Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

match officials update...

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: Diz
Is that good news then?

the offending lino was getting some serious abuse from the eastside after the second offside incident so I guess that it must be better if he's not there on tuesday..these things tend to manifest themselves and the thought of him in front of a packed eastside terrace doesn't garner well for good decisions....

the ref was always in charge and I thought and had a good game...

er right,walking to hendons ground from cricklewood station was a strange experience with hundreds of alkies on the streets,smackheads and complete nutters and as for the ground it is falling apart,saying that the people at the club were nice enough.

Now if the bloke had said he doesn't like watching football at an athletics ground thats fair enough but the only thing in common between hornchurch & hendon is they both start with an H,apart from that we are worlds apart!

Yes to call Bridge Avenue a dump is a bit rich!

Hendon's ground great throw-back to a past era, with the banked stands behind each goal; which admitadly do give good views.

But no comparison to AFCH facilities.

Now that the smoking ban is in place one wonders if they will keep the authentic nicotine stained ceiling in the clubhouse or re-decorate?

>>And one Hendon supporter sitting near me had the audacity to say that he didn't want to come to Hornchurch for a replay becuase it was a dump!

Sid - this surprises me - there was one Hendon supporter behind the goal, and one down the side.

Are you now saying that there was a third Hendon supporter in the ground?

And if anyone gets the NLP, can they tell me who did the report on this game, as about ten mins before the start I had someone who looked like a work-experience-trainee come up to me and ask me for the line ups - he said he was doing a report for the sunday paper.

>>>Hendon's ground great throw-back to a past era, with the banked stands behind each goal; which admitadly do give good views.

But no comparison to AFCH facilities.

Don't forget that it was once the regular home for the England amateur internationals. It was an excellent ground, and typical of grounds of that era. To my recollection it is one of the few remaining 'real' football grounds - Hayes is another.

>>>Real'. That means 'was good' now left to its own devises is shockinglty bad', does it not?

No - the atypical ground had banking or terracing, usually a small(ish) stand, and a large capacity - Hendon's held 8,000.

Most of the old grounds have now fallen into decay to a certain degree, and Hendon is no exception, but it is not a bad ground by any means.

Very few 'real' grounds left now - only Hayes immediately springs to mind.

For the record, Hornchurch's also had a lot of grass banking and a small stand, plus some terracing - it used to hold 7,500 (and yes, it has been full to capacity). And Max, to save you asking, it was for a match between the USAF and some charity team.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
er right,walking to hendons ground from cricklewood station was a strange experience with hundreds of alkies on the streets,smackheads and complete nutters and as for the ground it is falling apart,saying that the people at the club were nice enough.
Now if the bloke had said he doesn't like watching football at an athletics ground thats fair enough but the only thing in common between hornchurch & hendon is they both start with an H,apart from that we are worlds apart!

And you never even mentioned the 'blonde & gigner' goats!!!
Fkn quality!!!!

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
i have seen over 4'000 at the bridge in pre season games against west ham & arsenal back in the later 80's.
We used to sit on the grass bank behind the windmill end goal

So you were the little bustard giving me stick from the banking grin