Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey Borough Football Club

Well that's told me, I'll see if I can get to a game on a Sunday but you have to admit that the team that got to the second round proper of the prestigious FA Youth Cup in 2004/2005 was something very special indeed

Yes an excellent achievment and something to be proud of. I am not trying to take anything away from that side, in fact I have a number of friends who played in that team!

Get down to Chase Lodge Sunday 2pm ko and watch our U17s play Charville Atheltic who judging from their early form will be very tough opposition.

And then just enjoy the football!

Originally Posted By: Rak
Yes Louis runs our U14s

I'm surprised Louis left Coles Park and didn't decide to stick around to help get us back into the Premier Division at the first time of asking. As it is we will probably be passing Cockfosters in April going in the opposite direction and Louis will be made to look silly

I don't think Louis will look silly, he is very much liked. It was just a footballing decision and he made it for his own reasons, he didn't leave on bad terms so I don't see anyone looking silly or any other problems.

Yes but he's probably regretting joining Cockfosters, I couldn't quite work out why he made a bee line for Chalk Lane of all places

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Yes but he's probably regretting joining Cockfosters, I couldn't quite work out why he made a bee line for Chalk Lane of all places

He told me it was near to where he lived or worked.

That's probably the only reason he joined them then

Perhaps he did it 'to spend more time with his family', or perhaps because Harlow Town didn't come in for him! Clearly the job at Bethnal Green Whack-em Wanderers had already been taken by someone else wanting to spend more time with their family, so the options were limited. He was probably put off staying at Haringey by your sentiments about it's Chairman posted on here with alarming regularity. Who knows eh?

Rhodes - If you had bothered to come to any of "your" teams matches last season you would have seen such a wealth of talent playing on the hallowed Cloes park turf - Such talent that had a few members on here publicly shouting from the rooftops about their ability. It was just a shame that the league was quite a good standard last year and so Haringey got relegated - if you look at the team sheet again this year you will see more names added and Haringey sitting pretty in the top half of Div 1 - To say Ged searson doesnt have the sources for players is really you just not doing your usual digging.

3praise - As you know full well I have a lot of time for Ged and like the guy so I wouldn't knock him particularly as he has the Club's best interests at heart, unfortunately he is working with one arm tied behind his back with 'Sugar' at the helm. Your argument about the SSML Premier Division being a good standard last season doesn't hold water as Haringey Borough should be more than capable of holding their own and be in a position to challenge for promotion to the Ryman League each season along with your Harefield United's and Leverstock Green's. Deep down you know this but don't want to say for fear of rubbing your lord and master up the wrong way.

• 2 weeks later...

A report from 'our' fine win over Ampthill Town on Saturday from 'our' Website but more importantly was 3praise there:

http://haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=10568&conf=&div=

Borough preserved their unbeaten League record and moved up to second in the table despite a none too convincing performance. Ampthill started strongly and remained the dominant team throughout the first half in which some fine goal-keeping by Edison Brahimi and desperate blocking in goalmouth scrambles kept them at bay and it was much against the run of play when Borough took the lead after 20 minutes. Andy Stokes hit a massive diagonal clearance into the path of Adeniyi Adedeji cutting in from the left who contolled it well and flighted a perfect long shot over the head of the surprised ‘keeper. Ronardson Obinna missed narrowly with some well worked half chances but it was Stokes who came closest to adding to Borough’s tally with a powerful downward header as he met a corner at the far post which was blocked on the line. It was no surprise when Ampthill got a deserved equaliser after 53 minutes as a clearing header from a corner fell to the feet of Matthew Quinn on the edge of the penalty area and he steered it into the corner. Ampthill continued to look more likely winners for a while but the introduction of Melvin Thompson swung the balance in Borough’s favour late on and ten minutes from time a fine run by Chima Obiji who took several defenders out of the game as he worked his way in from the right enabled him to set up another late substitute Jamaal Duncan who slotted the ball neatly into the corner for the winner. Borough survived one final scare in the dying seconds of stoppage time as a free kick was conceded close to the corner flag but the delivery was low and poor and Mark Maher’s hacked clearance was the final kick of the game.
Borough Squad:- Edison Brahimi, Adepitan Adewale, Michal Kvietok, Kieran Donnelly, Andrew Stokes, Michael Ingall-Clark, Adeniyi Adedeji, Mark Maher, Chima Obiji, Daneil Iroegbu, Ronardson Obinna. Used subs:- Guy Djedje, Melvin Thompson, Jamaal Duncan

3praise - Looking at 'our' team from last Saturday's game against Ampthill Town I only recognised three players from the time I was at the Club, what has happened to all the great names such as Tommy Catania, Glenn Shurety, David Patten, Nick Boid, Chris Perifimou, Santos, Danny Wight, Kevin Conroy and Jay Kent-Hume to name a few, surely all but the three highlighted players above can't hold a candle to them.

giggle

3praise - Looking at 'our' team from last Saturday's game against Ampthill Town I only recognised three players from the time I was at the Club, what has happened to all the great names such as Tommy Catania, Glenn Shurety, David Patten, Nick Boid, Chris Perifimou, Santos, Danny Wight, Kevin Conroy and Jay Kent-Hume to name a few, surely all but the three highlighted players above can't hold a candle to them.

Absolute quality!

giggle

Football Man - Where have you been hiding lately, you've been very conspicuous by your absence

Football Man - Where have you been hiding lately, you've been very conspicuous by your absence

oh dear another person whose movements the great Panopticon stylee rhodes surveillance system seems to have lost sight of.

Lato - You're certainly a walking dictionary aren't you with words such as panopticon and ultracrepidate, it's very impressive and you must have been very well educated

I've always admired Lato even though the feeling is not mutual as he made perfectly clear at Hamilton Hall that evening, he's a very knowledgable individual who can hold a conversation on most topics however he's just not the sort of bloke I would enjoy spending long periods of time with, he takes himself far too seriously.