Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Club acquired by website

David Holden

Originally Posted By: Chatham Gary
With that attitude, if you ever identify yourself at Stonebridge Road (that's where we play, by the way) you are likely to get some serious grief.

I seriously doubt that thegaffer is a MyFC member. I've been a member of MyFC since the first day it went public and I've never seen that kind of attitude expressed by any member. Please take such posts with a grain of salt as they're pretty transparent attempts to wind everyone up. If thegaffer IS a real member, and it's always possible, he's one speck in a large pool of people who disagree with him.

Originally Posted By: thegaffer
LETS BE HONEST

who the hell are Ebbsfleet

This experiment has a great chance of taking a tiny little club to heights it would never have had a chance of.

I'm delighted with taken over a nothing club because then there is the thrill of building it up. And as a club run by football fans, hopefully we can move away from the corporate sell that that has occured at high end league clubs.

Ebbsfleets existing fans should welcome the huge interest there will be in the club.

However now myfootballclub is involved it is us who are the club and existing fans can can involved like we are, and if they dont like it, it really doesnt matter.

Thatis confirmation of my earlier post, rename the club and alienate the Stalwarts.
Jason Botley - who the hell are Ebbsfleet.
Gravesend & Northfleet - by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Perhaps the club could only allow in supporters who are ALREADY wearing club shirts,hats, scarves. Hopefully every regular can dig up an old Fleet shirt or scarf from the cupboard.

All the rest would have to go into the away end.

And stand with the away fans, unsegregated.

In the rain and the wind.

Without access to the club shop.

Let us keep the covered stands for Fleet regulars only.

Ebbsfleet fans - there are some bogus posters on here posing as MyFC members. They are not members. Please, please disregard any ridiculous comments or comments intended to produce a reaction.

The fans of Ebbsfleet must be confused and worried at the news and I hope time will settle those nerves and answer all your questions. In reality, nothing much has changed. All staff are remaining and will continue to work hard for the club, but now they have more money and more support.

Originally Posted By: clowntown
What's the Directors Box like at Stonebridge?
I'm assuming it's not going to be big enough for all of us that want to come down.
Is there going to be some sort of rota to get a place or is it first come first served?

Shareholders have no entitlement to go in the Directors seats or lounge unless you are on the Board, or match sponsors, match officials or the officials of the visiting team !!

Pay £35 quid and you expect that ? Come back when you have spent £ 000's !!

Civil War !

Cheers,

I actually thought I was doing a good job on pages 2 and 3.

It's been interesting at times this debate but there are a lot of misinformed opinions from both ends.

End of the day, if nothing else, there are a lot of genuine football fans who are well aware of the sanctity . As a fan, I've been out to support Brighton, Chesterfield, Wrexham and Canvey in times of need with no vested interest. I'm pretty certain that there are a large number who would do the same

jesus there's just no talkin to some people.... can't you people see that there are wind up merchants here takin the p@#s, its gonna happen but only if its voted on by myfc and eu shareholders, god help you lot if a **** like abramovich took over and didnt take into account your feelings on the matter

Originally Posted By: doheochai
Originally Posted By: Aaronl

Couple of questions:

1. Has the club actually been sold

No - an agreement in principle exists between Ebbsfleet United and MyFC for MyFC to purchase a controlling share of Ebbsfleet United. Legal representatives are undertaking 'due diligence'. This process will take approximately 6-8 weeks - after which Ebbsfleet shareholders will vote on the sale and MyFC members will vote on the purchase. All going according to plan - early to mid- january.

Good way to get people to a website this. Say you're gonna buy a club, force 1000 people to join so they can vote agains you ruining their club

Originally Posted By: joyzer
jesus there's just no talkin to some people.... can't you people see that there are wind up merchants here takin the p@#s, its gonna happen but only if its voted on by myfc and eu shareholders, god help you lot if a **** like abramovich took over and didnt take into account your feelings on the matter

That's the worst bit - you clowns really don't get it, do you?

It doesn't matter whether there are people on a wind-up or not. The point is that what your organisation is doing is completely wrong.

Originally Posted By: joyzer

Don't get frustrated, Joyzer, their club's just been sold, of course people are going to be upset. Hopefully existing fans will come to see it as a good thing in time but you can't just expect people to go "Ah! OK, that's fine then." just like that!

I'm not a member of MyFC (thinking about it when payday comes around though), so this is just from a neutral point of view at the moment.

Seems to me that this is less about 20,000+ new fans suddenly arriving at Ebbsfleet, and more about Ebbsfleet being brought by a trust of 20,000+ diverse football fans. There's a guarantee that the trust can't take money out of the club, and a large cash injection coming in. Surely this is better for Ebbsfleet than some lone magnate coming in with an asset stripping quick cash agenda?

As to why this would appeal to football fans in general, maybe it's a symptom of the commerialisation of football in the top flights. I'm a Spurs fan, and seeing stuff like the bullshit around the sacking of Jol makes me hate the board while loving my team. The only worrying thing if I brought into MyFC and Ebbsfleet would be the possible conflict of interest in two years time if Levy manages to [****!!****] things up long enough to see Spurs down to the First Division.

There's two things I'd suggest MyFC do as soon as possible:

1) Consult the Supporter's Trust on if the name should revert to Gravesend And Northfleet. The change to Ebbsfleet doesn't sound the most popular thing the current board have ever done (although at least it wasn't Eurostar Gravesend FC).

2) Look into giving the pre-announcement membership of the Supporter's Trust free membership of MyFC. Obviously that's got to depend on the numbers in the Supporter's Trust, but the fans have the in depth knowledge and passion to help carry the team upward.

Like I said, I'm not a member of MyFC yet, but I'm thinking about it and think this could be a great chance to see a team for football fans demonstrate that football doesn't have to be a money man's game.

Originally Posted By: Goonboy
Originally Posted By: ItsBusiness
Fact: I don't really care what the locals think. They can join if they like, it's a free country.

Fact: I could just treat it like a game of Football Manager but It's £35 quid so I won't. I want to see the team progress to the football league so I'll use my vote wisely.

Fact: If you don't like my opinions then debate them don't just throw insults with no substance.

Dude, shut the [****!!****] up, your making us all look like twats.

the first tiff has broken out amongst the new owners it seems.... grin

fck the football team...this forum is where its at in future.....quality stuff.... yay