Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

Originally Posted By: fleetzone
Well, I've been following the 'fleet since I was 13 and in a couple of months I'll be 51. During that time I've seen good times and bad times, highs and lows, but this is something totally different. I sincerely hope this works out, for the existing supporters like me who have frozen our n**s of on occasions and still kept on coming. But something in my mind tells me this is all going to end in tears - and as usual it will be us shedding those tears..

I cannot see how this is going to work; I can see it becoming an unwieldy structure unable to make instant decisions, let's face it, it's football communism and if countries like Russia couldn't make communism work, how's a non-league football club going to?

I will still come to the ground to watch, but I shan't be there every week - I'll now choose just which games to come to. I'll also be looking further around Kent at other sides to watch, so when the inevitable happens - as I believe it will but hope it doesn't - there will be another club to watch.

I supported the board over their name change, argued passionately with some supporters for it because I could see why - I'll not be arguing for this though. I feel as though we've been sold down the river.

Come and watch Maidstone United. Another club that suffered appalling mismanagement and have been playing in Sittingbourne for 15 years. By rights they should have died, but true fans will keep coming and hopefully will be back in the County town next year.

The point is with Maidstone is that they totally folded, no ground etc, yet despite having to play park football in Kent County League they have progressed with proper fans to Ryman Premier.

If the worst happened to Fleet, start again, no one can ever take your club away.

Originally Posted By: George Reilly's Hairpiece
If the subscription level was to fall by 25% when the first renewal date comes around, what contingency do you have in place to cover the shortfall?

Are you going to restrict the increase in your cost base year one to cover this highly likely event?

How much of the initial £525,000 is going to be used to purchase the existing shares (assuming of course they are not being given away) and how much of it will be used to clear any existing debts?

I can't find these answers on the FAQ.

EA Sports are backing this whole thing and are going to pump some money into the team, thay have promised.

Originally Posted By: rsheard
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
So what do you know about getting a team out of the conference
(the conference is a league,just in case you didn't know???)

I know that for it ever to happen for EUFC, it's going to take more than 1,000 supporters and hope. It will take investment in infrastructure, player development, and a whole team of smart people working together. That's what MyFC brings to the table. What any one individual knows or doesn't know isn't nearly as important as what the group can accomplish together. Among our members are many who have a great deal of experience in football, at levels up to the EPL. You make a mistake if you think every member is simply a computer gamer looking to play up to the next level.
Originally Posted By: rsheard
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
So what do you know about getting a team out of the conference
(the conference is a league,just in case you didn't know???)

I know that for it ever to happen for EUFC, it's going to take more than 1,000 supporters and hope. It will take investment in infrastructure, player development, and a whole team of smart people working together. That's what MyFC brings to the table. What any one individual knows or doesn't know isn't nearly as important as what the group can accomplish together. Among our members are many who have a great deal of experience in football, at levels up to the EPL. You make a mistake if you think every member is simply a computer gamer looking to play up to the next level.

I'm sorry but after seeing some of the quotes by your congregation some of the above is misleading.

Originally Posted By: George Reilly's Hairpiece
If the subscription level was to fall by 25% when the first renewal date comes around, what contingency do you have in place to cover the shortfall?

Are you going to restrict the increase in your cost base year one to cover this highly likely event?

How much of the initial £525,000 is going to be used to purchase the existing shares (assuming of course they are not being given away) and how much of it will be used to clear any existing debts?

I can't find these answers on the FAQ.

The news that was released today includes these details:

MyFootballClub has agreed a deal in principle to purchase a controlling stake in Ebbsfleet United FC.MyFootballClub members will also have the option to buy 100% of the football club in the future for a fixed price.

Funds will be made available to Liam Daish during the January transfer window to help the club push towards the play-off places.

As part of the deal, the current Board will continue their roles at the club as non-executives after the date of takeover, and club staff (including the manager) will also stay on.

The upfront payment is relatively small so that funds are available to help fund players. The club will also have a small amount of debt, which will need to be repaid or refinanced 3 years after takeover.

Only when due diligence is complete can further details be released.

I think the deal is for a proposed initial payment lump sum and then staged payments over 12months for the purchase. Club debt will be payed off or refinanced with 2 or 3 years.

As for the membership question, I Believe that should membership numbers fall there will be a contingency in place. And there is an initial fund of £700k plus (not 525) not to mention the numerous sponsorhip deals that are now filtering through and the extra revenue generated through new membership today alone.

Alan,

I'm a Neutral football fan, I just love football. I'm an England fan primarily but locally I hold no alliegence. As I now have a vested (£35) interest in your team, I'm likely to become much more of a fan of this than any other team. So I'm confident you will be gaining a lot of new fans and not just people playing football manager.

I realise I wound people up the wrong way with some of my comments and for this I apologise, I still stand by what I said but perhaps not in the way I said it. I read so many infactual comments where the information is available that it caused an angry response from myself.

