Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Sorry, I'm not into Harry Potter.

• 3 weeks later...

I gather 'we' were unlucky today against Harwich & Parkeston and they only made it 3-1 three minutes into injury time with 'us' pressing for an equaliser. Does anyone know the attendance and far more importantly whether 'Sugar' was present.

Well if you can't answer that yourself then I'm not about to tell you. There was surely even more emphasis on him being there yesterday for an FA Vase encounter and to meet and greet officials from Harwich & Parkeston, I'm sure their Chairman travelled down to watch the game so what impression would that give out if his opposite number wasn't there to shake his hand because he felt playing cricket was more important.

Were all SSML Chairman present at all their homes games yesterday?

Unless the answer is "yes" then you are just picking on Mr Achillea because he showed you the door at Coles Park.

Get over it and move on.

I would certainly expect all SSML Chairman to have been all present and correct at their respective matches yesterday particularly those from Club's participating in the prestigious FA Vase such as Haringey Borough.

I wouldn't mind better a decent amount that 'Sugar' was the only SSML Club Chairman who wasn't in attendance at his Club's game yesterday, I repeat absolutely disgusting!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I wouldn't mind better a decent amount that 'Sugar' was the only SSML Club Chairman who wasn't in attendance at his Club's game yesterday, I repeat absolutely disgusting!

I believe that the WGC chairman was not at our game yesterday. We were not affronted!

Wader - I think you have the new Non League paper which I didn't buy this week, the old one doesn't do crosswords and besides, you can't have seen it as otherwise you would have commented on the article about Kentish Town on page five, yes another one!

Gunners Hit The Target For Kentish Town.

Yes that is the NLP. That's the only one I can get because the new fandango isn't distributed where I live. Now turn to page 62 (can you get past page 5 this week?) and there is the crossword, where it always is just above the classifieds. 19 down -- and as you don't know the answer and that really surprises me -- the player Leyton Orient signed from Haringey Borough in 1990 was Ricky Otto. I saw him play quite a few times for the O's as well.

Very good piece by the way with the Arsenal cheque for 1500 smackers - I just hope someone actually picks up this donation!

The way you mentioned Toto and his estranged dad I was expecting you to click your heels together 3 times and mutter a spell.

Originally Posted By: Wader
I was expecting you to click your heels together

Football Man style you mean when we groundshared at Parkfield. I'm still convinced that he set us back two seasons, we would have been in the FA Cup last season for example and now we're not eligible to enter until next season, it's all down to him.

We didn't break the terms of the groundshare agreement, if Football Man didn't want us there in the first place then why did he come to our rescue when Haringey did the dirty and showed us the door, it doesn't make any sense.

Err rhodesy, did KTFC sign a contract with PBTFC which stated which competitions, they could use PBTs ground to play in.

Did they then flout this agreement, and entered further competitions without the knowledge of PBT FC.

We all know the answer to these questions is yes. We also all know that this behaviour in turn led to the committee of PBT FC to decline the option of a further year and terminate the groundshare agreement. Nothing underhand, petty or dishonest, just the actions of one club helping another whilst ensuring their own ground didn't suffer undue hardship due to the extra football being played. Any problems experienced by KTFC following on from this are purely self inflicted.

If you are going to slander someone old chap at least attempt to do a bit of research before you make yourself look stupid again.

Originally Posted By: Spidermanor
Err rhodesy, did KTFC sign a contract with PBTFC which stated which competitions, they could use PBTs ground to play in. Did they then flout this agreement, and entered further competitions without the knowledge of PBT FC.

This is the element of your post that has intrigued me the most. How could we enter further competitions without the knowledge of Potters Bar when the only competitions we were allowed to enter by them were the obligatory Challenge Trophy, Division 1 Cup and Herts Senior Centenary Trophy and even the latter was like a Military operation trying to get the game played as Football Man kept asking us to move the date much to the frustration of our opponents.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
How could we enter further competitions without the knowledge of Potters Bar

Ah, clip Rods. For someone who allegedly trawls through these forums meticulously, I am surprised at how quickly you have forgotten my previous comments on this matter. Let me remind you...

1) Kentish Town unnecessarily changed from the Middlesex FA to the Herts FA without Potters Bar Town's knowledge and, consequently, were compulsorily entered by that County FA into the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy. The first Potters Bar knew of this was when the Kentish Town Secretary rang me asking for a date to play the game! The issue over when the game should be played had more to do with Martin Bayliss trying to "pull a fast one" than anything else.

2) The groundshare agreement signed by Kentish Town clearly stated that the FA Vase was not an option. Kentish Town went ahead and completed an entry form for this Competition anyway, without the knowledge or permission of Potters Bar Town, and the first we knew about it was when I received the FA booklet listing the clubs that have applied for their Competitions and Kentish Town's name was in it!

You would be well advised to stick to subjects you have knowledge of from now on, clip Rods, although I realise this will reduce your output by a minimum of 650 posts per month.

Football Man - Apologies for not getting back earlier on your rant above. I find it difficult to believe that we changed from the Middlesex to the Herts FA without you being fully aware and I also find it equally dis-believable that we would go ahead and enter the FA Vase without clearing it with you first although having said that I still don't know why you were so adament in not wanting us to enter and stipulated that in your groundshare agreement. This is what I mean about you acting in a dictatorial fashion when we were at Parkfield as what harm would it have done for us to be in the Vase. My guess is that you simply get off on clicking your heels in the same way 'Sugar' does, 90% of your posts on here prove the point.