most but even the most positive of fans would agree I imagine). No one is digging out the players or moaning about their commitment so please don't bring that tosh up about them wanting to play for the club again they all know they have our backing, the majority are questioning the management.

Your right Hornchurch are established team not questioning that..I also think you make valid points.  But surely you can see how far the club has come in the last 5 years.  I was at Stimmo's first game away to Whitehawk and I think then were in bottom 4/5.  The team (collective) have made great strides in the last few years but you mention commitment of players do you not think the management team also commit the same if not more time?  Players have taken time away for holidays during the season, supporters go on holiday but the management team are there week in week out.  Personally I think finishing 2nd was a good achievement and yes I know how gutted the management team were yesterday.  You all pay your money and your all entitled to your views, but some of the messages I've  read on this forum and twitter are very harsh.

At times injuries, holidays and suspensions have meant only having 13 available and the sub GK having to play on pitch!

Enjoy the summer and look forward to the Urchins kicking on next year, in a few days time I'm sure everything will look different!

The improvements to this club have happened with Alex taking over as chairman. That's not a coincidence. If you've got an improved budget and get better players in as a result then the likelihood is that your league position is going to improve. Jimmy got us promoted to what is now the Vanarama South without that. Other clubs also suffered with injuries I believe.

Jimmy had given so much to this club but in his final time in charge he was clearly quite ill and the poor guy couldn't really do the job properly anymore. Our league standing was always going to improve. I'll always be grateful to Jimmy for getting us promoted and also being manager here without getting paid as well and he was badly let down by a few snakes (not going to go into details about that) So that's why we were in the position we were in.

My last comment....

I have upmost respect for Jimmy Mac the man would run through walls for any team...he played for and managed, top bloke!  I scout for Mark and went to watch a large number of games and players last season.  The league position has improved year on year hasn't it?  Take covid out then the league position is higher and the points total increased? We approached at least 4 players from the league winners last year (summer) Bishop Stortford and the packages they were on we couldn't  get near.  Spoke with Ryman North players and the deals were stupid.  Even teams mid table in our league have massive budgets...It's not all about money!!

Anyway thats me logging out.

Everyone have a great summer!!!

10 minutes ago, Stuart2023 said:

My last comment....

I have upmost respect for Jimmy Mac the man would run through walls for any team...he played for and managed, top bloke!  I scout for Mark and went to watch a large number of games and players last season.  The league position has improved year on year hasn't it?  Take covid out then the league position is higher and the points total increased? We approached at least 4 players from the league winners last year (summer) Bishop Stortford and the packages they were on we couldn't  get near.  Spoke with Ryman North players and the deals were stupid.  Even teams mid table in our league have massive budgets...It's not all about money!!

Anyway thats me logging out.

Everyone have a great summer!!!

Fair comments , thank you

Now here’s a funny point.

Even Mondays Ref has managed to get to Wembley for the Women’s Cup Final

Having read most of the comments on here, can’t believe people having a dig at all the volunteers. And to even find out we have two ‘Scouts’.

WTF have they brought to the club? And I expect they don’t pay to get in.

Laughable

Happy Holidays

IMG_0126.png

Wow!  In response to Barrymono

Just a few facts and pointers.  Can you show we any of my posts that slagged of anyone involved in helping the day to day running of the club, without people  giving up time and effort things wouldn't get done.  The supporters Club give a lot back to the club and looks well run and I saw on Monday everyone running around!

The scouts go and watch opposition and highlight to the manager and coaches how teams line up, formations and style of play in key situations.  We highlight key players from the opposition and potential players for future recruitment.  I could name them but little point!

Your right we don't pay to get into home games, but I will ask the owners if this causes them any issues.  We don't always ask for admission into away games when scouting teams or watching Hornchurch.  We don't charge mileage or for that matter we don't charge fuel.  Between myself and Richard we saw every team last season at least once.  Folkstone on a Tuesday night and Lewes midweek isnt fun.

Generally out watching games midweek and Saturdays across different levels.  HMRC states we could charge 45p per mile!!  Other club scouts charge clubs a fee and expenses.  If we did this then I'll take on  board your comments.

Drop me your contact details and happy to discuss if you wish.

be careful what you wish for in mark stimson you had a good manager one of the best in the league who follows him has a hard task before mark the club was going nowhere and do we want to go back to being  mid table also i hope we do not lose  players leaving ie Sutton Clarke Christo lets hope who comes in gets us up and running as soon as possible come on you Urchins