Originally Posted By: DA11
I'm sorry but after seeing some of the quotes by your congregation some of the above is misleading.

Show me ANY group of 20,000, even 1,000, supporters that doesn't have a few in it. But you're missing the forest for the trees if that's what you focus on.

Originally Posted By: low_key
I think the deal is for a proposed initial payment lump sum and then staged payments over 12months for the purchase. Club debt will be payed off or refinanced with 2 or 3 years.

As for the membership question, I Believe that should membership numbers fall there will be a contingency in place. And there is an initial fund of £700k plus (not 525) not to mention the numerous sponsorhip deals that are now filtering through and the extra revenue generated through new membership today alone.

Surely the £700k is before the deduction of the admin fee to run the website and cover the other trust costs?

Originally Posted By: Aaronl

Couple of questions:

1. Has the club actually been sold

No - an agreement in principle exists between Ebbsfleet United and MyFC for MyFC to purchase a controlling share of Ebbsfleet United. Legal representatives are undertaking 'due diligence'. This process will take approximately 6-8 weeks - after which Ebbsfleet shareholders will vote on the sale and MyFC members will vote on the purchase. All going according to plan - early to mid- january.

2. What happens to the board of directors. Surely someone has to be in charge

The current board of directors will remain. Continuity and stability is vital at this time. Any takover can have a positive or negative impact on a club. The less change the better in the initial stages. It is likely that at some stage in the future additions or changes will be made (including to addition of representatives of the supporters trust).

3. Who picks the team for Saturday?

Liam Daish - and that will continue to be the case for a period. MyFC members will work to learn about the club and its team (and existing supporters can play a vital role in helping this process). After that the coaching staff will make regular reports available to the membership, members of MyFC will have acces to game footage, some members will attend games (home and away) etc. MyFC members will vote on team selection at that point.

What must Liam REALLY think of all this. Would not be suprised if he walks in the next few weeks as he feels he is being undermined

Apparently a number of meetings have been held between the directors of Ebbsfleet and Laim Daish and between representatives of MyFC and Liam Daish. It appears Daish has expressed the opinion that, while this is a different approach, he is giving it his 100% backing.

All in all I think it's a VERY dangerous road to go down

It is certainly something different. How will it work out? I don't know. The one thing I can say is that there is 100% committment from the membership of MyFC to work in the best interests of the club and to make this work. Time will tell if it does.

As a worse case scenario - Ebbsfleet will receive a substantial injection of funds on an ongoing basis - attendances will increase home and away - debts will be cleared and MyFC cannot run up any debts for the club - and if the whole thing goes belly-up then the club will be sold (probably to the supporters trust for a nominal fee).

What is happening is a major change in how to run a football club. I would encourage existing fans of Ebbsfleet to embrace it - make it work for you and the club. MyFC will do everything in its power to do the same.

LETS BE HONEST

who the hell are Ebbsfleet

This experiment has a great chance of taking a tiny little club to heights it would never have had a chance of.

I'm delighted with taken over a nothing club because then there is the thrill of building it up. And as a club run by football fans, hopefully we can move away from the corporate sell that that has occured at high end league clubs.

Ebbsfleets existing fans should welcome the huge interest there will be in the club.

However now myfootballclub is involved it is us who are the club and existing fans can can involved like we are, and if they dont like it, it really doesnt matter.

Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness
Alan,

I'm a Neutral football fan, I just love football. I'm an England fan primarily but locally I hold no alliegence. As I now have a vested (£35) interest in your team, I'm likely to become much more of a fan of this than any other team. So I'm confident you will be gaining a lot of new fans and not just people playing football manager.

I realise I wound people up the wrong way with some of my comments and for this I apologise, I still stand by what I said but perhaps not in the way I said it. I read so many infactual comments where the information is available that it caused an angry response from myself.

£35 ? I spend more that in the bar on a Saturday !! Plus Programme, plus Season Ticket, plus Merchandise and I am treated like a **** !

Nothing personal against you.....but I think the whole thing is bollo*ks !!

Regards,

Originally Posted By: thegaffer
LETS BE HONEST

This experiment has a great chance of taking a tiny little club to heights it would never have had a chance of.

I'm delighted with taken over a nothing club because then there is the thrill of building it up. And as a club run by football fans, hopefully we can move away from the corporate sell that that has occured at high end league clubs.

Ebbsfleets existing fans should welcome the huge interest there will be in the club.

However now myfootballclub is involved it is us who are the club and existing fans can can involved like we are, and if they dont like it, it really doesnt matter.

With that attitude, if you ever identify yourself at Stonebridge Road (that's where we play, by the way) you are likely to get some serious grief.

Quote:
LETS BE HONEST

How many more braindeads are involved with this venture?